Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 4th September 2009, 23:16   #121
Senior - BHPian

The Jaguar Mark VII has been completed and has been delivered on Wednesday will upload them soon.The Ford Falcon is almost ready and so is the citroen.Will upload the pictures of those also soon.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 19:37   #122
BHPian

Hi Indrojit !!

That is some amazing work that you people are doing !! Going through this thread was like visiting my ultimate fantasy land. I will surely be visiting you when I plan to come to Calcutta (kolkatta) and get my hands dirty on these lovely ladies !!!
diesel_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 20:52   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_maniac View Post
Hi Indrojit !!

That is some amazing work that you people are doing !! Going through this thread was like visiting my ultimate fantasy land. I will surely be visiting you when I plan to come to Calcutta (kolkatta) and get my hands dirty on these lovely ladies !!!

Sure man anytime!
Old 3rd October 2009, 19:56   #124
Senior - BHPian

Just a short update as i had promissed to give about the Golden Hawk in the other thread i.e. "studebaker and nash cars in india" -The suspension parts have been scraped down and have been painted,The complete chassis has been cleaned,scrapped and re-painted with primer.My father was look for some control arm bushes which he has managed to locate a manufacturer who will manufature it for us.Will keep you posted with furthur happenings.
Old 16th October 2009, 01:03   #125
Senior - BHPian

Well Good got some good news today morning.The parts that had come in from the U.S have finally been cleared by the customs almost after a month.

I would thank Wasif once again for all the help he provided in finding the sourecein the U.S. I am happy with all the parts that have come in.Although we have to re-chrome all the trims,the grills etc.Thank You wasif once again for all the effort made by you after the various words we exchanged of the car being a Golden Hawk or not.

Will update as and when the restoration progresses.Looking forward to more questions and feedbacks.
Old 17th October 2009, 14:32   #126
Senior - BHPian

You are welcome dear sir. I hope you don't forget your part of the deal, to do up the car and have it in mint condition ASAP and let me take it for a spin on my next visit to India.

Did'n I say at the onset of this "prepare to be amazed"

And what words did we have again ......
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 00:16   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
You are welcome dear sir. I hope you don't forget your part of the deal, to do up the car and have it in mint condition ASAP and let me take it for a spin on my next visit to India.

Did'n I say at the onset of this "prepare to be amazed"

And what words did we have again ......
Yes i do remember it very well.It should be done by the begining of 2011.Well every car we work is done in mint condition so even this one would be for sure.Yes youn are most welcome to come to calcutta and take it for a spin for sure.

Well we didn't have any words again but intially when the question arised if it was a Golden Hawk or not.
Old 19th October 2009, 20:01   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Hi i just found some pics of restoration of the 1952 Bentley Mark VI which has been posted already before on this thread.This car was dismanteled to the last bit and then the engine was done and then a road test of this car was done of the chassis only without the body as we do to all the cars we work on.Leaving the cars which don't have a chassis.
Looking forward to feedbacks.
Can you tell us who was the coach builder for this sleek Bentley?
karlosdeville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 21:02   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Can you tell us who was the coach builder for this sleek Bentley?

Give me some time I will get back to you.This car was owned by a person called Rajkumar Presto before Mr.Naresh Kumar.
Old 21st October 2009, 03:49   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi i just found some pics of restoration of the 1952 Bentley Mark VI which has been posted already before on this thread.This car was dismanteled to the last bit and then the engine was done and then a road test of this car was done of the chassis only without the body as we do to all the cars we work on.Leaving the cars which don't have a chassis.
Looking forward to feedbacks.
Indrojit,
Please get the chassis number too. Cheers
travancore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 18:31   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
Indrojit,
Please get the chassis number too. Cheers

I will try and do it. I can't promise because I have to request the owner for it. Its not my car so it depends if he is willing to share it or not.
Old 31st October 2009, 01:20   #132
Senior - BHPian

Hi

i have quoted a reply of Mr. Rajiv Ghosh which he had posted in the forum "calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh".Have uploaded the pictures also for reference.

Quote:

Hi Karl,

Here is some history on the mark 6. The car belonged to Maharaja Bhaya Cooch Behar, who happens to be maharani gayetri devi's brother. From there the car was gifted to Mr Suresh kumar ( a renowned businessman of calcutta and a motor sports enthusiast and collector as well as organiser) During this time the number of the car was WBC--8352.

Finally now the car is with Mr. Dharmaditya patnaik of bhubaneshwar. All this information about the past history was very kindly told to me by Mr. Rishi kumar, son of Mr. Suresh kumar(the previous owner to mr patnaik). I could never gather this information all on my own

cheers
rajiv
In the above quoted reply it is mentioned that the Bentley Mark VI drop head coupe which was restored by Rajiv auto center was owned by Mr. Suresh kumar who happens to be a brother of Mr.Naresh Kumar the owner of the Bentley mark VI fixed head coupe restored by us.This is probably by co incidense that both the brothers owned cars which were very similar to each other.

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-bentley1.jpg

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar-bentley2.jpg

Name:  Bentley 2.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  156.4 KB

Name:  bentley 3.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  236.8 KB

The Coach builder of the Bentley Mark VI Fixed head coupe restored by us is built by "Park Ward".

Could anyone confirm who the coach builder of the other bentley was?

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 31st October 2009 at 01:31.
Old 31st October 2009, 09:19   #133
BHPian

Indrajit, does the Mark VI have aluminum doors and boot? If so how did you go about preparing the surface before paint? Any issues getting a match between the steel and aluminum parts?
Pune_Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 12:08   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pune_Bike View Post
Indrajit, does the Mark VI have aluminum doors and boot? If so how did you go about preparing the surface before paint? Any issues getting a match between the steel and aluminum parts?

Yes This car has Aluminium doors and the boot is also aluminium.Refer to post 83 i have but up some details and pictures.If you have furthur questions please feel free to post it and i will respond to it within a day.
Old 31st October 2009, 21:11   #135
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Indrojit

Quote:
The Coach builder of the Bentley Mark VI Fixed head coupe restored by us is built by "Park Ward".

Could anyone confirm who the coach builder of the other bentley was?
So, by the process of elimination, and help from friends and company records in Benard King's book on the MK VI, we can safely say (in interests of identification and documentation only)

WBE 1 - #B277MB Engine No: B338M Park Ward Fixed Head Coupe 1st owner HH Yuvarajah of Pithapuram

and

MK VI Reg no. OR 05R 1 has to be:
#B6LJ Engine no: B3L 1952 Park Ward Drop Head Coupe 1st owner HH Prince of Berar
karlosdeville is online now   Reply With Quote