Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 12th December 2009, 18:43   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear P.Singh - please PM me. My contact in the Mumbai Chor Bazaar has quite a few things available. His only problem is that he is a bit pricey but I guess its a matter of what you want and what you will pay.

And please post photographs of your car.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Mr.Behram ,i am still waiting to hear from u regarding the side patti/beedings for my fiat 1963 and am looking for a rear view mirror which has a small light in it and also round lens/indicator light covers for the front round indicators lights.Please see if your contact in Mumbai can help me with these parts.
Thankyou.
P.SINGH
P.SINGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 21:05   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
On a recent trips to Spare Parts shops and from ajay I managed to get few light's Parts for Elegent & Select, I could not resist posting them.

P.S. Any body requiring Select Tail lamp Lenses, I can get them ( I saw one full red one) there might be amber and red color also.

Attachment 157711
Hi Manish,just wanted to know if i could have the round indicator glass/lens,the tail light glasses with the red reflectors in the middle and the Fiat horn button for my S/Select 1963 Fiat.
. let me know.
Thanks.
SINGH.
P.SINGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 22:04   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.SINGH View Post
Hi Manish,just wanted to know if i could have the round indicator glass/lens,the tail light glasses with the red reflectors in the middle and the Fiat horn button for my S/Select 1963 Fiat.
The tail-light covers with the reflectors in the middle are the same as on the padmini! You should get them even in Delhi.
Only the design patterns from inside varied over the years.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 06:36   #349

Hello all,
I am a spare parts dealer in Australia dealing in new parts for old car, especially English Cars.
I am visiting India in January for the purpose of meeting suppliers and visiting Car Parts Shops that have old stocks.
Here are some examples of items I wish to buy and ship to Australia:
Standard Herald Tail Light Lenses
Standard Herald Oil Filters
Austin A40 Pistons and Engine Bearings
Morris Minor Side Valve Pistons
Ford Consul Suspension Rubber Bushes
Ford Consul and Zephyr Tie Rod Ends
Morris 8hp Tie Rod Ends
Landmaster Front Wheel Cylinders
I welcome your suggestions for shops or businesses I should contact. I prefer suppliers who have toolings and stock lines already as often the quantities required for old models 50 or 100 pcs are not enough to develope new toolings. There are more than 30 companies in India I already order parts from but I feel there must be many more that I do not know about yet.
I plan to visit
Chennai 7 + 8th
Delhi 9 10 11 + 12th,
Ahmedabad 13th
Mumbai 14 + 15th
Bangalore 16th + 17th
If you can offer any help or suggestions, I welcome details.
Greetings,
Jim in Melbourne
JWClassicParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 09:23   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWClassicParts View Post
Standard Herald Tail Light Lenses
Standard Herald Oil Filters
I'm sure you could get these parts (and even the others you've listed) in plenty down-under itself. And in better quality too, compared to what's available here! There are very few parts of Heralds left here with local dealers, if not I'm sure we ourselves would've been gunning for them by now!
Finding them here would be finding a needle in a haystack, so whether it's worth your time and effort to scout for them in India is questionable?
As for getting a cheaper bargain, considering that they are too rare now, the prices here are likely to go up with existing dealers, if at all they have any left. You might as well get better bargains with the same parts in Oz.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 11:08   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I'm sure you could get these parts (and even the others you've listed) in plenty down-under itself. And in better quality too, compared to what's available here! There are very few parts of Heralds left here with local dealers, if not I'm sure we ourselves would've been gunning for them by now!
Finding them here would be finding a needle in a haystack, so whether it's worth your time and effort to scout for them in India is questionable?
As for getting a cheaper bargain, considering that they are too rare now, the prices here are likely to go up with existing dealers, if at all they have any left. You might as well get better bargains with the same parts in Oz.
Hi Stanher,

From what I could understand, Mr. Jim is also looking to meet with manufacturers who may have made these parts a while ago and still have the tooling. Sourcing old stock seems to be incidental. Maybe I got it wrong, but that is what I understand.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 13:59   #352

Hello Stanher and Harit,

Thanks for your speedy replies, I can buy both new old stock and current stock made to order. I visit Delhi every 2 years for Auto Expo, also Mumbai and last time Kolkatta. I agree find old stocks for classic cars are becoming more difficult. The worst is when you visit a store to hear you should have come here earlier we scrapped all the old stocks a few years ago.
For many years I have been purchasing Herald Rear Tail Lenses from PPI Neolite in Delhi. Now they are supplying components to car makers for original equipment, they don't want small orders of 50 or 100pcs for classic cars, they want orders for 500 or 1000 or 5000 pcs even though they still have the tooling. Same situation for Herald Oil Filters, I can't find manufacturer willing to supply 100pcs.
Quality of India made parts can vary widely from high quality world class to poor quality cheapest price. Usually I am happy with something of middle medium quality but sometimes classic cars don't get driven a lot to wear out a replacement part.
I also visit Sri Lanka sometimes and other Asian countries like Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia.
Any suggestions for shops with old stocks or helpful manufacturers for new parts to suit classic cars will be most welcomed.
Greetings, Jim
Old 14th December 2009, 14:30   #353
BHPian

Friends,

I am looking for Smith Speedometer for 1948 Morris 8 E Series.

PM if any one has or know where its available

thanks
girishpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 03:47   #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Friends,

I am looking for Smith Speedometer for 1948 Morris 8 E Series.

PM if any one has or know where its available

thanks
Hello Girishpv,
My friend in Australia has this Smiths Speedometer to suit Morris 8hp Sr E 1948. The Odometer is showing Zero, not sure if it is new or reconditioned. Cost is A$80.00 or about Rupees 3200. I can bring it from Australia to India in my luggage when I visit in January. Also available Speedometer Cable and many other new parts for this model. Let me know if interested. I welcome any other enquiries, if I can't help myself I try to suggest other supplier.
Greetings, Jim
Old 15th December 2009, 08:27   #355
BHPian

[quote=john a milne;1624816]Shyam was so very kind to part with a set of chromed door handles for my WBF-1 and had the locking drivers handle installed yesterday with some fine tuning, So nice to have a securely locking door.

The steering has been very heavy and he fitted up an after market set of tie-rods but they didn't come up to his mark and he took them off and I think he has found a set of Rane.
/QUOTE]

Finally got the Locking Door Handle working, the tongue that activates the door latch was about 1/4" short so Bumpu welded some material on the back of the latch. Time consuming but it works! Now I can close up the hole in the door where another lock had been installed. I am still trying to repair the original aluminium door handle or find a good used one.

Installed the set of Rane tie rods and WHAT a difference in handling!

Bumpu brought the items in from Bombay & Pune and initially couldn't get a complete set, did, so I have an extra set of two Rane Ball Joints that are for sale if any one needs them.
john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 00:17   #356
BHPian

I want few items for my 2wheel drive Willys Station wagon, if somebody can help me out, i would really appreciate that.
1. Rear Number plate light assembly
2. Wheel caps as shown
3. Headlight assembly and ring
4. Front parking light
5. Body trim as in picture shown below.
Name:  Head light ring   parking lights.jpg
Views: 2949
Size:  45.5 KB
Name:  61mavericktrim  wheel caps.jpg
Views: 2635
Size:  54.7 KB
Name:  wheel cap.jpg
Views: 2189
Size:  18.4 KB
invinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 09:49   #357
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if anyone can help on this locally in India,. I can help source what you need from the US if you are interested.

Please put up some pics of the car as it is now. Is it on its original engine or has it been converted and if so what is the power unit currently.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 12:39   #358

hii,

i needed wheel rims and wheel caps for my 56 fiat millecento .

also i require tail lamp assy ( spoon shape) .

anybody has or has come across please help.

thanks in advance .
sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 14:19   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparx View Post
hii,

i needed wheel rims and wheel caps for my 56 fiat millecento .

also i require tail lamp assy ( spoon shape) .

anybody has or has come across please help.

thanks in advance .
Do you need the tail light lens or the full assembly, and as you have stated millicento, I saw the tail light base in Bangalore gujari (bade bhai shop in right hand side).

And in Mysore check with Benz Automobiles if they have any stock. Also Popular Automobiles in Madikeri (Coorg) might have the spoon shaped lens, I was lucky to get aluminium window winders and petrol tank cap from him.

For the wheels and wheel caps would be difficult to find. The later ones from 1957 onwards can be had by way of some rotting cars in Bangalore.

Request you to please post pictures of you car in FIAT 1100 Club Bangalore.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 18:45   #360

i need the whole tail lamp assy. i checked with benz automobiles , he does not have them. popular also does not have them.

the seat work and exterior fitting work is goin on . wil post pics once its done.

thanks
sparx is offline   Reply With Quote