Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 26th March 2010, 14:03   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
From what I have heard, two cars were damaged as a whole lot of people STOOD in the cars. One suffered torn seats, the other had damage to the running board. Load was just too heavy.

Cheers harit
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Ridiculous. How could they leave the cars without security and what were the owners doing, perhaps too busy spotting stars. IMHO the organizers, should make arrangements for the proper security of the cars.

@ Rony/President- Just love your signature.
AFAIK, there was adequate security during the event. We actually left all the cars unlocked at the Worli Sea face to jump into a bus which ferried us to the Sea Link Mandap. I have never witnessed such a care free attitude of the Vintage owners in my life, but this was done as everyone was confident that their cars were parked in safe and secure hands. Later we came back by the same bus and picked up the cars for the display and drive on the Sea-Link.
The fiasco only occured at the end of the event, when the celebrities and their associate security staff got on excessively to the two Vintage convertibles from the Mandap to proceed for the ribbon cutting ceremony on the new Sea Link Carriageway.
At this stage, I assume, the damage must have occured to the two Vintages proceeding to the ribbon cutting location.

@Gogi: Thanks Bro.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 14:06   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

The AB tamasha remind me of the Queen in Alice in wonderland at the mad haters tea party who had the propensity to periodically shout - Off With His Head.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 15:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

All the cars look lovely and some exceptionally lovely and some stealing my heart. But I hardly recognize any cars excepting few makes and not the models!!!

I request, if some one could please name them it would be great for the newbies like me can learn a thing or two (at least the names) about these beauties!!! And from next time onwards I request at least mention the model of the car while uploading the picture itself!!! I know its a bit tough thing but it will help us learn a lot on these cars.

Thank you.
kkr2k2.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 00:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Default Usp 537-?

Does this immaculately restored Stude bear the number USP 537? Can someone confirm this?

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-stude.jpg
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 00:25   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does this immaculately restored Stude bear the number USP 537? Can someone confirm this?

Attachment 316450
USP 537 was driven by Shammi Kapoor in Kashmir ki Kali, right?

Im guessing this Bombay car is BYJ registered, as a partially finished identical car was recently sold in Bombay.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 10:42   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
USP 537 was driven by Shammi Kapoor in Kashmir ki Kali, right?

Im guessing this Bombay car is BYJ registered, as a partially finished identical car was recently sold in Bombay.
This is BYJ, came from Nagpur to Mumbai, belonged to a pilot, and sold to another collector.
This car was recently referred to by Cannonball.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 11:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Yes this is the same car the pilot spent the greater part of all his trips back home to Nagpur to convince the owners to sell her to him. She was some dark blue/green/gray color and was intact. I have been given to believe she is one of few such Stude in India although I am no Stude expert. What I found sad is the pilot never used her since getting her some 6/7 years ago she was always in pieces/transition repair when she was intact enough for a quick paint job and put to use. Now before people start jumping at me this was his only vintage and I know him/the situation well enough to comment that he could have built her and used her/driven her/enjoyed her. As at the first sight of some appreciation (mind numbing this case) he sold her! In my book a speculative act and not one of passion/shuffling and any other word used by collectors
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 12:55   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Default studebaker

No, The number is not of this car

Quote:

Attachment 316450
kasli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 14:48   #24
BHPian

some more pictures.

Dad and I drove the Dodge on the sea link owned by Nitin Dossa. Pictures of the Rolls Royce, its interiors and the Chevy Impala.

participating in the rally on the 11th of this month
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-dsc00604.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-dsc00605.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-dsc00606.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-dsc00607.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-dsc00608.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-dsc00609.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-dsc00610.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-dsc00611.jpg  

jasher26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 22:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
USP 537 was driven by Shammi Kapoor in Kashmir ki Kali, right? Im guessing this Bombay car is BYJ registered, as a partially finished identical car was recently sold in Bombay.
Awsome memory, karlos! 5 Almonds a day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Wednesday, 24th March 2010, 0130pm - RG Bandra-Worli Sea-Link, Mumbai.

The Opening Ceremony of the North bound Carriageway of the RG Sea-link in Mumbai was inaugurated by the Honourable CM, Shri Ashok Chavan alongwith many celebrities including Mr. Amitabh Bachan and others.

A Vintage Car Cavalcade was organised by WIAA/VCCCI Mumbai for supporting the event.

It was an afternoon well enjoyed by the participants, and I am sharing some wonderful pictures of the Vintage beauties on location.
Really enjoyed your pictures, Mr. President!
windiesel is offline   Reply With Quote