Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 19th November 2009, 21:40   #316
BANNED

Yes Ravi, the prices I mentioned is MRP. Sadly I got front orange lenses set. But I have "ENTEE" make(Bombay) white lenses covers. Will put them.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 23:44   #317
Senior - BHPian

Are the white lens covers good to look at ? The ST ones look excellent, I can try to get them for you if you want !!
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 10:54   #318
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Are the white lens covers good to look at ? The ST ones look excellent, I can try to get them for you if you want !!
Thanks a ton Ravi
This is how the white lens looks like. Quality seems pretty ok. Do you think this is as good as ST?
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc00421.jpg  

arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 11:37   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Thanks a ton Ravi
This is how the white lens looks like. Quality seems pretty ok. Do you think this is as good as ST?
Oh yes, it's looking as good - probably better, as the ST ones have a big "ST" engraved in the centre. This is looking nice !!
Old 20th November 2009, 12:03   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
If john's car is supposed to have a select lens, then it is not original to this car. The select lens were way different in design, not having provision for the square reflector in the middle. See pic. of this select tail-light:

Attachment 230077

I've one more pic. of the same light, but uploading images right now is a real pain, so I don't have the patience to do it now!

HI
1. I just arrived in this morning, 30 hours in transit but soooo good to be here!
It would appear that I need both the aluminum rim and the simple lens.
Doubt that I will be able to find them here but will start looking. If anyone comes across a set, let me know.
John
john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 12:22   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Upon Searching Google baba, I came across 2 photos of 103 H dont know which is original

Attachment 230273

Attachment 230274

I think Fiat Gurus can enlighten me. Meanwhile Jadsons from whome I bought tail lamp lens for my select upon asking for more says none is available. One in Gujari has it but is selling @ 650 Rs. a pair.
Hi,

Both photos seem to be the Continental version produced in Italy. I understand that either in late 62 the front 1/4 glass was used and I recall seeing a late 62 or 63 here in Calcutta with 1/4 windows.

The 6th edition "Fiat 1100 Instruction Book" which I have scanned and offered to send anyone, and I think is for the 1962 Fiats, shows a front 1/4 window, locking gas door flap and rubber on the bumper guards on the Deluxe Model. Can anyone check the date of this publication with the Italian Fiat club?

The drawing of the Deluxe Model must have been a left hand drive drawing and then reversed as the Gas door is on the wrong side as well as the trunk Fiat 1100 emblem.

Can anyone tell me how to copy various posting to include in one response?

Thanks for all the input.
Old 20th November 2009, 14:11   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
Can anyone tell me how to copy various posting to include in one response?
Thanks for all the input.
Welcome back John !!
When you want to quote two or more posts in one response, please click the "quote+" icon which is next to the "quote" icon. Keep doing this for all the posts you want to quote, till the last one where you simply click "quote".
Old 20th November 2009, 14:49   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
The 6th edition "Fiat 1100 Instruction Book" which I have scanned and offered to send anyone, and I think is for the 1962 Fiats, shows a front 1/4 window, locking gas door flap and rubber on the bumper guards on the Deluxe Model. Can anyone check the date of this publication with the Italian Fiat club?
But yours is without the 1/4 glass. The lens should be like select, I got one from Jharkhand for 90 bucks a pair, it's a repro one but again as Karl says "Beggers can't be choosers".I believe those lenses might be available in Kolkatta too. As for the Aluminium Body I am in fray for it, if I get one extra pair I will pass it on to you.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 14:55   #324
Team-BHP Support

John, as we have discussed so many times, your (very pretty looking) car is of suspect origins - I mean this in the best way possible. We cannot say whether the tail lights had reflectors or not.

Since your car has the double stripe along the side taken from the deluxe model, I would say she would look best with reflectors.

I still exort you to refit the original aluminium tail lamps which were present on the car prior to restoration.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 11:59   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
'got a box full of Fiat 1100 bumperguards/overriders that need a good home. There are 7 or 8 pairs in total. Except for 2 or 3, all are in decent condition.
Anyone who wants all/any of them, please pm me.
Thanks.

Attachment 229442
Hi Stanher, just saw ur collection of the bumperguards,was woundering if i could get 2pair for my Fiat.Do let me know.Thanks .SINGH>
P.SINGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 12:13   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I have 2 repro round parking lights, I can give those. The lenses for those are also available at local parts shop. Red lights imitation of original are now with Arun. Local Scrapper is selling the original aluminium body ones for Rs. 400 a pair as told earlier by arun. But Singh Sahab, I believe all these parts you can still found in Delhi. I will enquire and let you know the lace in delhi to find all this.

Do you mean the aluminium Body, the Lens would be similar to the normal Fiat ones.

Wow great, we also found a complete set of bumpers with overriders for my Select in gujari. The Fiat 124 wheel cap has also been bought for our fellow BHPian.

A couple of years ago, after mails and many phone calls, finally came to know they do not offer the service, don't know now. I am also looking for the similar treatment for my select.
Manish i look forward to hear from u regarding the place in delhi where i could find these light parts for my Fiat1963.Thanks for taking the time to find the address.Regards,SINGH.
P.SINGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:46   #327
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I'm desperately looking for a complete set of CLIPS for the clip type wheels that came on the original Fiat 1100 - 1962. I've just managed to source 4 wheels thanks to a helpful tbhpian. I now need the clips.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:59   #328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, I'm desperately looking for a complete set of CLIPS for the clip type wheels that came on the original Fiat 1100 - 1962. I've just managed to source 4 wheels thanks to a helpful tbhpian. I now need the clips.
To get new clips would be near impossible today - get hold of a sample and get them made - it should not be too difficult, but you will have to experiment to get the tension right I suppose.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 13:15   #329
BHPian

Default Bsa C 12

Hi All,

Am in the process of restoring my BSA C12.

Does any one have the original AMAL Carb for this bike - 375/4 is the marking on it.

Also if some one has BSA C12 parts and willing to let me have them - let me know. I am interested and keen.

Cheers!

Saurabh
SA7VA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 00:14   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Are you referring to the clips that hold the hub caps on?

If so I had the same problem and Sanjay drilled and put on pointed clips that have worked very well. I keep my original aluminium caps for show ans put on later caps for day to day driving.

I can email you a photo of the type he used if you like.