Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 1st October 2009, 12:08   #16
BHPian

That land Rover looks great. I know few people in England travelled to India by road in the 60s, they were hard core hippies. I am sure there will be a lot of people in India would like to do this road trip to Europe if the political things is alright. That seems unlikely to happen coming 50 years.
gonewithwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 13:20   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
To continue on cross country driving, here is a Vauxhall that drove to Bombay from London in 69. Thanks moralfibre.

The T-Line Story
Sometime after 1980 a yellow Vauxhall 1924 came by road from UK and went on to probably Australia. It also took part in a Vintage car Rally in Mumbai. Will hunt for pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewithwind View Post
That land Rover looks great. I know few people in England travelled to India by road in the 60s, they were hard core hippies. I am sure there will be a lot of people in India would like to do this road trip to Europe if the political things is alright. That seems unlikely to happen coming 50 years.
In fact people drove mainly to Goa upto mid 1970's, in thousands bringing all sorts of vehicles including beetles and 2CV's. But most popular was the VW Van.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 14:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post

In fact people drove mainly to Goa upto mid 1970's, in thousands bringing all sorts of vehicles including beetles and 2CV's. But most popular was the VW Van.

Cheers harit
People are still doing it. When I made a trip to Goa last year, I saw a defender 90 with UK plates and a Unimog with German plates, both clearly overland expeditions.
ajitkommini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2015, 22:22   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Lagonda vintage car and Landrover truck spotted (Siliguri)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Hi folks,

Spotted the beauty and the beast in a local hotel in Siliguri this morning. I will let the pictures do the talking. Cellphone pics - please pardon quality.

Reviving an old thread.......

courtesy: The Lagonda Club

Name:  Lagonda Overland to India 1965 TBHP.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  168.2 KB
travancore is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote