Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 18th November 2009, 12:11   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
If john's car is supposed to have a select lens, then it is not original to this car. The select lens were way different in design, not having provision for the square reflector in the middle. See pic. of this select tail-light:

Attachment 230077

I've one more pic. of the same light, but uploading images right now is a real pain, so I don't have the patience to do it now!
Shyam,

I believe Superselects have the reflector in middle, and the tail light body was made of Aluminium.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 17:31   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Shyam,

I believe Superselects have the reflector in middle, and the tail light body was made of Aluminium.
Yes, you're right about that, manish. And it continued even on the delights and presidents.

I was referring to the SELECT tail-lights, which are different from these.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 17:55   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Yes, you're right about that, manish. And it continued even on the delights and presidents.

I was referring to the SELECT tail-lights, which are different from these.
Upon Searching Google baba, I came across 2 photos of 103 H dont know which is original

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-fiat-103-h.jpg

Name:  1 fiat 103 H.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  68.4 KB

I think Fiat Gurus can enlighten me. Meanwhile Jadsons from whome I bought tail lamp lens for my select upon asking for more says none is available. One in Gujari has it but is selling @ 650 Rs. a pair.
Old 18th November 2009, 23:48   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Upon Searching Google baba, I came across 2 photos of 103 H dont know which is original.
Shyam is right about the select lenses, and the superselect ones did come with the reflector.

Seeing the google pics Manish, my belief is reinforced, that Fiat made several variants with a mish mash of brightwork/ features, across various markets !!

The special in your pictures has quarter glasses, so one can assume the tail lights should be ones with the centre reflector. But notice how this car has trims below the windscreens, like a select !

I would hazard a guess, that as John's special has no quarter glasses, the tail lights should be like those of a select, ie the one Shyam has posted.
Correct me if I'm worng !
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 09:46   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
I would hazard a guess, that as John's special has no quarter glasses, the tail lights should be like those of a select, ie the one Shyam has posted.
Correct me if I'm worng !
So as to conclude, we can say John's car will require Select type Lens. Howevet the ones posted by Shyam are no longer available and one only gets the following types

Name:  lights.JPG
Views: 657
Size:  15.4 KB
Old 19th November 2009, 11:37   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So as to conclude, we can say John's car will require Select type Lens. Howevet the ones posted by Shyam are no longer available and one only gets the following types

Attachment 230541
Yup, one can get these lenses. It's the body of the tail light that is really unique, and next to impossible to source in India.
Old 19th November 2009, 11:42   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, one can get these lenses. It's the body of the tail light that is really unique, and next to impossible to source in India.
Ya the shorter beek ones. I am also looking for them, lets see how lucky I am.
Old 19th November 2009, 12:05   #308
BANNED

Anybody heard of "Sweet trade" make for Padmini lights(tail lamps, number plate lights and front parking lights)? It has metal body and not plastic like UNION.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 14:29   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Anybody heard of "Sweet trade" make for Padmini lights(tail lamps, number plate lights and front parking lights)? It has metal body and not plastic like UNION.
Of course, they are the regular supplier for a lot of Fiat stuff. I've got their metal body tail lights on my car. They may still be available in Mumbai. I can give you their phone number if you want to inquire for a Bangalore dealer.
Old 19th November 2009, 15:02   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of course, they are the regular supplier for a lot of Fiat stuff. I've got their metal body tail lights on my car. They may still be available in Mumbai. I can give you their phone number if you want to inquire for a Bangalore dealer.
I believe they also make metal ones in shorter beek like that on select, I saw one piece with a shop owner.
Old 19th November 2009, 15:49   #311
BANNED

Quote:
What other stuff they manufacture for a Fiat? I saw the Sweet Trade lights for the first time. Guess it was not supplied in Bangalore. Few years back MP make was available, now only UNION.

Last edited by arun1100 : 19th November 2009 at 15:50.
Old 19th November 2009, 18:44   #312
BHPian

Default Sweet Trade

AFAIK, Sweet Trade was second to OE brands manufactured and in some cases "OE" too. Their parking and tail light lenses for all vehicles are of very high and durable quality. Besides, they look very close to original too.

If I didn't have the "itch" for OH REE G NAL E T, I would be most contented with ST products for our FIATS, most of which are still available in abundance in Mumbai.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 19:09   #313
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
AFAIK, Sweet Trade was second to OE brands manufactured and in some cases "OE" too. Their parking and tail light lenses for all vehicles are of very high and durable quality. Besides, they look very close to original too.

If I didn't have the "itch" for OH REE G NAL E T, I would be most contented with ST products for our FIATS, most of which are still available in abundance in Mumbai.
Good to know that ST lights are durable. Today for the first time i saw lights of ST.

Tail light each full set cost: 300rs
Number Plate lights for 2: 300rs
Front Orange parking lights for 2 full set: 285
All the above are metal ones.

Are the rates normal?
Old 19th November 2009, 21:00   #314
BHPian

I have not bought any of late.
But your prices sound pretty OK. Guys owning a PADMINI, should pick them up while they are available. Plus keep one set for spare. You never know.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 21:11   #315
Senior - BHPian

Yep the prices seem ok. Most of them will have an MRP on it though, it's good to check. And yes, do stock up while they're around.
ST also makes white lenses for Padmini front parking lights.