Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 12th April 2009, 14:25   #46
Senior - BHPian

Guys.

I'm looking for contact details of anyone who can source a JackAll jacking system.

This is the hydrolic jacking system that featured on all four wheels of upmarket cars in teh thirties.

Basically the idea is that when a particular tyre needs to be changed one could use press a button or something similar and the whell would be jacked up hydrolically.

I want to find out if this kind of a susyem could ber fitted on a modern SUV.

The reason is that yeaterday I was out in the desert with some friends, my deflator looked like it was not functioning as required as a result of which the deflation was much more than I wanted which resulted in a pop out. It was such a tiresome job to manually jack up the car so am looking for alternates that are more easy to use.

Those baloon jacks you connect to the exhaust and inflate to lift the car are not very reliable so this JackAll idea sounded good.

Open to sugessions on this.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 15:02   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

A little correction to my previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
'also need good silent blocks for engine (2 per scooter)
Sorry, actually I meant foundations/engine mounts for the block:

Engine Mounts

but I was just told that they wouldn't need changing, since I do have the silent block rubber on metal bushes.

Last edited by Stanher : 12th April 2009 at 15:06.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 12:11   #48
BHPian

Default Yenkay Nos Speedo

Hi !

I need an ORIGINAL Yenkay NOS Speedometer for Lambretta Series 2 - the one with the Light Grey dial face and white needle.

Can any one help?

Cheers.

Saurabh
SA7VA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 12:11   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilgee View Post
Vintage and Classic car lovers all over the country are desperately searching for fast vanishing stocks of very difficult to find and expensive spares. A few years ago a Kerala based spares parts dealer, one of the biggest in the country at that time sold a huge stock of spares as scrap. Almost all of it manufactured by the best in the world in original packing, imported during the difficult licence Raj days.

I had informed quite a few collectors and vintage and classic car enthusiasts of this priceless hoard. But to my knowledge none of those I had informed had picked up anything. I was lucky to accquire some very difficult to find bits including windscreens, carburettors, meters, headlight and tailight assembys, brake and clutch parts etc. at almost throw away prices. A few months later I was informed that a major portion of this stock was purchased by a local scrap trader. By the time I was able to locate the buyer, the lot had been segregated, all the alloy scrap!! unused Zenith, Solex, Weber, Carter, Stomberg carburettors, German, American pistons, rings, main bearings, the list was endless had already been sold to a melting unit. There was a heap of crankshafts, camshafts, gearwheels, diff parts even some meters, clocks etc. awaiting despatch.

The total stock was about 12 to 14 truckloads or more. I had initially tried to convince the dealer to to put a stock list on the net and try and sell the spares online, but they needed to free the space in their godowns and also did not have the patience to go through the whole process. I did think of buying the whole lot if I could find a partner for this venture, becasue it was beyond me both in terms of finance and logistics. Unfortunately nobody wanted to invest money on some old junk.

To date my inability to rescue this priceless hoard of spares is one of my greatest disappointments, the least about the money that could have been made, but that it was an irreplaceable loss to the vintage and classic car enthusiasts community. I would be overjoyed if anyone was able to save even a part of this hoard, because I was informed that the stock from the Coimbatore branch was bought by someone for Bangalore. would anyone have any info???
Regards,
SG
Hi, I think that you are talking about Popular.
The good news is that not all the parts were scrapped. I managed to buy a lot of their parts, and so did a lot of my friends. And I did get a lot of their parts catalogues. But yes, they had so many parts that really no one could have bought all in one go. And they had branches all over India, Mumbai, Chennai, Coimbatore. I got parts from all these places.
So cheer up, all was not scrapped.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 20:20   #50
BHPian

Hai Harit,
great to know someone was able to buy some of the stuff.But its really sad that a major portion of it was scrapped, sold of as scrap.Then thats life.... just think about the pricless cars that were scrapped before Indian enthusiasts / collectors started buying and preserving them.
Cheers,
SG
sunilgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 11:42   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilgee View Post
Hai Harit,
great to know someone was able to buy some of the stuff.But its really sad that a major portion of it was scrapped, sold of as scrap.Then thats life.... just think about the pricless cars that were scrapped before Indian enthusiasts / collectors started buying and preserving them.
Cheers,
SG
Dear Sunigee,

Scrapping, selling or getting rid of old cars is good for the eco system and economy. Just imagine if all the 22,000 Ford Model T's were to have survived. Then they would have not much value, there would be more space problems etc. and the fun of collecting, finding these cars and having something exclusive is gone. So forget what has happened in the past. If you start today, go ahead and build up your collection to the limit you can afford, do not overstretch. And enjoy the hobby, discover parts and cars that are still lying around. And there is stuff, believe me!

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 16:21   #52
Senior - BHPian

Harit
I am looking for some pistons for my wolseley 6/90.If you have anything in stock please do let me know.

Thank You
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 17:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

Default NOS "H" monogram button for steering wheel MARK 1

today's find- a pair of NOS "H"' monogram button+ black surround for steering wheel of mark 1 and possibly later versions.
price -Rs.150/-+Rs.50(for the hardware kit-1set only)

also an used working black bosch coil(6volt) with yellow bosch sticker for VW air cooled models. asking price-Rs.600/-
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-image667.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-image668.jpg  

ajay99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 14:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Harit, I am looking for Fuel Pump repair kits, mainly diaframs, and the vaccum advance kits for the distributor for my 60/61 chevy's, both are the 6 cylinder engines. Can you please tell me where i can source them from.
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 13:53   #55
Senior - BHPian

Default SU carburretor for AMBASSADOR

working condition SU carburretor(made in England) for Ambassador .
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-image669.jpg  

Last edited by ajay99 : 28th April 2009 at 13:56. Reason: attach photo
ajay99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 23:20   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Fiat elegant tail-lamps

Greetings!

Among the few old fiat spares I have still left at home, are this pair of original Elegant tail-lamp assemblies (USED.)

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_3007.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_3006.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_3008.jpg

Rather rough but definitely seem serviceable to me still.

Both missing the upper (indicator) lenses.

Anyone interested can pm me.

Last edited by Stanher : 28th April 2009 at 23:23.
Old 4th May 2009, 23:32   #57
BHPian

Question Your Response To Car Parts Dealer

PLS contact Mr.Jagdishbhai at Opera House Mumbai, ph.9324042049-02230020690 he has a lot of parts as well as knowledge about this parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Can someone suggest some Classic Cars part Dealer in Mumbai ?

It will be great if he is quiet reliable. I especially need for Chevorlet.

I would also be happy if someone could suggest a good mechanic for the same.

If I have posted in the wrong section, then I am sorry but guys please help me out with information.
piyush shah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 11:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush shah View Post
PLS contact Mr.Jagdishbhai at Opera House Mumbai, ph.9324042049-02230020690 he has a lot of parts as well as knowledge about this parts.
Jagdish has lot of knowledge, but, no parts!! He promises and doesnt deliver. He will invariably tell you to come back, saying he will look and that never happens. I guess he is on the the verge of retirement. I have been wanting a gasket set and a fuel pump, and he keeps saying he is trying to locate them from someone in Gujarat!!
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 13:12   #59
BHPian

Default Lambretta Parts

Can anyone help source a Lambretta Series 2 Horncast and the Original Alloy Tail Lamp housing with the bar?

Thank you.
SA7VA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 14:51   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA7VA5 View Post
Can anyone help source a Lambretta Series 2 Horncast and the Original Alloy Tail Lamp housing with the bar?

Thank you.
Well, I have an old (early s2) aluminium tail-lamp housing, the bar (I presume you mean the bulb holder?) was totally corroded etc. so I took it off and threw it away.
The housing needs buffing.

And I think you can contact sidman for a spare horncast.

I thought the one on your scooter is in good shape though?