Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 6th March 2013, 16:56   #31
BHPian

Can anyone help in providing contacts / details for getting good chrome plating done in Delhi / NCR. I've tried a few, but the plating hardly lasts beyond a season. I doubt if these people do a copper plating job, even though they claim to do it & charge a hefty amount.

I was reading a very informative article on Chrome plating. Read on, and it says that two coatings of copper are desirable for a good show quality chrome. Also, nickle plating matters more than the final layer of thin chrome plating. Would really help if someone could advise on a good chrome plater.

Thanks.

http://www.finishing.com/faqs/chrome.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhan_kidwai View Post
Can anyone help in providing contacts / details for getting good chrome plating done in Delhi / NCR. I've tried a few, but the plating hardly lasts beyond a season. I doubt if these people do a copper plating job, even though they claim to do it & charge a hefty amount.

I was reading a very informative article on Chrome plating. Read on, and it says that two coatings of copper are desirable for a good show quality chrome. Also, nickle plating matters more than the final layer of thin chrome plating. Would really help if someone could advise on a good chrome plater.

Thanks.

http://www.finishing.com/faqs/chrome.html
Though not a bright chrome, but still informative link for maybe mechanical parts - Electroless Nickle plating in Pune.

http://www.chetanacapacitors.com/ele...l-plating.html

Last edited by karlosdeville : 6th March 2013 at 17:44. Reason: Consecutive posts
farhan_kidwai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 20:01   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Sources for Vintage & Classic Car Parts/Accessories/Restoration Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhan_kidwai View Post
I am aware of very good electroplating jobs being done by an enterprise at Hyderabad.The quality of job done is excellent and my fellow car owners from Nagpur dismantle and send the spares to Hyderabad for getting the job done.
If any teambhpian hails from Hyderabad he or she may please enlighten us. Alternatively, I will also seek the details of the address and contact number soon!
But I also believe that there should be some very good outlets in Delhi/ NCR!
Or have plastics or the engineering plastics of today, taken out all the sheen from chrome plating, subsequently making the latter enterprises close shop and look for faster money in Delhi / NCR ?

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 6th March 2013 at 20:02.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 23:14   #33
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Sources for Vintage & Classic Car Parts/Accessories/Restoration Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
If any teambhpian hails from Hyderabad he or she may please enlighten us. Alternatively, I will also seek the details of the address and contact number soon!
Anjan I am aware of a chap in Bhoiguda area in Hyderabad who does plating, been using him. What I observe is that on fresh metal he does a good job. But when it comes to replating I am not too happy as its not as good as when fresh metal is plated.
DKG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 14:53   #34
BHPian

I suggest that a for sale list should be put up along with a list of cars alongside so sellers and buyers can get a fast reference for their requirements and people with extra parts can sell them fast

Last edited by magneto : 22nd June 2014 at 14:54. Reason: Spelling error
magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 12:36   #35

i have the following vintage and classic parts for sale.

- new and unused carter yf carburettor suitable for chevrolet / jeep and american cars.

- solex 30 FAI carburettor new and unused suitable for hillman and english cars.

- solex M32 carburettor used and working condition suitable for jeeps hillman and english cars.

- carter W1 carburettor used and working condition suitable for jeeps and chevrolet cars/ american cars.

- 6 volt delco remy starter motor 1107109 suitable for chevrolet / american cars.

- distributor cap brand new for hillman car.

- AC make fuel pumps used - 2 nos suitable for american cars.

- autolite foot starter switch new

- prestolite 6 volt solenoid switch

- bumper guards for 1940's american cars - 4 nos

any body needing any of these parts can email me at venkrish@gmail.com
venkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2014, 18:54   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

In case someone is interested

Lucas 1142 side lamps per description

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Of-Genu...86789b&vxp=mtr
travancore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2014, 10:34   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
In case someone is interested Lucas 1142 side lamps per description
Careful, these are Dilli replicas. No Lucas button on top, and those 2 screws to hold the bezel don't belong.
If you google Lucas 1142 you will find lots of past ebay auctions for this item. Nevertheless, anyone who needs it has not many options.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote