Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2009, 10:00   #106
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,320
Thanked: 5,960 Times
Default

Here is a Morris Minor of some family friends, registered MSZ 5241 (pictured here driving from Madras to Bombay). I was told that the car was retained for a long time, though current whereabouts are unknown.

Name:  morris02.jpg
Views: 1288
Size:  39.0 KB Name:  morris03.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  45.3 KB

Does it look familiar to anybody here?
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 12:14   #107
DKG
Senior - BHPian
 
DKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,700
Thanked: 876 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.SINGH View Post
Great Thread.I was wondering if anyone has seen or know about a 1959 Plymouth Convertible DLI 888.It belonged to my father and he sold it in mid 80s in Jamshedpur.It was in two tone,Red and Black and then the person who bought it painted it white.Last heard of it was sold to someone in Gujarat.Would love to get it back into the family again. HELP. Regards SINGH.
The car you are referring to is a 1954 Plymouth Belvedere convertible and its now with my uncle here in Hyderabad. There's a picture of it somewhere here but can't locate it for you

Do please share more details with pictures of the history of this car. Did your Dad buy it new?
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 10:35   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,927
Thanked: 331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
The car you are referring to is a 1954 Plymouth Belvedere convertible and its now with my uncle here in Hyderabad. There's a picture of it somewhere here but can't locate it for you

Do please share more details with pictures of the history of this car. Did your Dad buy it new?

HI DKG.

could you please post pictures of this Belvedere Convertible if possible.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 14:00   #109
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 3,047 Times
Default

Just to Update on the Buick CAT 2737. This is a 25th anniversary Model Buick which was owned and restored by one of the senior most members of the KVCCC. The said member's father had the same car and I understand that the car was found in Tamilnadu. The car was restored over a few years with a lot of passion. The car was re-registered in 80's and was featured in the movie, "The Passage to India". Subsequently sold to Hyderabad.
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 12:16   #110
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,320
Thanked: 5,960 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.SINGH View Post
I was wondering if anyone has seen or know about a 1959 Plymouth Convertible DLI 888.It belonged to my father and he sold it in mid 80s in Jamshedpur.It was in two tone,Red and Black and then the person who bought it painted it white.Last heard of it was sold to someone in Gujarat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
The car you are referring to is a 1954 Plymouth Belvedere convertible and its now with my uncle here in Hyderabad. There's a picture of it somewhere here but can't locate it for you

Do please share more details with pictures of the history of this car. Did your Dad buy it new?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Could you please post pictures of this Belvedere Convertible if possible.
Here is a 54 Plymouth cabrio on display at a Hyderabad event in Feb 2008 - regn is Delhi 888, but DHB not DLI. Is it the same car?

Where is it now? - Lost & Found Classics-plymouth22.jpg
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 22:59   #111
BHPian
 
LambyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 90
Thanked: Once
Default

One of my colleuges sent me these pictures, not sure if this is supposed to be here.
Attached Images
    
LambyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 19:35   #112
BHPian
 
imperial.s.a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 260
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

the pics were from an display in mumbai event organisied by carwale .com
imperial.s.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 21:56   #113
DKG
Senior - BHPian
 
DKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,700
Thanked: 876 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Is it the same car?
My uncle did mention a Singh in the RC book

BTW Karlos which thread did you find this picture in? I was looking for it but couldn't figure out where it was posted. We need the index now !!

Last edited by DKG : 10th January 2010 at 21:57.
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 23:08   #114
BHPian
 
vintagepoint5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jeddah/Hyd
Posts: 409
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

I think this is the same Plymouth red & white car, belongs to DKG's uncle in Toli chowki, Hyd now and it was having engine starting problem in Nov.09 and problem was fixed.

DKG, waiting for some interesting APX 110 story, Chevy update for long time.

Cheers!
vintagepoint5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 23:22   #115
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,194
Thanked: 1,308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
BTW Karlos which thread did you find this picture in? I was looking for it but couldn't figure out where it was posted. We need the index now !!
It was taken by me at the HAIG rally but I had not posted the pics. on the forum. I did post this particular pic. in some thread in context of some reference though, cannot recall which thread! Karl could I guess, as he found it!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 10:18   #116
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,927
Thanked: 331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
I think this is the same Plymouth red & white car, belongs to DKG's uncle in Toli chowki, Hyd now and it was having engine starting problem in Nov.09 and problem was fixed.

DKG, waiting for some interesting APX 110 story, Chevy update for long time.

Cheers!
Hi DKG.

Please do tell more on this Dodge and APX 110. What was the original colour of APX 110 and who were the dealers in hyderabad who sold Packards in those days.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 11:22   #117
DKG
Senior - BHPian
 
DKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,700
Thanked: 876 Times
Default

The Plymouth Belvedere was bought recently by my uncle from Zaheer Vakil. Don't know the history before this.

I will get down to scanning pictures of APX 110 from albums and posting it all here someday soon The car was ivory with green leather Wasif. Dadajee Dhackjee in Bombay were the dealers for Packards in India. Will find out if they had a sub dealer here
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 00:33   #118
BHPian
 
vintageman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 401
Thanked: 500 Times
Default

Hello ,

The registration of the 1954 Plymouth Savoy I have is BML 1681 - first owner - The Director Greaves Cotton , then Percy Homi Aga of Tardeo and onto Mr. Mohammed Yunus of Butcher Str before arriving in Lucknow .

Anybody on the forum - know anything abouth the previous owners ?

Regards
Chauhan
vintageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 12:39   #119
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,320
Thanked: 5,960 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
The registration of the 1954 Plymouth Savoy I have is BML 1681 - first owner - The Director Greaves Cotton , then Percy Homi Aga of Tardeo and onto Mr. Mohammed Yunus of Butcher Str before arriving in Lucknow .

Anybody on the forum - know anything abouth the previous owners?
Cannot help you much, but would like to point out (in case you are not aware) that Butcher street (!) is an important street alongwith Mutton lane (!!) in Mumbai's infamous Chor Bazaar.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 15:20   #120
BHPian
 
abdriver2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 329
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
Hello ,

The registration of the 1954 Plymouth Savoy I have is BML 1681 - first owner - The Director Greaves Cotton , then Percy Homi Aga of Tardeo and onto Mr. Mohammed Yunus of Butcher Str before arriving in Lucknow .

Anybody on the forum - know anything abouth the previous owners ?

Regards
Chauhan
Mr. Aga used to park this car in a Parsi colony 2kms away from his residence. It was not really looked after and served as a placeholder for his school buses, while they were away on duty. I think this car served more time for the mechanics than for the owners.

Sorry if I disappointed you!

BTW, do you have any latest pics of this car?

Last edited by abdriver2000 : 10th February 2010 at 15:25.
abdriver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Our Lost & Found Classic - 1954 Dodge Convertible KPS Post-War 164 30th November 2016 17:20
Amazing True Story of Things Lost & Found DueLLeR Street Experiences 37 25th July 2012 14:55
Vintage & Classics at the Auto Expo 2010 S.B.Jatti Vintage Cars & Classics in India 32 7th March 2010 03:16
YetiBlog® - Tales of lost and found and surrendered on airlines Sam Kapasi Shifting gears 54 11th June 2008 16:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:18.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks