Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 2nd December 2010, 20:06   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
True Ajay. A 1960's Amby in a dilapidated condition is available with only a little effort anywhere in India for Rs 25 K or less. Restoration is the easiest as you can even get the windscreen and any other major part of the car. Only the period ornamentations of the Mark II may be a bit tough to get but a car bought for Rs 25K can be restored to showroom condition with another Rs 75 K or so.So its Rs 100 K for a pristine Amby.
Anjanji,a single owner driven MkII was recently sold for Rs.30000/- recently.
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 20:24   #347
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Vintage & Classic car valuation

a Fintail for sale .see the asking price!!!!!.this type of demands is detrimental to newbie classic enthusiasts

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...des-W110.html/
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:27   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
a Fintail for sale .see the asking price!!!!!.this type of demands is detrimental to newbie classic enthusiasts

Hi Ajay, now that the valuation thread is alive again, How would you valuate this car? What would be your offer? Two things came to my mind the 190D's never had turning signals below the headlights always on the fender like older pontons, Also a stick shift???
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 17:28   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Hi Ajay, now that the valuation thread is alive again, How would you valuate this car? What would be your offer? Two things came to my mind the 190D's never had turning signals below the headlights always on the fender like older pontons, Also a stick shift???
Let me say at the outset, my knowledge of the MERCEDES marque is very very limited .But based on the prices at which similar cars have changed hands, I would say a price of 3 lakhs is what one can pay for a very nice fintail with original engine and good originality.This car looks done up and does not have the original engine. I am not even attempting to put a price on such a car
Old 24th December 2010, 10:28   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me say at the outset, my knowledge of the MERCEDES marque is very very limited .But based on the prices at which similar cars have changed hands, I would say a price of 3 lakhs is what one can pay for a very nice fintail with original engine and good originality.This car looks done up and does not have the original engine. I am not even attempting to put a price on such a car
Ajay I think the issue really is that fintails which are still unmolested are a rarity, even rarer than Pontons today I would say. I agree with you that 3 lakhs for a original running example without much body work would be a fair price.
Old 24th December 2010, 11:02   #351
BHPian

Quote:

I don't quite like the paint combo and he's ruined the dash with that terrible padding above the meters. Also got 220S tail lamps and trims and also the trim along the top of the rear fender.

Regards
Prithvi
mbz180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2010, 11:03   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
O yea, I missed out the ugly stick shift. Also the indicators must be from a 200.
mbz180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2010, 23:56   #353
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
I don't quite like the paint combo and he's ruined the dash with that terrible padding above the meters. Also got 220S tail lamps and trims and also the trim along the top of the rear fender.

Regards
Prithvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
O yea, I missed out the ugly stick shift. Also the indicators must be from a 200.
So finally... what should a good offer to the seller be? 2 lacs? or less? Can these messed up interiors and stick shift be restored to original? if yes for how much?

so one could offer the seller 3 lacs minus the cost of restoring it back to originality.
kevinephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 12:06   #354
BHPian

Max Girardo, managing director with RM Europe, talks with Bloomberg's Pimm Fox and David Wilson about collectible cars as an investment. They spoke on Bloomberg Radio's "Taking Stock."

Taking Stock Podcast - Bloomberg
RollingArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2011, 13:53   #355
Senior - BHPian

1952,MORRIS MINOR(TIGER) FOR SALE - Mumbai - Cars
This is another example of Unrealistic pricing. The car has lot of work to be done,even the engine is not original. and the asking price is near that of a concourse specimen
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:32   #356
Senior - BHPian

Morris Minor 800 1952 FOR SALE - Imported, Niche & Vintage Cars,chandigarh,India Classifieds 8204748
a better example of morris minor. but there is some discrepancy regarding the model year, because the ad says the model as 1952 ,but the 1952 minor had the cheese grater grill .this has the 5 slate grill and also the central combo meter which is a feature of 1954 models
Old 15th February 2011, 10:15   #357
Senior - BHPian

here is another instance of absurd pricing.the owner claims it as 1940 model while the MM lowlite came into existence only in 1948.
MORRIS 1940 - Cuddalore - Cars

In my view this car is a good project car if it comes at a reasonable price
Old 15th February 2011, 11:27   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
here is another instance of absurd pricing.the owner claims it as 1940 model while the MM lowlite came into existence only in 1948.
MORRIS 1940 - Cuddalore - Cars

In my view this car is a good project car if it comes at a reasonable price
I am really curious to know finally what prices these cars land up selling for ultimately, last year a beetle came for sale from Udupi they were asking for a price of 8 lakhs. The cost of a flat in Udupi was about 12 lakhs then
Old 15th February 2011, 11:52   #359
BHPian

Most pricing has become unrealistic, mostly coz the owner THINKS he has something that commands such a value. And why does this happen?
1. Unscrupulous dealers who lead him to believe that their piece of junk will sell for a high price.
2. Someone in his circle sold their car to an idiot who was willing to buy it at that inflated price, and now this owner believes he can get the same from another idiot.
3. Hype for common cars, which were mass produced and sold but production has stopped now and therefore parts are difficult / expensive to procure.
4. Someone has "restored" his car by acquiring parts (genuine or not) at high prices and now wants to sell the car and get back all that money that he has spent. Only problem he spent more than that car is - or ever will be - worth.

There are so many more reasons, these were just the few that came to my mind.
kevinephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 12:09   #360
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
There are so many more reasons, these were just the few that came to my mind.
Obviously you haven't read the whole of this thread.

Welcome to the community.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote