Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 09:13   #706
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,190
Thanked: 1,980 Times
Default

I think those are merc sunvisors. The material looks like MB Tex.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 19:27   #707
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 182 Times
Default

@ JayD: are you sure about the sunvisors being of some Merc model. Can you post a pic of the same fitted on any Mercedes. I hope they are of use to someone.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 13:16   #708
Senior - BHPian
 
the mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,139
Thanked: 684 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I think those are merc sunvisors. The material looks like MB Tex.
Jay D these are very non characteristic of mercedes, definately not ponton and Fintail, or W 115 Dont go on the Fabric. They are very similar to fiat ones but they were mostly aluminum in Fiats.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:13   #709
BHPian
 
powertwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 444
Thanked: 146 Times
Default Some more Parts....

Friends some more parts like>>>
1) VW Beetle Fender Indicator lights ( 1 pair brand new & 1 pair used one, but in good condition)
2) Amby OHV Smiths meter set with clock ...( 2 sets)
3) Plenty of Smiths meter dials, Lucas dials assorted..
4) SU Carburetor.........1 no
5) VDO MPH meter for Benz Speedo new......1
6) Merc Horn button Ivory ( think 210 SE...)..1
7) Push pull switch ( Merc) 2 position, Ivory knobs...2 nos (new)
8) Bake lite Hon cum light dim dip.....3 nos ( new)
9) Austin Cambridge Smiths meter set...1 set
10) German make push pull & 2 way switches ( new)...may be around 30nos, not in pic!! ( have picked 6+6= 12 nos for me)
11) One more SU pump, with heat protector shield...1
12) VW Beetle fender grill....1 pair new
Sorry some more American parts..yet to clicked ...
Attached Images
                      
powertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:35   #710
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 182 Times
Default

Powertwin from where are you procuring these parts. Is there any dealer clearing the old stocked inventory or is it something else. Just curious to know. Any part related to Fiat cars ? Hope to see some more interesting vintage parts.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:36   #711
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Friends some more parts like>>>
1) VW Beetle Fender Indicator lights ( 1 pair brand new & 1 pair used one, but in good condition)
2) Amby OHV Smiths meter set with clock ...( 2 sets)
3) Plenty of Smiths meter dials, Lucas dials assorted..
4) SU Carburetor.........1 no
5) VDO MPH meter for Benz Speedo new......1
6) Merc Horn button Ivory ( think 210 SE...)..1
7) Push pull switch ( Merc) 2 position, Ivory knobs...2 nos (new)
8) Bake lite Hon cum light dim dip.....3 nos ( new)
9) Austin Cambridge Smiths meter set...1 set
10) German make push pull & 2 way switches ( new)...may be around 30nos, not in pic!! ( have picked 6+6= 12 nos for me)
11) One more SU pump, with heat protector shield...1
12) VW Beetle fender grill....1 pair new
Sorry some more American parts..yet to clicked ...
Hi

are these parts purchased by you for sale or are you dealing in them?

thankx
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:37   #712
BHPian
 
powertwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 444
Thanked: 146 Times
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I think those are merc sunvisors. The material looks like MB Tex.
Need senior members to identify certain parts posted here in my previous post!!
My guessing may be wrong also...on certain parts like Meter dials, switches etc.,
Guys like JayD, can cross check those Merc switches & those blue hand grips ( I was told it belongs to VW Beetle, its new.)
In common Bikes like Bobby, me had few doubts....which is yet to be cleared though
Attached Images
 
powertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 18:03   #713
BHPian
 
powertwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 444
Thanked: 146 Times
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Hi

are these parts purchased by you for sale or are you dealing in them?

thankx
Indrjit Ji,
I am interested in Vintage bike parts ( even I have few 3 & 4 wheelers--Vintage)
Also interested in some watch & Clock collections,.....in that way while hunting for my requirement......land up places like this..
As on date I have picked parts worth approx 80K, from this person
still some more items are in my " PICK ' list .
So I can't reveal the contact details...( as a senior enthusiast you may be aware of the consequences )
Till now I have sourced plenty of both Two wheeler & car parts for real enthusiasts.
Ever since I turned T bhpian , my preference is for bhpians first...others second .
If nobody is not interested in certain parts , if I find it interesting I may pick it......all depends on the circumstances
PS: This week I picked few clocks...that includes a rare CYMA clock & a beautiful DERBY Electronic Swiss world clock ( rare stuff at least in our part of the Globe)>>>>>>think,Nopes!!! - yes from the same person
powertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 18:06   #714
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Indrjit Ji,
I am interested in Vintage bike parts ( even I have few 3 & 4 wheelers--Vintage)
Also interested in some watch & Clock collections,.....in that way while hunting for my requirement......land up places like this..
As on date I have picked parts worth approx 80K, from this person
still some more items are in my " PICK ' list .
So I can't reveal the contact details...( as a senior enthusiast you may be aware of the consequences )
Till now I have sourced plenty of both Two wheeler & car parts for real enthusiasts.
Ever since I turned T bhpian , my preference is for bhpians first...others second .
If nobody is not interested in certain parts , if I find it interesting I may pick it......all depends on the circumstances
PS: This week I picked few clocks...that includes a rare CYMA clock & a beautiful DERBY Electronic Swiss world clock ( rare stuff at least in our part of the Globe)>>>>>>think,Nopes!!! - yes from the same person
thank you so much sir for helping us all with old car spares. I needed something as well, will send you a pm.

regards

Indrojit
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 18:25   #715
BHPian
 
powertwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 444
Thanked: 146 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Powertwin from where are you procuring these parts. Is there any dealer clearing the old stocked inventory or is it something else. Just curious to know. Any part related to Fiat cars ? Hope to see some more interesting vintage parts.
A self starter foot press switch ( go through my previous posts- a few pages before)
.
..................................regarding your doubt of procuring???
Plz go through my Quote to Indrojitsircar" today
That " White steering wheel of FIAT" was picked by one of our senior Tbhpian _ _ _ l
powertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 18:49   #716
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,359
Thanked: 524 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
That " White steering wheel of FIAT" was picked by one of our senior Tbhpian _ _ _ l
Please take care of my PM too, below my username it reads "Senior Bhpian" .
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 15:53   #717
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 155
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Suspension bushes for Standard Super 10 and Dolphin car are available in a shop here in Chennai. If anyone is interested please PM me.
Jai3033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 20:12   #718
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 182 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Can anyone identify as to which car do these sunvisors belong. I am not able to identify them.
Guys do help me out in identifying the car to which these sunvisors belong. I am thinking of selling them off as they are of no use to me. So please help me out in this regard.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 22:07   #719
BHPian
 
ariesonu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 971
Thanked: 1,000 Times
Default

Dear Friends,

I'll be shortly restoring a 1956 Millecento( Yeah yeah, I know you guys will say "another Millecento"!!)

But to bring her back to glory I need your help & guidance.

Now for the parts I need:
1) Original headlights (I again know that this is nearly impossible, but then nothing has been IMPOSSIBLE on TBhp)
2) Original tailights
3) Hub caps (with "FIAT" written in centre)
4) Speedometer
5) "Hoods" around the speedometer & fuel gauge
6) Yellow HORN button
7) The very RARE "millecento" emblem, usually found on dash board/passenger side.
8) Ivory 'KNOB' on gear shift

I may need more parts but that's when we open her & dig more..

((AM I asking for TOO much?!?!?!?))

Raab Rakha,
Sonu

Last edited by ariesonu : 7th December 2010 at 22:10.
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 09:49   #720
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,359
Thanked: 524 Times
Default Re: Vintage & Classic car parts info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
((AM I asking for TOO much?!?!?!?))

Raab Rakha,
Sonu
The only thing that you will find here easily are the two round meters, that too in scrap yards meter shops. All other things are very very hard to find, keep looking.

One of Our friend bought the Carello original headlights from abroad for his Elegent and also some other stuff. Another member also bought some stuff from abroad. But on a ebay search yesterday,found that parts have dried up.

Keep looking. You can use Jawa motorcycle headlight's for your car, they are same size.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vintage & Classic Car Museums & Collectors in Tamil Nadu JAJA Vintage Cars & Classics in India 33 23rd November 2016 03:41
Sources for Vintage & Classic Car Parts/Accessories/Restoration Services DKG Vintage Cars & Classics in India 36 21st July 2014 10:34
A tribute to a Vintage Man : similar to a vintage car or vintage wine StarVegabond Shifting gears 3 12th October 2009 14:49
The 11th Vintage & Classic Car Rally, Jaipur On 7th & 8th Feb, 2009 LOVE HER(ALD)! Vintage Cars & Classics in India 6 12th February 2009 13:36
CLASSIC & VINTAGE Car Parts for SALE ajay99 Shifting gears 18 31st January 2008 20:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks