Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 8th November 2009, 18:18   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Hi,

Am in lucknow for the weekend found a shop that had a stock of NOS fiat parts , bought the Fuel meter and 2 white indicator lenses. I have given the guy a long list of parts to source such as side pattis, hubcaps and other trim . I have actually asked him to buy any original select/persident era part and call me. Once he updates me on the availability will post his details so that you all can benefit
I currently do not own a fiat , am just stocking some parts for the future.

pics enclosed of the fuel gauge and lenses.

the yenkay fuel gauge and the PPI(made by NEOLITE ) is still available .
also I think that this looks more like herald park light lens,maybe I am wrong
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 21:26   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
@Manish, I go to the Gujiri daily man. Hope to find more parts for you and me.
Daily?! Wow, lucky you!!

In that case, could you try and find me a 2-door Herald side-window glass (Right)

I knew a couple of guys there, one Ameen and an older, weird guy Basha who used to have Standard car parts too.

I can show you a pic. what it looks like if you need help with identifying.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 22:56   #258
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Daily?! Wow, lucky you!!

In that case, could you try and find me a 2-door Herald side-window glass (Right)

I knew a couple of guys there, one Ameen and an older, weird guy Basha who used to have Standard car parts too.

I can show you a pic. what it looks like if you need help with identifying.
Hey Shyam I can definitely help you. I need pics please. But nowadays its very difficult to find old car parts. When I ask for any rare part they say its not there and if i find the part they say its already booked. There are too many car restorers and collectors these days.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 09:33   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Hey Shyam I can definitely help you. I need pics please. But nowadays its very difficult to find old car parts. When I ask for any rare part they say its not there and if i find the part they say its already booked. There are too many car restorers and collectors these days.
I know, same here! :(

Could you pm me your email ID and I will send you a pic.

Thanks.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:36   #260
BHPian

Default Standard Herald Ensign

I am looking to find a wheel (for spare), chrome hub caps, original handle that goes on the bonnet and the turn switch cluster at the steering wheel for my 1960 Standard Herald. I appreciate inputs and leads.

Srivathsa Satya
Srivathsa_Satya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 16:27   #261
BHPian

Default Front Grill required for my 1956 Millecento

Hi All,

I have recently saved a miilicento from being scraped in Bangalore gujri. I am very new to Fiats and need lot of parts of restore that beauty. Fiat experts please help me in regaining its originality and sourcing the parts. I am from Bangalore. Manish sir and Arun sir even i have started going to gujri regularly but not finding any parts. I immediately need a front grill and other parts.

I will post the pics very soon.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
beetle_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 16:51   #262
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle_boy View Post
Hi All,

I have recently saved a miilicento from being scraped in Bangalore gujri. I am very new to Fiats and need lot of parts of restore that beauty. Fiat experts please help me in regaining its originality and sourcing the parts. I am from Bangalore. Manish sir and Arun sir even i have started going to gujri regularly but not finding any parts. I immediately need a front grill and other parts.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Super!!

Start a new thread and post the pictures please.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 18:17   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srivathsa_Satya View Post
I am looking to find a wheel (for spare), chrome hub caps, original handle that goes on the bonnet and the turn switch cluster at the steering wheel for my 1960 Standard Herald. I appreciate inputs and leads.
Wow, I didn't know you'd acquired a Herald! Congrats! Pics.

BTW, there is no model of Herald called Ensign- that was a different car made by Standard UK, which never made it to India. But the same ENSIGN bonnet badges were used for the local (Standard) Heralds on the bonnet with the Standard badge fitted on top of the Ensign one.

Hub caps- you can get them as a brand new stainless steel set that are exactly the same as the originals; better than the chrome ones as these wouldn't rust. They are of the makes NOX, MOX, COX etc.

The bonnet handle would be a needle in a haystack to find here! Even if you do get one, chances are the price demanded for it would be too high!

Importing one from the UK would be a better option. You can visit this website for Herald spares: Canley Classics - Welcome to Canley's Online !

Wheels shouldn't be too hard to get at your gujiri, but do watch out as they are easily mixed up with Gazel wheels, being nearly the same. I'd posted about the differences in the 2 in the standard cars thread once.
Old 9th November 2009, 22:14   #264
BHPian

Default VW Parts dealer?

On my way to Singapore. Can someone point me to a VW parts dealer there? Thx,
Byas
71Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 22:23   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle_boy View Post
Hi All,

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Oh so you are the guy who bought that Fiat (BTW is that Millicento or Elegent).

Please give us the pictures and then we will be able to tell what all is required. Parts are difficult to find in bangalore gujari, we have to try some where else.

@ Arun: Din't you talked of the same. I spoked to wasim in gujari, he did mentioned of the fiat.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 09:22   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I too happened to find one such cover at home today- but it is not as good as the one in Ravi's pic. seems to have had a coat of black paint applied on it at one time.

Still, you're welcome to have it if you wish. 'also have one of the trim plates for the switches at the bottom. 'may still have a couple of switches lying around too.
Thankyou Stanher,i would like to have that cover and whatever you can find with it.Please let me know how to reach you n how to get this accross.Thanks,SINGH.
P.SINGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 09:41   #267
BANNED

Here's one, i found on the net.

301 Jurong Town Hall Road,
#B1-01 Jurong Town Hall Singapore 609431 SINGAPORE, Singapore SINGAPORE

So whats you getting Byas?
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 10:32   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.SINGH View Post
Thankyou Stanher,i would like to have that cover and whatever you can find with it.Please let me know how to reach you n how to get this accross.Thanks,SINGH.
Sure, could you give me your email ID so I can email you the pics. first, just so you can be sure?
Old 10th November 2009, 10:54   #269
BHPian

Be careful 71Convertible, me sees a big list coming to you from Pavan ! Here is another one - Volkswagen Centre Singapore, Volkswagen Dealer Singapore - sgCarMart
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 17:47   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
The Last models of Delites just before the PRESIDENT in 1972, had the steel wheel caps like the PRESIDENT but with FIAT written on them.
Just happened to see your Fiat MRY 3499.Mint condition,WELL DONE.I have same Fiat 1963 and was woundering if u could help me find the original side beedings for the body and the similar wheel caps as on your MRY 3499.Thanks.P.SINGH.
P.SINGH is offline   Reply With Quote