Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2009, 10:46   #61
BHPian
 
Alter_Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 443
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
WHEN, WHERE, HOW, - WORLD CLASS! - MORE PHOTOS PLEASE!!!!!!!
Here you go.Its been a long time.This car was introduced by DC in January 10, 2008 at the Auto Expo in New Delhi. This luxury car was unveiled by Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt. The Ambierod design takes its inspiration from the design of the oldest Ambassador. If it goes into production, itís expected to come in Rs 4 crore (US $1 million) price range.

Name:  ambierodmain_48copy.jpg
Views: 38352
Size:  69.5 KB

Name:  dc_design_ambierod_main6301118630x360.jpg
Views: 28009
Size:  64.2 KB

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 16th May 2009 at 10:58.
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2009, 00:33   #62
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (MH-01)
Posts: 809
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Here you go.Its been a long time.This car was introduced by DC in January 10, 2008 at the Auto Expo in New Delhi. This luxury car was unveiled by Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt. The Ambierod design takes its inspiration from the design of the oldest Ambassador. If it goes into production, itís expected to come in Rs 4 crore (US $1 million) price range.

Attachment 136887

Attachment 136888
The second picture is not of the Ambierod.

Honestly, that Ambierod, by no means, is a hot rod.
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2009, 02:19   #63
BHPian
 
john a milne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto / Calcutta
Posts: 907
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
The second picture is not of the Ambierod.

Honestly, that Ambierod, by no means, is a hot rod.
More like a "Custom" from the ground up and one of the nicest I've seen. Any idea what kind of an engine it's using?

There is an overlap between Hot Rods & Customs here in N.A. and most of the car shows include both. The Hot Rods came first and then evolved into customizing some with modified or bigger engines.
john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2009, 08:42   #64
BHPian
 
Alter_Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 443
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
The second picture is not of the Ambierod.

Honestly, that Ambierod, by no means, is a hot rod.
Even I did not believe it the first time as I had seen the other grey/silver colour version and a totally different chassis of the Ambierod. But alas it is an ambierod. Love it or hate it.

And I am really not sure what demarcates it from being a hot rod or a customised version.So its upto you guys to decide. Was in possession of the pictures and hence posted it.
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 21:46   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: zxc
Posts: 3,394
Thanked: 658 Times
Default

With his (DC) kind of tooling and experience, he could have churned better products. But all he comes up with are models for our very famous 'the weird and wacky' thread.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 21:55   #66
BHPian
 
Alter_Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 443
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
With his (DC) kind of tooling and experience, he could have churned better products. But all he comes up with are models for our very famous 'the weird and wacky' thread.
.But he has also brought out the famous Bond aston martin.
So I guess you win some you loose some.

By the way a few hot rod snaps which I had on my hard disk,from the maharajas of Rajhastan and they are MH registered.Mostly shelbys.
I guess there was a famous mustang touring thread also in this forum.
Something related I assume.
Name:  hrdp_0901w_12_zhot_rod_tour_of_majarajahday6route_planning.jpg
Views: 9494
Size:  59.1 KB

Name:  hrdp_0901w_09_zhot_rod_tour_of_majarajahday61964_k_code_mustang.jpg
Views: 12883
Size:  70.3 KB

Name:  hrdp_0901w_06_zhot_rod_tour_of_majarajahday2shelby.jpg
Views: 9771
Size:  68.3 KB

Name:  hrdp_0901w_05_zhot_rod_tour_of_majarajahday11speed_breakers.jpg
Views: 9157
Size:  65.4 KB
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 22:39   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: zxc
Posts: 3,394
Thanked: 658 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
.But he has also brought out the famous Bond aston martin.
So I guess you win some you loose some.

By the way a few hot rod snaps which I had on my hard disk,from the maharajas of Rajhastan and they are MH registered.Mostly shelbys.
I guess there was a famous mustang touring thread also in this forum.
Something related I assume.
Actually aston was not changed much.

above are stock cars and not hot rods.

BTW who owns these ponies.??
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 23:47   #68
BHPian
 
Alter_Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 443
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Actually aston was not changed much.

above are stock cars and not hot rods.

BTW who owns these ponies.??

Either the royal family of Rajhasthan or some brits who are doing a showcase of the mustangs with a road trip all over the world.But not sure why the temp MH registration.
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 00:59   #69
BHPian
 
S@~+#0$#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 700
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
BTW who owns these ponies.??
I think these were pictures of the 10 Mustangs touring India. More on that can be found at link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...ugh-india.html
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 01:24   #70
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (MH-01)
Posts: 809
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Even I did not believe it the first time as I had seen the other grey/silver colour version and a totally different chassis of the Ambierod. But alas it is an ambierod. Love it or hate it.

And I am really not sure what demarcates it from being a hot rod or a customised version.So its upto you guys to decide. Was in possession of the pictures and hence posted it.
The second pic is based on an old Rolls-Royce.

@ john a milne, the Ambierod just has a passing resemblance to the Ambassador. It is not built on an Ambassador chassis.
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 01:34   #71
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Actually aston was not changed much.

above are stock cars and not hot rods.

BTW who owns these ponies.??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Either the royal family of Rajhasthan or some brits who are doing a showcase of the mustangs with a road trip all over the world.But not sure why the temp MH registration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
I think these were pictures of the 10 Mustangs touring India. More on that can be found at link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...ugh-india.html

These 10 mustangs Toured india in Association with Hot Rod magazine. Here is the official link.
HOT ROD on the Road in India - HOT ROD Magazine
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 20:55   #72
BHPian
 
john a milne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto / Calcutta
Posts: 907
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

Here are a few more examples of what can be done with "Vision, Imagination, Talent & Money"
Attached Images
          
john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 20:59   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,837
Thanked: 1,312 Times
Default

pity "good taste" is missing from the above list
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 21:24   #74
BHPian
 
Alter_Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 443
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
Here are a few more examples of what can be done with "Vision, Imagination, Talent & Money"
Now thats a cross between a volvo and a dodge charger estate version

And that too a bonsai version
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 22:12   #75
BHPian
 
john a milne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto / Calcutta
Posts: 907
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
pity "good taste" is missing from the above list
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"

Not sure why the other cars didn't up load but hope I can add these other examples of extreme Customs found in the USA.

It is such a big hobby and covers such a broad segment of peoples "tastes" with a number of weekly TV Custom Car Shows that follow the transformation step by step. The work shops are big and fully equipped staffed by people who have been raised in this "Culture".

I think one could safety say "Only in America"
Attached Images
      
john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whoohoo!! A weekend of Hot-rods!! Nitin Beyond Borders 29 21st July 2014 16:08
Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods saket77 Commercial Vehicles 30 22nd March 2014 00:14
Russian Hot Rods! AyAn! The International Automotive Scene 24 20th October 2009 23:56
Hot-Rods by the master... Chip Foose ranjan united The International Automotive Scene 3 21st July 2006 15:56
Pics: American Muscle Cars & Hot Rods chaxy The International Automotive Scene 9 4th November 2005 17:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:49.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks