Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 4th July 2009, 15:21   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americans58-65 View Post
Hi…I'm trying to post my first message on FORUM, but dont know how to ! The message reads " I have a 1958 MG saloon which shares the same BMC B series engine with the original Ambassador car and most running parts, except for the suspension , steering etc. The car has been jacked up and kept in storage for the last ten years . I need to remove it to a workshop within the next week, for an engine rebore , suspension modification and some body work .
Having just returned to Bangalore,I don’t know many people here . There used to be an old mechanic called Joseph working for MF Motors / Ali Garage ? behind Koshys/ old Berys hotel . He died and I understand his son now repairs old cars in a garage near HBR layout ( close to the ring road / Hennur road ) .He also calls himself Joseph . Would anyone know of this person \ recommend whether I should give the MG for him to work on

In fairness he can't do much damage, because most parts are common with the old Ambassador, but I also have a 1947 Buick Roadmaster which has been in storage for the past ten years, and needs to be put back on the road. I would therefore like to find a good mechanic in Bangalore for the MG ,whom I could subsequently use for the Buick as well If Joseph is not known to anyone, it would be great to receive some suggestions re a competent mechanic, who would have time to work on these old cars ,as I need to find one in under a week." .Could you tell me how to post the above message onto the General Forum site ? Many thanks
Well, hello, I cleaned up your post for you before the mods get down to doing it.
Who says a mechanic cannot do much damage to an Ambassador, let alone an MG?
If your Buick is in Coorg, then I know who you are! There are very few who have only an MG and a Buick.

Welcome Mr. NB and cheers
harit
harit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 11:17   #17

Default bangalore workshop for Classic Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Well, hello, I cleaned up your post for you before the mods get down to doing it.
If your Buick is in Coorg, then I know who you are! There are very few who have only an MG and a Buick.

harit
Harit,isnt it amazing that we should be meeting at Team-BHP. Am just back from the UK,and a second search of the garage there didnt uncover my old Dodge Polara parts.I am quite sure it is lying in the garage at Coorg,and we must run down there together to take a look. An alternative to giving the MG to a workshop,would be to get the work done within the house compound in Bangalore[except for painting and bodywork if required].If I can find some expert mechanics to do this,is this the way to go ? Cheers
Americans58-65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 12:12   #18

Default bangalore workshop for Classic Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post

harit
Re my earlier post,I forgot to mention that the MG has been jacked up and stored for 10 years ,but not at my house.If I move it to my place,I would need a new Ambassador SU carb,to start it up. Would I better off,just having it towed to my house rather than attempting to drive it away ?The immediate work I would like to have done at my house is an engine rebore[it has an Ambassador engine] and refurbishing the suspension[if I can get parts]/modifying the suspension to take Indian parts[BMC parts bin ?].Could this and more be done at home,or am I better off sending it to a workshop? Cheers
Americans58-65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 00:55   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americans58-65 View Post
Re my earlier post,I forgot to mention that the MG has been jacked up and stored for 10 years ,but not at my house.If I move it to my place,I would need a new Ambassador SU carb,to start it up. Would I better off,just having it towed to my house rather than attempting to drive it away ?The immediate work I would like to have done at my house is an engine rebore[it has an Ambassador engine] and refurbishing the suspension[if I can get parts]/modifying the suspension to take Indian parts[BMC parts bin ?].Could this and more be done at home,or am I better off sending it to a workshop? Cheers
Hi, you ask a difficult question. Normally you should hook up with some local enthusiasts and find out who is competent.
BTW, certain Amby parts are hard to come by. I had fitted a SU carb with the correct manifold but had to revert to the Hindustan Motors provided system because I could not get a Carb kit. Only Deshi was available, carb kept getting flodded. You must locate a mechanic locally with reference and go ahead. Or send it to a renown workshop like TVS who are competent but you will have to get parts from UK. Just have a look around and see if you find someone.
All the best
harit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 20:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi DKG

I was wondering if you had any source for some old Bosch Side lights which were made for Mercedes benz?I contacted the Mercedes Benz classic centre and they just wrote back to me to say that they are not availabkle anymore.Would appriciate any kind of help.

Regards
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 20:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

What lights are you looking for Indrojit and for which model and series?
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 20:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
What lights are you looking for Indrojit and for which model and series?

Gogi Ji,I tried sending you a PM regarding this but it didn't go through.I PM other members out of which only two poeple got back to me.I have attached a picture of the lights i am looking for my mercedes preferably found here in india.Thankx for your reply.

P.s. What happend to the Convertible merc in the north east?Anything furthur?
Old 1st October 2009, 09:54   #23
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Hi DKG

I was wondering if you had any source for some old Bosch Side lights which were made for Mercedes benz?
Sorry Indrojit I have yet to find parts sources for Mercs (still haven't started restoration on my Ponton)

I find ebay quite useful for a start and ofcourse marque specific parts dealers. Its hard to believe, but even for a Chevrolet the Bombay market doesn't have anything !!

Last edited by DKG : 1st October 2009 at 09:56.
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 02:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gogi ji & DKG

I am looking for some parts for a 1948 ford mercury.Mainly cosmetic parts no mechanical parts required.Do you have any source for them?Would be happy to hear from you.Thank you
Old 12th February 2010, 03:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi

I am looking for a Twin Ultramatic Packard Transmission.I am not being able to locate this.If anyone could help me I would be grateful.

Thankx
Old 12th February 2010, 10:03   #26
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gogi ji & DKG

I am looking for some parts for a 1948 ford mercury.Mainly cosmetic parts no mechanical parts required.Do you have any source for them?Would be happy to hear from you.Thank you
Quote:
Hi

I am looking for a Twin Ultramatic Packard Transmission.I am not being able to locate this.If anyone could help me I would be grateful.

Thankx
Indrojit your best bet really would be ebay and sourcing from the US. I barely found anything for the Chevy, sourced it all from the US. Packard parts would be impossible in India
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 11:50   #27
BHPian

Would anyone have a dash for a 115 rhd? Any idea where I can source one?
Machdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 18:22   #28

can anyone recommend where i can get a Low Pressure switch of AC for my 1979 Mercedes W123 200D?posting pics of the sample
Attached Images

abhaymagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 07:40   #29

Default Re: Sources for Vintage & Classic Car Parts/Accessories/Restoration Services

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on the board.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2012 at 13:35.
avinashimpex is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 4th February 2013, 18:07   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Sources for Vintage & Classic Car Parts/Accessories/Restoration Services

Came across this Rat killer for our garages and workshops to save our valuable beauties.

Its sold thru the following company and is a no mess solution than tablets and rat poison which is dangerous. I am sure they deliver and those charges could be extra.

Bombay Insulated Cables and Wires Co.
Administrative Office Address:
157/A2 Shah and Nahar Ind. Est.,
S.J.Marg, Lower Parel,
Mumbai 400013
Tel:022 2494 5175
022 2496 1286
NAme of the person is Aditya.

Cheers
Attached Images

Last edited by kasli : 4th February 2013 at 18:09.
kasli is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote