Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 17th March 2010, 23:49   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default Fiat 1963 for sale

Ajay I came across these adverts on ebay. What vintage vehicles do you have?

1954 TRIUMPH 500CC :5T
eBay India: 1954 TRIUMPH 500CC :5T (item 170449924413 end time 24-Mar-2010 20:29:25 IST)

AUSTIN OF ENGLAND 1956 SALOON

eBay India: AUSTIN OF ENGLAND 1956 SALOON (item 320489652167 end time 19-Mar-2010 21:07:24 IST)

and for the fiat lovers Fiat 1963
eBay India: Fiat 1963 for sale (item 320496174228 end time 02-Apr-2010 10:41:10 IST)

FIAT TOPOLINO 1951
eBay India: FIAT TOPOLINO 1951 (BUG FIAT) (item 320497092677 end time 04-Apr-2010 08:22:36 IST)

and a morris minor
eBay India: MORIS MINOR (item 320497111948 end time 04-Apr-2010 09:26:58 IST)

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 17th March 2010 at 23:59.
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 00:29   #167
BHPian

The FIAT 1100, I guess is T-bhp'n RJ Vora's.

Bug Fiat- I guess I recognize the garage from the modded maruti 1000 (being modded to be a Veryon lookalike) in the background. That person deals in Triumphs and normally quotes pretty steep prices for them.

Last edited by gendarmee : 18th March 2010 at 00:30.
gendarmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 12:42   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
The FIAT 1100, I guess is T-bhp'n RJ Vora's.

Bug Fiat- I guess I recognize the garage from the modded maruti 1000 (being modded to be a Veryon lookalike) in the background. That person deals in Triumphs and normally quotes pretty steep prices for them.
Road No.12, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad

He's got good cars at times, Normally his prices are steep while quoting, but fades away with time.

He was quoting 3.50 lacs for a VW Baywindow sometime ago, eventually he sold it for 1.60 lacs to a dear friend of mine.

That Austin of England was also offered sometime back at that price, but just a few days back, the price came down to 75K. Clean car, but needs restoration worth 1 Lac. That place also has a 1982 VW Camper for sale, last quoted at 3 lacs.
Attached Images

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 20:22   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Road No.12, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad

He's got good cars at times, Normally his prices are steep while quoting, but fades away with time.

He was quoting 3.50 lacs for a VW Baywindow sometime ago, eventually he sold it for 1.60 lacs to a dear friend of mine.

That Austin of England was also offered sometime back at that price, but just a few days back, the price came down to 75K. Clean car, but needs restoration worth 1 Lac. That place also has a 1982 VW Camper for sale, last quoted at 3 lacs.
Yes. That's B. Hills though
Though, I remember him for one particular bike which he didn't want to sell at any lesser than what he quoted(completely acceptable of him). He did find a buyer from another continent, and wanted to figure out a way to send it over to him
gendarmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:37   #170
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...nterested.html
this chevrolet twins are for sale,but it seems another example of unrealistic pricing.
the owner wants 5lakhs for the 2 ,the car with petrol engine has no papers!!
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 16:57   #171
BHPian

Default If any are availiable at that rate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Very well said Gogiji, you've spelt it out for us.

Since you have requested and this is a well meaning thread, here goes.

1960 Standard 10 - Free.
1960 Fiat 1100 - Free.
1973 Premier President - Free.
1962 Ambassador - Almost free.
1971 Fiat 1100 - 15,400.
1972 Fiat 1100 - 15,000.
1961 Fiat 1100 Export - 15,000.
1967 Fiat 1100 - 23,000
1955 Fiat 1100 - 15,000.
1978 Padmini - 24,000.
1956 VW Beetle - 20,000.
1964 Vespa - 4,000.
1969 Royal Enfield Fantabulus - 1,000.

As you can see these prices are nowhere indicative - cannot and should not be used as reference for buying another car.
Kindly let us know if any of the mentioned are availiable for sale at that rate? they should be in running condition and I am intrested so may be my fellow team BHP members
CarCzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 19:31   #172
Senior - BHPian

Default 1946 austin priced not to sell

here is a typical example of a classic priced not to sell
http://www.autox.in/images-apr2010/M...946-Austin.jpg

the owner wants just One million indian rupees for it.
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 20:57   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I sat with India/Mumbai renowned restorer last week ( he had the rarest of Rollers/MB's/Bugati all lined up being restored.
Out of interest, who are the premier restorers in Bombay?

I know of many RRs, a couple of vintage Merc of mention, but only one Bugatti which I know has been restored.

What's the Bugatti mention?
Faster789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 03:43   #174
BHPian

@ Thread starter, thanks for starting this thread.
@ All, thanks for the contribution.

Myself am a "newbie" who wants/dreams to have atleast 1 classic car sometime in future. This thread kind of gave some pointers and references.

While I was going through this thread, I also tried to check in google on estimating classic cars and thought of sharing it here.

How to estimate a classic cars value

This link kind of gives a generic idea on estimation for people who are new to this field.

Quote:

1. Research on Market Values from Dealers

Classic car values are almost always fluctuating, as all car values are. By researching the market value of a classic car sold by professional dealers, you can have a clear marker as to how much a vehicle in a certain condition is worth.

However, remember that this is a dealerís price, so expect that it is overpriced from 10%-20%. There are many other determinants of price that are oftentimes not covered by dealer-based values, such as your own preference and the demand for that car. Nonetheless, market values from dealers are still a good marker.

2. Check the Condition of the Car

The condition of the car is usually the biggest determinant of its value. Most classic car enthusiasts use a five-point rating system, as follows:

Excellent: A car in perfect and near-mint condition, usually drivable.
Very Good: A car with some very minor scratches or engine and mechanism faults, but is still almost perfect and drivable.
Good: A car with some very repairable damages, but still needs little effort to restore and is still drivable.
Fair: A car that needs a lot of restoration work, with signs of abuse such as dents, scratches, and rust. If a car is not drivable because of engine, brake, or other mechanical failures, but has a solid exterior look, it will fall in this category.
Parts car: A car that cannot be plausibly restored because of heavy damage. A parts car, as its name suggests, is usually bought only for its reusable parts.

A car in an excellent condition could be sold for twice or thrice its original price and collectors will still buy it. Cars in the good or fair condition are the usual ones that you will see in the market.

3. Customization is a Minus

A classic car with an A/C unit, a fuel-efficient engine, and soft seats may be convenient, but these modifications often bring down the value of a car. Customized paintjobs may look cool, but they still decrease the possible price. The reason for this is simple: original parts are harder to find, and maintaining them are more difficult too. Expect a car with almost all original parts (including the wheels) and paint color to have a really large price tag attached to it.

4. Rarity is a Plus

Classic Dodge Chargers may be valued highly, but Chargers with a Hemi engine is a gold mine. This is because Hemi engine-equipped Chargers were made in very limited numbers. If you have one in your old manís garage, you may want to reconsider that engine change.

5. Original Options are a Plus

Turbo and superchargers might increase a muscle carís values, given that they are original parts. Because the í61 Bullet T-bird is used as a pace car for Indianapolis 500, it has some original era modifications which increase its value.

Remember, when buying or selling classic cars, consider the condition, the originality, rarity, and the added options. Put this side by side with the market value from dealers, and adjust as needed.

SUMMARY:

It is somehow difficult to estimate the value of a classic car. But by looking at the condition, originality, rarity, and the added options, one could estimate classic car values almost accurately.

Last edited by drsk : 5th May 2010 at 03:46. Reason: added the quote
drsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 09:49   #175
Senior - BHPian

Faster sent you a PM = lets keep his name & details say between you and I

drsk you are most welcome and keep them contributions coming = good to see the list you put up.

Last edited by canonball : 5th May 2010 at 09:53.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 16:34   #176
Senior - BHPian

Any news on the Lanchester ?

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th May 2010 at 12:46. Reason: Removing old quoted post while revisiting this thread.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 16:39   #177
BHPian

I have no further news on the lovely car.And I do not know of a Buggati in Bombay..BUT maybe Harit can shed some light?I would imagine he would know .I was in fact recently informed that I, YES YOURS TRULY, owned a buggati with a dodge engine in bombay .This is how loose tongues spread missinformation.DO not know if true But said Buggati rumored to be in the south.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th May 2010 at 12:47. Reason: Removing the unneccessary part about the post being deleted + restored.
Bulldogji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 17:31   #178
Senior - BHPian

Yes Sir.

It is a pity about the Lanchester, would have been a fitting companion to the Banswada RR.

I am aware there is no Bugatti in Bombay from a loooong time now, it was just that CBall was speaking of one with a collector in Bombay.

The one down south is also to be confirmed as of now. The one with teh wrong engine is now in Chennai with some real dedicated collectors

And again you are right Harit knows whatever there is to know about cars all over the country !

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th May 2010 at 12:48.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 18:52   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
And I do not know of a Bugatti in Bombay..BUT maybe Harit can shed some light? I would imagine he would know.
But said Bugatti rumored to be in the south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Yes Sir. It is a pity about the Lanchester, would have been a fitting companion to the Banswada RR.
I am aware there is no Bugatti in Bombay from a loooong time now, it was just that CBall was speaking of one with a collector in Bombay.

And again you are right Harit knows whatever there is to know about cars all over the country !
Both of you stop talking cars in this thread, please talk only valuation!!

The Bombay Bugatti referred to can only be Mallyas, we all know where and who is restoring it, we share the secret between us, OK?

BTW, there are still cars to be unearthed, I never claim to know all of them, but very interestingly have now got onto cars which India once had, but sadly disappeared. Just follow the Nostalgic family pictures thread and see the Studebaker Land Cruiser. Yes, Toyota was not the first to use that name!
May the Bugatti thread grow to reveal the 4th Bugatti in India
The Lanchester too will soon have a story to tell.

Cheers harit

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th May 2010 at 12:52. Reason: Removing unnecessary comments
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 20:16   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Both of you stop talking cars in this thread, please talk only valuation!!
Fair point, but apparently, even that's off limits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
The Bombay Bugatti referred to can only be Mallyas, we all know where and who is restoring it, we share the secret between us, OK?
Last slightly off topic post and then I am done with this thread. Yes, that is the car I thought it would be. Originally Adenwalla and then in the care of Roni Khan along with some other machines. I've been sent pictures of the car recently and restoration will only improve the condition.
Faster789 is offline   Reply With Quote