Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 14th December 2008, 12:51   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

I know of only one moto guzzi in hyderabad. It's been a regular at the local rallies.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2008, 13:46   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I know of only one moto guzzi in hyderabad. It's been a regular at the local rallies.
Ive seen at least 3 in Hyderabad. I suspect there are more as well.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2008, 14:45   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Beautiful bikes. Congrats. The Moto 4 must sound lovely!
....it's really sweet. The sound of a four cylinder through four pipes is like a V12 Ferrari (or close)
AIRBUSDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2008, 15:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
There are many Moto Guzzis in the country...wondering if you've seen any other Laverda Mr.Karlos?

There was an article in the Times about this gentleman from Ahmedabad who owned the only Laverda in India....but that can't be true 'cos I own one...unless it's the same Motorcycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
There are two lovely Moto Guzzis in my colony too. No prizes for guessing who has them though!!... His current Italian Motorcycle love is a Cagiva!!
Can you post Pics of the Guzzis please? I have a CAGIVA on my mind too! Who owns them...and are they on offer??

Quote:
Yes, you are right - 3 and more. The one Stanher refers to is the only one seen regularly.

Quote:
Wow, a Laverda - pretty rare machine. How many survive in India? Looks like she's in great shape. Can you share details of the restoration?

I came across this old picture of a similar or the same bike as well.
...details of the Pic please. Did you see this Laverda...when and where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Ive never seen anything better in red than these. Congrats. I see ur from Bangalore. Any chance of me getting to see them in flesh?

Cheers
I stay at the Twin Towers near Hebbal Lake. You're welcome to see my Cycles...please message me before you come.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th December 2008 at 17:19. Reason: Hi, posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread within 20 mins of each other.
Old 14th December 2008, 16:06   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Yes, you are right - 3 and more. The one Stanher refers to is the only one seen regularly.
Here is the one that regularly visits the rallies, here in an appearance in Pune, 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRBUSDriver View Post
...details of the Pic please. Did you see this Laverda...when and where?
The picture I think was from roop gills old website. Don't know much about it. I also remember seeing one advertised in Auto India. Possibly the same bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Classics Motorcycles anyone?-moto01.jpg  

Italian Classics Motorcycles anyone?-moto02.jpg  

Old 14th December 2008, 20:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the one that regularly visits the rallies, here in an appearance in Pune, 2008.

The picture I think was from roop gills old website. Don't know much about it. I also remember seeing one advertised in Auto India. Possibly the same bike.
KARL :The Moto Guzzi ( AAY 9822 ) was bought from Delhi ( Ex Consulate ) by my friend in Raichur,years ago.It is registered in Hyderabad because he shuttles between Raichur & Hyderabad ( 200kms). It was owned by him for almost 20 years till he recently sold to another friend in Hyderabad.It is a 1969 750 Twin. Immaculate bike,very original and untampered with low mileage. THE PRESENT OWNER WANTS TO SELL THE BIKE. Infact for the Pune event, the bike was driven down.

AIRBUS DRIVER : As I mentioned earlier,the Laverda was bought from Ahmedabad.There is a Cagiva in Hyderabad, not in use & not for sale.
dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2008, 02:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
KARL :The Moto Guzzi ( AAY 9822 ) was bought from Delhi ( Ex Consulate ) by my friend in Raichur,years ago.It is registered in Hyderabad because he shuttles between Raichur & Hyderabad ( 200kms). It was owned by him for almost 20 years till he recently sold to another friend in Hyderabad.It is a 1969 750 Twin. Immaculate bike,very original and untampered with low mileage. THE PRESENT OWNER WANTS TO SELL THE BIKE. Infact for the Pune event, the bike was driven down.

AIRBUS DRIVER : As I mentioned earlier,the Laverda was bought from Ahmedabad.There is a Cagiva in Hyderabad, not in use & not for sale.
Dominator: I know of a CAGIVA for sale in GOA. I was told it's a 80's 350cc. Do you know this bike?

By the by did you see my Laverda before or after the restoration and was it green when it was in Ahmedabad?? Any info on my bike will be appreciated and pics if you have. Also, do you know if there are more in the country?? I was told it's the only one!
Old 15th December 2008, 10:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Dominator: I know of a CAGIVA for sale in GOA. I was told it's a 80's 350cc. Do you know this bike?

By the by did you see my Laverda before or after the restoration and was it green when it was in Ahmedabad?? Any info on my bike will be appreciated and pics if you have. Also, do you know if there are more in the country?? I was told it's the only one!
I do not know about the Goa Cagiva.

I always knew of your Laverda in Ahmedabad. I only got to see the bike after it arrived in Bangalore ( it was arranged by my friend Navroze ). From the time I have seen the bike, it has been red. As the previous owner happens to be a good friend I was involved during the restoration process.Will check if I have any unrestored pictures of your bike.

I knew of one more Laverda in Delhi, years ago. It probably is the same bike posted by Karl from Roops archive. I do not know of its present existence. It is fair to assume that your Laverda is the only one surviving in India ?
Old 15th December 2008, 12:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

I appologise for my ignorance, but what would be the price of these italian classic be (is it in Lakhs or under a lakh)? Are there anyother Italian classics like Aprilia, Ducati, Benelli, MV Agusta, Bimota in India??

The moto guzzi, stanher is refering to I heard is a GP edition and its one of the seven bikes of that type. Can any one confirm? Does such limited GP edition moto guzzi motorcycles exists??
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2008, 13:29   #25
BHPian

Though, this might be off topic, I still wanted to bring this up for discussion.

In the classic' cars and bikes there is so much importance or limelight the American or English bikes and cars have, while there is hardly anything i have seen for the Japanese make's. What may be the reason for the Japanese make's not making it to the top or is it just my ignorance in this area?
srisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 19:16   #26
BHPian

Quote:

The White Guzzi has piqued my interest. I like the fact that it can be ridden often.How can get I get in touch with the owner?
Old 16th December 2008, 20:17   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The White Guzzi has piqued my interest. I like the fact that it can be ridden often.How can get I get in touch with the owner?
Dominator would know him very well, so you could pm for his number. I had his number stored in my old mobile (assuming it is the same person who owns the bike now) but unfortunately lost it!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 21:43   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Dominator would know him very well, so you could pm for his number. I had his number stored in my old mobile (assuming it is the same person who owns the bike now) but unfortunately lost it!
Airbus Driver - I have sent a PM with the owners contact details. Good Luck.
Old 17th December 2008, 13:59   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, a Laverda - pretty rare machine. How many survive in India? Looks like she's in great shape. Can you share details of the restoration?

I came across this old picture of a similar or the same bike as well.
I'm really curios about this other Laverda in the pic you posted. I'm wondering if this the same bike I own now? Laverdas are rare...is it the only one surviving?

I was not involved in the restoration of my Laverda...nor the Guzzi. The previous owner had many bikes and had apparently bought mine from Ahmedabad and was completely rebuilt....along with the Guzzi by an engineer/mechanic in Bangalore. I yet to get the lowdown on the restoration. I just spoke with Dominator today and he seems to know more about the restoration as the previous owner happens to be his good friend.

You seem well informed about Vintage and Classics in India. Have you come across any other Laverda...in the flesh??
Old 17th December 2008, 17:24   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm really curios about this other Laverda in the pic you posted. I'm wondering if this the same bike I own now? Laverdas are rare...is it the only one surviving?

You seem well informed about Vintage and Classics in India. Have you come across any other Laverda...in the flesh??
I have never had the privelege to come across a Laverda in the flesh, my only rememberance of one in India was the picture I had posted, plus an ad in the Auto India many years ago. I really cant recall any important details of the ad, not even the approximate year.

You can see the picture I posted here. Perhaps Roop Gill can be of assistance.

Roop Gills Classic Motorcycles/Assorted_Collection