Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 14th July 2010, 06:58   #316
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Came to Bangalore at a price of 4.35 lacs, One simple paint job and few fittings has catapulted the price 4 folds
Vinay has always commanded a very high premium for his cars. He has a long history of selling cars at unbelievable prices. He uses his cars regularly and should any one offer a price he finds hard to refuse, he parts with his car. He has an ability to identify good cars and his restoration is best in class. This car in particular being a Super Beetle was again best in class. Your comment above is in poor taste and disrespects history and track record of the particular seller. There is no one in Bangalore with his track record for price realization. Period.
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 09:23   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Vinay has always commanded a very high premium for his cars. He has a long history of selling cars at unbelievable prices. He uses his cars regularly and should any one offer a price he finds hard to refuse, he parts with his car. He has an ability to identify good cars and his restoration is best in class. This car in particular being a Super Beetle was again best in class. Your comment above is in poor taste and disrespects history and track record of the particular seller. There is no one in Bangalore with his track record for price realization. Period.
In other words, he's trying to rob you blind, and if he finds a gullible candidate, that's another feather in his cap.

Cheers
abybabykcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 10:18   #318
BANNED

Quote:
C'mon sir. 15 lacs for a Super Beetle picked up at 4.30 lacs.

One paint job and car detailing cannot catapult the price 4 folds. I have seen that car before paint, it was clean.

He sells good cars, no doubt. But atrocious prices

Long time back i had gone to him, he showed me a Red Convertible, i was told by him, that this car is sold and at a price of 21 lacs Only later i found out, that this car came in there only for paint job and belonged to Mr Thimmaiah. The car was NEVER SOLD OR BAUGHT.

There are many in Bangalore who are Dealers, who deal in true period cars, but the kind of respect they have in the market, you might not know.

The fact is , He's a Dealer and a HARDCORE one, no two ways about showing him in poor taste or disrespect.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 14th July 2010 at 10:23.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 12:08   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
C'mon sir. 15 lacs for a Super Beetle picked up at 4.30 lacs.

One paint job and car detailing cannot catapult the price 4 folds. I have seen that car before paint, it was clean.

He sells good cars, no doubt. But atrocious prices

Long time back i had gone to him, he showed me a Red Convertible, i was told by him, that this car is sold and at a price of 21 lacs Only later i found out, that this car came in there only for paint job and belonged to Mr Thimmaiah. The car was NEVER SOLD OR BAUGHT.

There are many in Bangalore who are Dealers, who deal in true period cars, but the kind of respect they have in the market, you might not know.

The fact is , He's a Dealer and a HARDCORE one, no two ways about showing him in poor taste or disrespect.

fully with pawan on this. these are the sort of people who make this hobby unaffordable to the genuine enthusiast. I cannot understand how knowledge people like KPS justify this type of quotes!!.
Just imagine the heartburn of the guy who gave this car for Rs.4.30 lakhs to Vinay.
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 12:08   #320
Senior - BHPian

That Vauxhall is a chop job ....they NEVER made on like that officially
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 18:33   #321
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
I spoke to the agent and he said that the first question that every person who enquired was "Is this a rodded car?". I also told him that unless you can prove other wise everyone will view it as a chopped car and chance of selling is bleak. He agrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
[/b][/i]
. I cannot understand how knowledge people like KPS justify this type of quotes!!.
I am not justifying the price. What I do not agree is naming someone and critizing him when he is not involved in any discussion nor had he boasted about his buying/selling/restoring ability in this forum. We all know that the price paid was unthinkable and very few of us would have even dared to quote it. Yes we can critize the price but not the person directly.That is my point of contention. In this forum we should only appreciate/critize the price not the buyer or seller by name.

Cheers

KPS
Old 14th July 2010, 19:06   #322
Senior - BHPian

LOl....thats rich.....he agress its could be a chop job ????

Look at the PAL windscreen on it, how anc anyone even ask if it is original is the point here

What kind of an engine does it have ???
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 19:45   #323
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

As far as I know Vauxhall came as 12/4 and 18/6 but this is supposed to be a 1500 CC, again odd. The engine is very small and surely will lack power.
Old 14th July 2010, 20:35   #324
Senior - BHPian

talking about valuations and pricing here is another person who is quoting at least 4 times the going market rate

for sale!! lambretta li-150. . - Bangalore - Motorcycles - Scooters
Old 14th July 2010, 20:37   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to the agent and he said that the first question that every person who enquired was "Is this a rodded car?". I also told him that unless you can prove other wise everyone will view it as a chopped car and chance of selling is bleak. He agrees.

I am not justifying the price. What I do not agree is naming someone and critizing him when he is not involved in any discussion nor had he boasted about his buying/selling/restoring ability in this forum. We all know that the price paid was unthinkable and very few of us would have even dared to quote it. Yes we can critize the price but not the person directly.That is my point of contention. In this forum we should only appreciate/critize the price not the buyer or seller by name.

Cheers

KPS
and point well taken
Old 14th July 2010, 20:48   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
talking about valuations and pricing here is another person who is quoting at least 4 times the going market rate

for sale!! lambretta li-150. . - Bangalore - Motorcycles - Scooters
He must not be having any idea about anything but only of the high price he has quoted.Have no comments on that as prices are between the seller and buyer but here is a point:-
The advertisement says:
"has been completely restored and brought to originality. . . excellent running condition. . . a perfect vintage piece. ."
The white dialled speedo is from the Lamby era, the taillight from the Mac175. The stepney clamp and the stepney are missing. A close-up look can sure prop up more gremlins. And thats what the owner calls original and vintage.Whoa vintage? 1971 ?

This 1971 model Li150 is quoted for Rs 35000/-
Lambretta Li 150 FOR SALE from Karnataka Bangalore Urban @ Adpost.com Classifieds > India > Lambretta Li 150 FOR SALE from Karnataka Bangalore Urban,free,indian,classified ad,classified ads,secondhand,second hand
And this is a 1968 model quoted for Rs 35000/-
Lambretta for sale - Bangalore: Motorcycles in Bangalore at Quikr Bangalore

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 14th July 2010 at 20:51.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 22:48   #327
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abybabykcc View Post
In other words, he's trying to rob you blind, and if he finds a gullible candidate, that's another feather in his cap.

Cheers
Quote:
[/b][/i]

fully with pawan on this. these are the sort of people who make this hobby unaffordable to the genuine enthusiast. I cannot understand how knowledge people like KPS justify this type of quotes!!.
Just imagine the heartburn of the guy who gave this car for Rs.4.30 lakhs to Vinay.
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers

KPS
Quote:
LOl....thats rich.....he agress its could be a chop job ????

Look at the PAL windscreen on it, how anc anyone even ask if it is original is the point here

All you guys here, i need to tell you something.

For me as a young kid, i have been fascinated by Aircooled VW's and especially Beetles Though i have a demanding day job, i reach out to people and restore their VW's or any Classic / Vintage due to my vested interests, and also to negate the HUGE prices people charge in the name of restorations.

And also, many a times help many friends to get any Vintage or Classic, i also do this AGAIN,ONLY TO NEGATE THE DEALER EFFECTS that causes price appreciation during buying. I come across as a true enthusiasts to all my friends and relatives, which many here on the Forum knows the truth. I am not a Wheeler Dealer or a Hyped Restorer.

The only reason i mentioned names on the forum was because this car was featured by Dominator sometime ago and even then the said price was making rounds, I only wanted a true enthusiast to not get fooled and buy a car for such a price. For me a Beetle is priceless, But... Its not a Rolls Royce or a rare Buggati.

Keeping all my vested interests aside, i suggest everyone to avoid names of such dealers, while still keeping the discussion about such cars and its prices.

NOTE : I got threatening calls from the above mentioned Dealer today, so request mods to remove the name. Some people can never become enthusiasts in their lifetime

I only want the community to benefit and know whats Valuation.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 14th July 2010 at 22:51.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 22:53   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
He must not be having any idea about anything but only of the high price he has quoted.Have no comments on that as prices are between the seller and buyer but here is a point:-
The advertisement says:
"has been completely restored and brought to originality. . . excellent running condition. . . a perfect vintage piece. ."
The white dialled speedo is from the Lamby era, the taillight from the Mac175. The stepney clamp and the stepney are missing. A close-up look can sure prop up more gremlins. And thats what the owner calls original and vintage.Whoa vintage? 1971 ?

This 1971 model Li150 is quoted for Rs 35000/-
Lambretta Li 150 FOR SALE from Karnataka Bangalore Urban @ Adpost.com Classifieds > India > Lambretta Li 150 FOR SALE from Karnataka Bangalore Urban,free,indian,classified ad,classified ads,secondhand,second hand
And this is a 1968 model quoted for Rs 35000/-
Lambretta for sale - Bangalore: Motorcycles in Bangalore at Quikr Bangalore

You never know ! he might get upto 30 k , infact he said that he had an offer for 25k
wbd8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 15:42   #329
Senior - BHPian

Vintage car for sale - Pune - Cars

here is another typical example of an exorbitant quote.
Old 27th July 2010, 17:04   #330
BHPian

And the guy is smart in showing a color picture in B/W as if to show the vehicle is in same good old condition!!!
glomus123 is offline   Reply With Quote