Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 7th April 2010, 23:16   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Motor Insurance for Vintage Automobiles

We all insure our old dames with an insurer regularly.I prefer third party insurance for my old classic car as I use it less frequently and its seven years since I have owned this car and Touchwood! Nothing untoward has happened.
Let us discuss as to whether one should go for comprehensive or third party insurance for old vintage and classic automobiles.
If there is logic in comprehensive insurance I and many friends can have an insight into the debate and even change over in future.
Also let us discuss our insurance claim experiences here if any fellow member has done so for his old automobile.We can get an idea about the various semi government and private players in business and know more.
Mine is a simple third party insurance with M/s New India Assurance Ltd.
Mods,Just found that there is an existing thread on this topic by cannonball. If deemed fit this can be merged with the older thread.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 7th April 2010 at 23:21.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 13:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Harit,

One of my motorcycle insuarance expires next month. New India Assuarance co's. new rule is xerox of RC book with passing and xerox of driving licence. I asked them what if I can't drive so they replied that my chauffer's Driving Licence will do. Now comes the difficult part, Vehicle passing expired last year and I still haven't bothered to do it. Since the last two months, strict rule is bring vehicle, no passing without vehicle like in old days. The bike hasn't been ridden for a few years so whats to be don, forget the Insuarance and wait for another day in the future when the bike is restored? Or search arround and get another insuarance company to cover it and get the passing done when the coast is clear, rather when the rule is relaxed a bit?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 20th October 2010 at 13:10.
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 13:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Default Maharashtra Govt. green tax on old vehicles

So how much do Owners of Vintage vehicles have to pay?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...harashtra.html (Green TAX in Maharashtra)
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...ow/6825211.cms

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 28th October 2010 at 13:58.
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 14:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have a valid TPA for my 42GPW and 91 Trooper.

Never had any problems in getting one.I always get my vehicles insured from New India Assurance.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 14:48   #20
BHPian

New India Assurance is the only provider for insurance for old cars/bikes. It really doesnt matter what the vehicle costs in terms of vintage value to them. In the end, we are satisfied that we have a valid insurance and can legally drive/ride our vehicles around.
star_is_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 16:59   #21
Team-BHP Support

This article appeared in today's edition of 'Financial Chronicle'

Insurance for Vintage & Classic cars-insurance.jpg
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2010, 15:21   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Karl : Here's a link to the Tata-AIG thread (Tata AIG now offers insurance coverage to Vintage & Supercars).
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote