Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 21st July 2009, 21:49   #91
Senior - BHPian

A few pictures of the citroen.The car is mechanically ready.A few main jobs remain before this car is all ready on the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1691.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1692.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1694.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1696.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1757.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1758.jpg  

IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 21:52   #92
Senior - BHPian

This is a Jaguar Mark VII in trhe last stages of restoration.Sorry i added a wrong pic in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1697.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1708.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1700.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1701.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1755.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1756.jpg  

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 21st July 2009 at 21:53. Reason: wrong picture uploaded
Old 21st July 2009, 21:55   #93
Senior - BHPian

Sorry i ment to add this pic the second pic there was added by mistake.
Attached Thumbnails
Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1698.jpg  

Old 21st July 2009, 22:00   #94
Senior - BHPian

These are pictures of a mercedes benz 180A during dismantelling of entire vehicle.More updates of this car would be given to you soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1708.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1709.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1711.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1713.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1714.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1735.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1736.jpg  

Old 21st July 2009, 22:05   #95
Senior - BHPian

These are the pictures of my mercedes whose drums we have opened and are servicing the breaks.We have imported new tyres from the U.S. We are going to start work on this car very soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1747.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1748.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1749.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1750.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1751.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1752.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-dscf1746.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2009, 10:19   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Hello everyone,

I recently was in calcutta in my workshop and thought of updating all of you with all the happenings.We are finishing off the citroen that was mentioned earlier in this poll and i am putting up some pictures of the jaguar which was missed.I would be also putting up pictures of my 1930 mercedes and a mercedes 180A which has come to us for restoration.The 180A is being dismantelled in stages.My mercedes tyres have been imported and we shall be starting work on the car soon.I would also be putting up some pre restoration pictures and pictures after restoration of the Austin A95 Westminster.Please do give a feedback would be looking forward to it.

Thank You.
Hi Indrojit.

nice to hear from you after a long time.

Great progress has been made on your cars i see. That Austin looks factory fresh, amazing.

Did you order that certificate from the MB heritage people we spoke of ??

Also please post some pics of the Study's engine bay and interior. Any progress on this car ??

Wasif
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:37   #97
Team-BHP Support

Great that the resto on the Mercedes is on. Once done it will truly be spectacular. Do keep us posted.

What car is this, visible behind the Mercedes?

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-vbnm.jpg

Can you make some contributions here, with exact dates of registrations of your cars? There is some confusion on the series order in Calcutta.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...-india-11.html (Early registration numbers in India)
karlosdeville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:05   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post

Attachment 162446

Can you make some contributions here, with exact dates of registrations of your cars? There is some confusion on the series order in Calcutta.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...-india-11.html (Early registration numbers in India)
This is a '61-63 Ford Falcon. OT here, but its registration number, btw, is of the early 70s!
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:21   #99
Senior - BHPian

Default Questions, questions!

Hi Indrojit,

Please do put in your comments on the registration numbers topic.

Some wonderful restoration work on the Austin. Just one question - is the grille original? Isnt the stock A55 grille more like a Cheesecrate version?

Also, in case you're still in Kolkata, do you mind if a nosy, good for nothing amateur enthusiast (me, me) pays you and your works a visit?
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:14   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Hi Indrojit.

nice to hear from you after a long time.

Great progress has been made on your cars i see. That Austin looks factory fresh, amazing.

Did you order that certificate from the MB heritage people we spoke of ??

Also please post some pics of the Study's engine bay and interior. Any progress on this car ??

Wasif

Hi Wasif

thank you for your comments on the austin.
No i haven't ordered the MB heritage certificate.
I managaed to take a picture of the study's enine bay but it hasn't come completely.Only the Chassis and engine number have come if you are interested i shall upload that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Great that the resto on the Mercedes is on. Once done it will truly be spectacular. Do keep us posted.

Attachment 162446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
This is a '61-63 Ford Falcon. OT here, but its registration number, btw, is of the early 70s!

Hi karl,

Yes prabal is right it is a 60's Ford falcon son't know the exact year though.This car has come for some body modification job.I will try and clear the confusion in the registration number form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Hi Indrojit,

Please do put in your comments on the registration numbers topic.

Some wonderful restoration work on the Austin. Just one question - is the grille original? Isnt the stock A55 grille more like a Cheesecrate version?

Also, in case you're still in Kolkata, do you mind if a nosy, good for nothing amateur enthusiast (me, me) pays you and your works a visit?

Hi predatorwheelz,

Thank you for the comment on the austin.This car is a A95 Westminster and every single thing on this car is original.I am not in calcutta at this point you surely are welcome to visit us any time once i'm there.If you are a frequent visitor of the calcutta statesman vintage car rally or the tolly car show you would see most of the cars in this forum there leaving a few.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd July 2009 at 16:47. Reason: Posts merged. You can use the multiquote feature instead of making consecutive posts. Thanks.
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:32   #101
BHPian

Hi Indrojit,

Hadn't noticed the earlier posts by you today, as they were in the previous page of the thread, which I thought contained only old posts. The cars are looking good

Quote:
I managaed to take a picture of the study's enine bay but it hasn't come completely.Only the Chassis and engine number have come if you are interested i shall upload that.
Yes please, could be helpful in the final identification exercise.

Quote:
I will try and clear the confusion in the registration number form.
This is of course for all the vehicles, or as many as possible, in your stables.

Thanks,

Prabal
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2009, 21:57   #102
Senior - BHPian

Hi

I'm really sorry for the late reply.I have taken a pic of the engine bay but hasnt come dat well and have taken a pic of the Engine/chassis number plate in the bay and the numbers are distinctly visible if everyone wishes i shall upload the pic.
Old 28th July 2009, 00:33   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aw why can't you fly down there this evening and get the pics uploaded ASAP.

How can you ask us to wait for a full month. Some of us might not survive that long !!!
Quote:
It is not possible to tell if the car is a Golden or a Filght Hawk by the pictures we have seen so far of it. One thing is certain is that it has to be one of these and it is definitely not a Sliver Hawk or any other Hawk.

I have been pointing out that the only actual way to be dead certian is to see pictures of the interior and the engine bay and to check the Chassis / engine number.

Personally I would love to know it is confirmed as a Golden Hawk as this car in my opinion is the original Americal Muscle Car and the granddaddy of all the musclecars that have followed since.

The purity of the design is by itself classic and timeless. This is one of those few body designs that will never age and will always look fresh just like the Ferarri 275 GTB, Prosche 911 and also the Jaguar E Type.

All in all an amazing piece of kit. Now if it was a Flight hawk it would still be an awsome machine and if it is actually a Golden Hawk then nothing like it.

I personally feel the Flight Hawk looks more purer without the add on fins of the Golden Hawk.

If it was left to me I would not bolt on the said fins and let the car look like Lowey actually wanted it to look not corrupted by the then prevailing market influences that resulted in the bolting on of teh said fins.

This car will always feature prominently in any enthuseasts list of landmark designs along with the likes of the early letter series Chryslers.
Quote:
Sorry Wasif, me thinks the options could only be between a Golden or Sky Hawk. No other talons for me!

Now, where's that bottle of Coke...?
Quote:
You said Flight Hawk and not Sky Hawk, my friend. Sorry I don't mean to rub it in or , just clarifying.

Cheers,

Prabal (and not Parbal, or Parboil or Parabola - don't believe MS Word).
Quote:
Don't worry all of us have many years to go still don't worry.

Hi sorry the picture i have is of the body number plate which is still on the car and i am uploading the picture.I am sorry i said that the picture is of the engine number and chassis number that was by mistake.I would also request all of you to have a look at a link of a video on youtube which is about the authentification of this car according to the body number plate on the car.So please do have a look at that before you come to any conclusion if it is or not a 1956 Golden Hawk.The link to the video is and

The first part is the one which contains the information for the body number plate.

Mods-Please edit this post if required but do not delete it.Thank you

cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-pic02.jpg  

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 28th July 2009 at 00:36.
Old 28th July 2009, 17:10   #104
Senior - BHPian

Matter settled now with the video and the body plate pic of his car that Indrojit has posted.

Firstly lets not get sceptical about everything and everyone. The man has gone and said that his car is a 56 Golden Hawk and if we have strict reason to believe otherwise, it should be understood as that. IMHO, the owner would have a better detail of the car he owns,.... unless he is not so knowledgeable about its details cars, which Indrojit certainly does not seem to be.

Secondly the fact that we do not know of any such second car does not mean that one does not exist. Like Prabal (yes i checked the spelling, in case i get reprimanded by him) i chose to believe in Indrojit's claims not having any material to doubt him. Please guys, no one of us knows about every car that exists in India or is present here. Indrojit has given clear explanations to valid queries raised by some gurus, i dont see the reason to doubt him.

I will draw your attention to the 300SL gullwing thread where someone made a claim and got jacked by one and all, including me. Well even there, we all said we had not got any confirmation from anyone having seen or heard of a gullwing in India but were open to correction which never came. The person making the claim got so deeply involved with lies that he got caught and i dont think is on the forum anymore.

I have been following this thread but my knowledge about Golden Hawks has grown with this thread. If i were amongst those who had doubted Indrojit's claims, i would have owed him an apology.

For those who still continue to doubt, see the first video where it is clearly said that all Hawks have the J-K7 plate. 56 being the year of manufacture, J for the Packard 352 V-8 it houses and K7 for it being a hardtop.

Case Closed!! Thanks for the Videos Indrojit.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 17:33   #105
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Firstly lets not get sceptical about everything and everyone
Very well said Gogi. This is not the first time someone has doubted a car on TBHP.

I personally feel on this forum you will have both, mistaken owners and mistaken doubters.

What is essential is to maintain a decorum where we don't offend each other or raise questions about each other's integrity publicly.

Its just plain indecent to do so.

Glad the issue is settled.

Indrojit your efforts to clear the doubt are really appreciated. The last time when such a doubt was raised about a car and I requested the owner for pictures of body numbers ( a fact corroborated by a highly respected historian and restorer of that very car ) to prove the doubter wrong he brushed my request aside with a "can't be bothered about idiots who don't know, infact ask the fellow to prove my car is altered and I'll wager $10000" !!!.

I personally would have prefered the owner to have allowed for clarity rather than just brush it all aside. Because a part me appreciates the doubters too, for after all the vintage car world is also known to be inundated with cars with incorrect identifications and history.

Thanks

Last edited by DKG : 28th July 2009 at 17:39.
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote