Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 25th November 2009, 00:16   #331
Senior - BHPian

Yes John, I very much mean those clips !! Please do mail me photos of what you got made, would really appreciate it !
Thanks
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 00:24   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
John, as we have discussed so many times, your (very pretty looking) car is of suspect origins - I mean this in the best way possible. We cannot say whether the tail lights had reflectors or not.

Since your car has the double stripe along the side taken from the deluxe model, I would say she would look best with reflectors.

I still exort you to refit the original aluminium tail lamps which were present on the car prior to restoration.
Karl, The tail lights that came with the car when I purchased it were as shown in my photos and that's why I ma looking for tan original set with the aluminum frame and simple lens.
john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 09:56   #333
Team-BHP Support

John - what Sanjay did on your car was rivetted Ambassador clips to hold a later style of hubcap (Delight, Padmini style). You will not be able to fit the earlier style with this system.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 11:22   #334
Senior - BHPian

All,

For the spring clips I found something on the Google Baba, Hope this helps

1. Discussion on making spring clips

Making "spring steel" brackets/clips?

From the same link found additional resource

1. Clips for sale

C16-111-115C - HUBCAP CLIP & RIVET KIT - 1 PER WHEEL BEETLE 46-65 GHIA 56-65 BUS 50-70 THING 73-74

2. Resources on making spring clips

Metalsmith V21.2 Springs by Hengl

And then lot of Indian companies make spring clips, this one was some what close to our requirment.

Spring Clip - Exporter & Manufacturer, Mumbai, India

Lets see if clips from other Vehicles have the shape we look for then it will be a good replacement.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:44   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
John - what Sanjay did on your car was rivetted Ambassador clips to hold a later style of hubcap (Delight, Padmini style). You will not be able to fit the earlier style with this system.
All,

I have seen a similar kind of clips on the recent Tempo Travellers for attachinf the wheel caps. This I think can be got as original part for the dealership and also think will have good tension to hold the caps.
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:02   #336
Senior - BHPian

Default new finds

after a gap,I went searching for classic parts and here is what I found in a shop,A VW german PIERBURG FUEL Pump (working condition) for 1300,1200 engines and also heater hoses(NOS GERMAN) 50mmdiameter
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-p021209_17.390002.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-p021209_17.400001.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-p021209_17.400002.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-p181109_17.100001.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-p181109_17.120001.jpg  

Last edited by ajay99 : 2nd December 2009 at 18:10. Reason: add photo
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 16:54   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Back in Calcutta and back On Line after lots of frustration getting BSNL over to check things out.

Karl,
The riveted clips do work for both! I use the Padmini caps for day to day and the original caps for Show.
I will post photos as soon as I can.
John
Old 6th December 2009, 10:55   #338
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
Karl,
The riveted clips do work for both! I use the Padmini caps for day to day and the original caps for Show.
I will post photos as soon as I can.
John
Welcome back John! Hope to see many updates from you on the Calcutta scene.

The FIAT hubcaps that you use for shows are the aluminum units from the later Delight model - the fitting is the same as the Padmini units you have on for saily use. The orignial hubcaps needs felxible clips to fit.
Old 6th December 2009, 12:09   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome back John! Hope to see many updates from you on the Calcutta scene.

The FIAT hubcaps that you use for shows are the aluminum units from the later Delight model - the fitting is the same as the Padmini units you have on for saily use. The orignial hubcaps needs felxible clips to fit.
The Devil is in the Details!
Great to have so many Angels around.

I look forward to bringing the Calcutta scene up to date. Haven't made the rounds yet as we are settling in.

Bumpu Sarkar has been doing a lot of mechanical work on WBF-1 and will be fitting up the moulded matts and door handle set plus a few other items shortly, so that is keeping me focused. The car is running very well and I didn't have to rebuild the engine thankfully.

As a point of interest when I asked Bumpu what his son, Indrojit Sircar was doing in Delhi, he said finishing off high school! I have so enjoyed his contributions and look forward to meeting him.

Last edited by john a milne : 6th December 2009 at 12:16. Reason: added info
Old 6th December 2009, 14:02   #340
Senior - BHPian

Default NOS VW Door Hinge plug

this rare NOS door hinge plug for beetle available in a shop here.
has VWlogo and part NO:111-831-449.
if anyone wants them, pm me and I will pick it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-p181109_17.240001.jpg  

ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 12:27   #341
BHPian

Yesterday, had been to the shop I usually go to get spares for the Landmaster, found a pair of Wipers for the car and while going through his stuff came across these old keychains..
Attached Images

egangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 16:08   #342
BHPian

Shyam was so very kind to part with a set of chromed door handles for my WBF-1 and had the locking drivers handle installed yesterday with some fine tuning, So nice to have a securely locking door.

The chrome looks better than I thought it would but am not installing the other door pulls in the hopes that I can find a new lock barrel as this one works with any key.

Any suggestions where I can find just the lock barrel as I would prefer keeping the original set on. If I get lucky, then I will have a set to offer to anyone in need.

I had taken it to Bumpu Sircar to try and sort out some chronic issues with my brakes that Sanjay was unable to sort out. At the end of the day Bumpu installed a completely new system that now is as good as new. I also asked him to carefully check the whole running gear and he has done a most thorough and meticulous job. The steering has been very heavy and he fitted up an after market set of tie-rods but they didn't come up to his mark and he took them off and I think he has found a set of Rane.

It has been a long standing dream to Tour parts of India and I think this will be the year!
Old 9th December 2009, 16:15   #343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The steering has been very heavy and he fitted up an after market set of tie-rods but they didn't come up to his mark and he took them off and I think he has found a set of Rane.

It has been a long standing dream to Tour parts of India and I think this will be the year!
Good show John. Genuine Rane tie rods are very difficult to find these days. Time for that trip to Panchgani eh?
Old 9th December 2009, 16:57   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions where I can find just the lock barrel as I would prefer keeping the original set on. If I get lucky, then I will have a set to offer to anyone in need.
I think that will not be available and best thing will be to go to a locksmith to check any drawer / cupboard locks are like that and can be fitted.

Another thing will be to get hold of one of the repro units and graft the unit from that.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:51   #345
BHPian

@ Edward,
I am very much interested in getting all those key chains if possible.
Will you buy them all for me ???
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote