Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 8th November 2011, 21:05   #871
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Vintage & Classic car parts info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant Pig View Post
Can somebody help me procure the following parts for my Fiat Elegant? Thanks a lot!

1) Fuel Pump
2) Universal joint / coupling (rubber)
3) Radiator hose-pipes

I stay at Panvel. So any place in Mumbai will do.
Hey Elegant,

You will get the Universal joint / coupling, as well as Radiator hose pipes at Shetty Motors, Opera house. However, chances are they may not have it in ready stock, so its better to call and order beforehand. Let me check if I have the number, I'll PM you. There's also Sundar Auto Stores at Worli.

About the Fuel pump, I'm afraid and Oh-Ree-G-nal one for your car will be hard to get. Regular Fiat / Padmini fuel pumps will be available with Shetty.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 22:32   #872
BHPian

Thanks a lot Super! Will try and contact these places. It will be really great if you can give me their contact numbers. Thanks again.
Elegant Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 10:51   #873
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Vintage & Classic car parts info

yes you may find the reqd parts at both the shops and if you plan to visit the market area near operahouse talkies and not not find the proper parts an another person have a small shop there for fiat parts you may get him at 9969288394
piyush shah is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 20:40   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant Pig View Post
Thanks a lot Super! Will try and contact these places. It will be really great if you can give me their contact numbers. Thanks again.
Hi Elegant !
I'm not able to send you a PM or an e-mail, as your account settings aren't permitting. Can you give me your e-mail id, so I can send you the phone numbers ? Shetty motors also has a branch in Turbhe - this may be more convenient for you..
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 02:44   #875
BHPian

Have a few Herald parts, that came off the Triumph herald but would work with the Standard Herald, all in the picture plus 2 of the back light holders. Looking to barter for wiper arms, horn button and the plate on the dash (as shown in the picture). Let me know if anyone is interested.
Attached Images

Pune_Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 08:49   #876
BHPian

Thanks that was quick, all parts in the post above are taken.
Still looking for wiper arms for the herald if someone has it would appreciate it.
Pune_Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 23:18   #877
BHPian

Super, I got all the parts from the Sundar Stores, Worli. Thanks a lot!
Elegant Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 20:47   #878
BHPian

While sourcing parts for my car I found this, difficult to source, air filter for Fiat 1100's:

FIAT 1100 103 1s PORTA FILTRO ARIA N.O.S BOX AIR FILTER | eBay
&
depuratore scatola filtro aria fiat 1100 103 | eBay
Price quoted 249 Euros
Name:  MillecentoAirFilter.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  19.1 KB

AND
FIAT 1100 103/ CORNICE BLOCCHETTO ACCEN. / START SWITCH | eBay
Name:  KGrHqQOKiwE13ONJ9TBNudfiRvQ_12.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  16.0 KB

Raab Rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 23rd November 2011 at 20:55.
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 15:38   #879
BHPian

Default Online Stores for Vintage Car Parts

I need help here . I have couple of vintage cars with me and I need some spare parts for it . I have looked over to couple of web sites but hesitate to order as i don't know weather these parts will work out or not . I need a web site where there are advisers or expertise who can get me the exact part which is needed .

Thanks
ksgehlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 10:29   #880
BHPian

Default Re: Online Stores for Vintage Car Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgehlot View Post
I need help here . I have couple of vintage cars with me and I need some spare parts for it . I have looked over to couple of web sites but hesitate to order as i don't know weather these parts will work out or not . I need a web site where there are advisers or expertise who can uget me the exact part which is needed .

Thanks
are you looking to get the parts from abroad or is that from indian stores. what cars parts r u after?accordingly i can pass on some information
piyush shah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 11:27   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush shah View Post
are you looking to get the parts from abroad or is that from indian stores. what cars parts r u after?accordingly i can pass on some information
Anywhere across the world . I was looking for some online sites where I can find but not sure weather it will the right one or not . I have a 1972 Buick LeSabre . Bodywork on the car is complete all fully restored , now only thing is required is couple of major mechanical parts .
ksgehlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 11:29   #882
BHPian

Quote:
I need help here . I have couple of vintage cars with me and I need some spare parts for it . I have looked over to couple of web sites but hesitate to order as i don't know weather these parts will work out or not . I need a web site where there are advisers or expertise who can get me the exact part which is needed .

Thanks
KSG: Welcome onboard, Pls put DETAILS of your car/s & better still some clear good photos. It's rather difficult to source original parts over the net.

Raab Rakha.
Old 29th November 2011, 11:33   #883
Distinguished - BHPian

What cars do you own . The reason I am asking is that there are quite a few owners on the forum with similar cars and might give you the correct practical advise.

Also the most important is to get hold of a workshop and parts manual to order the correct part if you need it.

And enroll yourself to the marque club where you can interact with the members and technical advisors .

Cheers

Quote:

Thanks
kasli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 12:05   #884
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need some help here!

Am currently restoring a 1955 Dodge Kingsway(the 'fin-less' variety), and urgently need s starter motor. The engine work is done, but am not able to start it, because of lack of a starter. Any leads on this would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 16:18   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Guys, need some help here!

Am currently restoring a 1955 Dodge Kingsway(the 'fin-less' variety), and urgently need s starter motor. The engine work is done, but am not able to start it, because of lack of a starter. Any leads on this would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Try Kolkata members. See if you get in touch with Sircar's. They may be able to help you.

Raab Rakha.