Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 24th November 2014, 22:12   #1381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Dear elegant pig there is no need to be confused please visit my thread restoration of MTP8389 I have also posted complete owners manuals and everything you need to know about the elegant cheers and happy egging - the mole
Yes, I have visited your restoration thread. It's really very helpful! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Correct. The lockable fuel lid. There was NO Delight/Padmini style cap.

The taillamps are indeed correct. Pics please!
Thanks! The car is not with me in Panvel right now. A friend who stays in Ratnagiri is taking care of her. Hence no pics. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Dear Fintail, we all know your love for delights or Fiat 1100D, but please do not confuse our Ekegent Pig by bringing in a different model in conversation .

Dear Elegent Pig, sure will call you tomorrow. I have the so called Anda lenses with me too. Also please refer Amol's restoration thread, that's the right thread to get authentic information.

As regards to fuel cap. The one on MDN car is the type that came till 1962 (approximately). There were 2 types - first one till 1959 - had a thread on the neck of filler pipe, your cap screws first and then locks, later this became twist (a quarter turn) and lock type.

Yours will be the screw type. Pipe can fabricated easily, getting lock is difficult. Since my select 1959 has got screw type system, I do not have any spare pieces to give. EBay will be your best chance.
Thanks for your support! Yes, getting the lid is proving to be very difficult. Searching with fingers crossed...

Last edited by karlosdeville : 25th November 2014 at 09:32. Reason: Consecutive posts
Elegant Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2014, 11:16   #1382

Default Re: Vintage & Classic car parts info

hi,

am restoring my mini 61' and need lots of parts for it mechincal as well as cosmetic , any sources leads would also help .

regards
muthanna
sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2014, 14:39   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Default 1967 beetle Window winders

Rare NOS boxed genuine VW german window winders with part number and VW logo is available in a shop here.2 boxes available.This is for 1967 model beetles and 1967 Karmann ghias only(one year only part)
Attached Images

Last edited by ajay99 : 30th November 2014 at 14:46.
ajay99 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 23:32   #1384
BHPian

FINTAIL, the mole, manishalive, Drkannant & other FIAT aficionados !

Here's a photo of my car. Btw, her name is 'Piggy'.

As I had mentioned, she's in Ratnagiri with a friend. He has sent me this photo of her. He had clicked it about a month ago. Work on her has since begun.

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice so far. Keep it coming !
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-fiat.jpg  

Elegant Pig is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 15:40   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant Pig View Post

Here's a photo of my car. Btw, her name is 'Piggy'.

As I had mentioned, she's in Ratnagiri with a friend. He has sent me this photo of her. He had clicked it about a month ago. Work on her has since begun.

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice so far. Keep it coming !
Good to see your car Parth and it was nice talking to you. As told please try to get more pictures of her from all the angles and in detail of interior and Engine bay for us to comment, make a separate thread for her this way she will be get more attention. There are many fiat guys around here to guide you.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 17:20   #1386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As told please try to get more pictures of her from all the angles and in detail of interior and Engine bay for us to comment, make a separate thread for her this way she will be get more attention.
Some more pictures can be seen here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vinta...ml#post1590249
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 20:53   #1387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where exactly is the car registered? I really do not know, "MHI" is Pune, circa '71-'72.

But wherever it is, it must be pretty close to Pune. MHH 1110 (Or, is it 1111?) is a Bullet in Pune. MHH 8886 is a Land Rover in Pune. And- MHH 4646 is a Lambretta, lying inside some posh housing society in Aundh.

All these vehicles must be registered somewhere pretty close to Pune.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 4th December 2014 at 20:55.
FINTAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 00:05   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Good to see your car Parth and it was nice talking to you. As told please try to get more pictures of her from all the angles and in detail of interior and Engine bay for us to comment, make a separate thread for her this way she will be get more attention. There are many fiat guys around here to guide you.
Yes, Manish, it was good talking to you, too! As I'd sms-ed earlier today, I've managed to find the 'anda' lenses and the cabin-lamps.

As to starting a thread, the car is not in Panvel, where I stay. Moreover, I'm not a very photo/Net/Whatsapp-savvy person. And neither is 70-year-old Mr. Subhash 'Bandhu' Bashte of Ratnagiri, with whom the car is, and who has been entrusted with the resurrection-job.

But, let's keep in touch through this forum and over the phone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post

Dear Karlosdeville,

BHPians sure get around, don't they! The car had been in Ratnagiri for hardly a couple of months when she was evidently 'spotted' by dhrishikesh! I had just shifted base to Ratnagiri, then, and used this car regularly. I used to park her in the premises of Subhash Auto Repairs, in the loving care of Mr. Subhash 'Bandhu' Bashte.

Btw, I'm not Shrikant, but Parth Bapat. And I'm neither 59, nor a garage-owner!

Any help in procuring the parts and advice on the restoration would be most welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Where exactly is the car registered? I really do not know, "MHI" is Pune, circa '71-'72.

But wherever it is, it must be pretty close to Pune. MHH 1110 (Or, is it 1111?) is a Bullet in Pune. MHH 8886 is a Land Rover in Pune. And- MHH 4646 is a Lambretta, lying inside some posh housing society in Aundh.

All these vehicles must be registered somewhere pretty close to Pune.
Spot on, FINTAIL! The car was registered (or, maybe, re-registered) in Pune. I can't be sure because the RC book that I've got is a duplicate one, in which the first entry is dated 1967 with a Mr. Vinayak Kaulgetra named as the owner.

It was transferred to Pen R.T.O. in 1994, in the name of a Mr. Madhusudan Joshi of Panvel. In 1999, it was bought by Mr. Ashok Pradhan of Panvel, a relative of mine, who subsequently gifted it to me. The car was formally transferred to my name in 2005. It remained registered with the Pen R.T.O. through these transfers.

It was only when I got the car re-registered in 2013, that the registration was transferred to Panvel R.T.O.

So, that's the known history of this car!

Last edited by karlosdeville : 5th December 2014 at 09:38. Reason: Consecutive posts
Elegant Pig is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 21:03   #1389
Senior - BHPian

http://ludhiana.olx.in/vintage-car-s...-iid-755831185
vinay kamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 21:20   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was only when I got the car re-registered in 2013, that the registration was transferred to Panvel R.T.O.

So, that's the known history of this car!
Wait! Does this mean that the car is now MH46X something now? 'Coz you mentioned, she was re-registered?:

Nevertheless, will be a welcome change seeing a MH46 registered Dukkar, what say?

Last edited by FINTAIL : 5th December 2014 at 21:24.
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:52   #1391

i have 4 x 450 x 17" wheels ( tyres , tubes and rims ) for sale.
2 tyres are good with tread on them. one tyre is smooth but very useable.
one tyre has got a sidewall crack and i have been using it with a gutter.

the tubes are good/ some new.

the rims are in good shape.

suitable for morris 8 , austin and wolseley cars. maybe other makes also.

this is a rare wheel/ tyre size and difficult to get. imported tyres are prohibitively expensive.

i am selling these because if got slightly better condition used tyres and i do not have space to store them.

the tyres will last the lifetime of the car if maintained well , considering these cars are used for short rides / rallys etc.

if anyone is interested they can mail me at venkrish@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2426.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2429.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2421.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2432.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_2427.jpg  

venkrish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 18:10   #1392
BHPian

Dear FINTAIL,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Have been out of town.

The car, having last undergone the 'passing' procedure in 2008 from Pen R.T.O., became due for 'passing' again in 2013.

This time around, I was informed that Panvel, where I stay, and therefore, is the address given in the car registration book, had since got an R.T.O. office of its own, and I was instructed to take my car there for the 'passing'.

Thus, this 'passing' procedure of 2013 took place at Panvel R.T.O. The entry made in the registration book on this occasion reads, "M.V. mechanically fit and passed for next 60 months. Re-Reg. valid upto 13/05/2018. M.V. inspected by ---- -IMV RTO Panvel."

The car registration number has, however, not changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post

Dear karlosdeville,

The thread that you've given shows photos of my car and some remarks by other bhpians. One remark, made by President, says that the headlamps and the rims are original.

What I would like to know is, are they really so? I was under the impression that the headlamps are not original, though the rims may be.

Could you (or in fact, anyone else) please confirm?

Thanks!

Last edited by karlosdeville : 30th December 2014 at 09:59. Reason: Consecutive posts
Elegant Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 21:21   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What I would like to know is, are they really so? I was under the impression that the headlamps are not original, though the rims may be.

Could you (or in fact, anyone else) please confirm?

Thanks!
The headlamps appear to be original. What make are they of, BTW?

The rims, are not. You know how to make them...err...original.
Old 7th January 2015, 20:28   #1394
BHPian

Looking for a rear windscreen for a 1958 Standard Vanguard.
S.B.Jatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 11:41   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
Looking for a rear windscreen for a 1958 Standard Vanguard.
Dear Mr Jatti,

Mr Arora of arora glasses Delhi makes very good laminated glasses if you give him either the old glass or a plywood template.

Many years ago he had made glasses for me which fit perfectly. If I can find his number I will post it, its been a long time. You could ask or try to search on the net. Being in Delhi yourself, transport damage risk would be minimal.

I used Agarwal packers who insured and delivered without a problem
Bulldogji is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote