Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 24th March 2010, 23:40   #1
BHPian

Default Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link

Wednesday, 24th March 2010, 0130pm - RG Bandra-Worli Sea-Link, Mumbai.

The Opening Ceremony of the North bound Carriageway of the RG Sea-link in Mumbai was inaugurated by the Honourable CM, Shri Ashok Chavan alongwith many celebrities including Mr. Amitabh Bachan and others.

A Vintage Car Cavalcade was organised by WIAA/VCCCI Mumbai for supporting the event.

It was an afternoon well enjoyed by the participants, and I am sharing some wonderful pictures of the Vintage beauties on location.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3564.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3569.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3570.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3571.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3573.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3574.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3576.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3577.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3579.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3599.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3600.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3603.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3605.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3606.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3609.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3610.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3612.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3613.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3615.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3621.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3624.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3628.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3629.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3630.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3631.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3633.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3634.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3637.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3638.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3641.jpg  

President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 00:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow, whatta sight ! Wish I'd known about this... fellow Tbhpian Gautomobile called me mentioning that this was on, and he dropped all plans and rushed to the sealink for a dekko. I was too far away to get there on time.
Looking good !
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 00:05   #3
BHPian

And the remaining pictures follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3648.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3650.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3653.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3658.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3661.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3665.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3688.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3706.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3730.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3748.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3792.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3797.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3799.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3820.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3826.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3846.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3850.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3867.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3894.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3834.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3844.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3866.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3861.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3623.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3655.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3821.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3808.jpg  

Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-image3776.jpg  

Old 25th March 2010, 00:10   #4
BANNED

The Organizers had called me a few months ago for this. I guess they followed my advice and asked Nitin uncle. Floored by the SL500. Completely Floored!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 00:13   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome! Bombay sure has some well-preserved beauties, despite the coastal weather!

BTW, I thought the rally to be currently organised by the WIAA/VCCCI has been postponed forever, having read in the other thread? So, surprising they were able to come up with this one so soon!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 00:15   #6
BANNED

Well, This was less of a rally and more of a helpful promotion. A really is always complicated as there are sponsorship issues that come into play
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 00:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Awesome! Bombay sure has some well-preserved beauties, despite the coastal weather!

BTW, I thought the rally to be currently organised by the WIAA/VCCCI has been postponed forever, having read in the other thread? So, surprising they were able to come up with this one so soon!
AFAIK, the pending VCCCI 2010 Annual Rally is still postponed indefinately. However, there are rumours for it to happen on 4th or 11th April as of now.
Dates not confirmed though.

However, todays event felt like a pre-warming exercise for the upcoming one, which was thoroughly enjoyed by us.
Old 25th March 2010, 00:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the lovely pics Ronny. Was held up at work and could not make it. Is a surprise (pleasant) to see so many beauties i still thought to be under restoration, now complete.
I never knew Bombay had so many MG TCs. Where didi they all spring up from? Lots of lovely new additions and some great Bombay Stalwarts, some refurbished. Wow!! Ronny where were your gems?
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 00:56   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Thanks for the lovely pics Rony. Was held up at work and could not make it. Is a surprise (pleasant) to see so many beauties i still thought to be under restoration, now complete.
I never knew Bombay had so many MG TCs. Where didi they all spring up from? Lots of lovely new additions and some great Bombay Stalwarts, some refurbished. Wow!! Rony where were your gems?
Yes Gogi, today there were a lot of new entries, indeed. And, one would think that it was the actual VCCCI Annual Vintage fiesta, looking at the mind blowing turnout and participation.

Incidentally, I wasn't scheduled to take part initially, but just before the event, a dear friend offered me to drive his 1948 Morris, which was too good an offer to resist. And, I must say that I was very lucky and happy to make it over there, at short notice.
It was also really nice to meet some fellow Team-Bhpians as well.

My beauties presently are being mildly worked upon for preservative maintenance and therefore unable to participate today.

Last edited by President : 25th March 2010 at 01:00.
Old 25th March 2010, 10:20   #10
BHPian

Why no one wrote about this event before ?

This is really bad of the community not to inform other enthusiasts about such events. :(

Which Classic Car does Amitabh own ?
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 12:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
AFAIK, the pending VCCCI 2010 Annual Rally is still postponed indefinately. However, there are rumours for it to happen on 4th or 11th April as of now.
Dates not confirmed though.

However, todays event felt like a pre-warming exercise for the upcoming one, which was thoroughly enjoyed by us.
Great Pics and really nice cars.

Any info on the red Packard Tourer and teh other Red Coupe, who owns them.

I am also curious about the RR with the AP 10 regestration. What is the background on this car ?
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 12:26   #12
Team-BHP Support

Looks like a fun affair - I wish it was informed to aam junta, we would have loved to swing by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Any info on the red Packard Tourer and teh other Red Coupe, who owns them.

I am also curious about the RR with the AP 10 regestration. What is the background on this car ?
The red tourer was present at Cartier, a regular at Bombay events. The red clipper coupe is another regular, belongs to Nitin Dossa.

The AP 10 Rolls has been discussed on the Rolls thread, I think it is Thrupp and Maberly coachwork.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 12:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Why no one wrote about this event before ?

This is really bad of the community not to inform other enthusiasts about such events. :(

Which Classic Car does Amitabh own ?
Dont blame you, I had not heard about this event till I received a email from WIIIA on Saturday, asking to confirm entry by Monday. When we called to know if we could participate with the the Rover? We were made to believe that preference would be given to convertibles and the likes, and we would be informed by evening if we could participate (by phonecall) that never happened.

Look at the positive atleast 50 cars came out on the roads this year for some rally.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 13:06   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a write-up about the drive which appeared in the Times of India. today there are pictures in The Afternoon as well.
Politics were the greater issue.

From what I have heard, two cars were damaged as a whole lot of people STOOD in the cars. One suffered torn seats, the other had damage to the running board. Load was just too heavy.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Car Cavalcade at the opening ceremony of North bound Carriageway on Sea-link-magazine-11.jpg  

Last edited by harit : 26th March 2010 at 13:12.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 13:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

Ridiculous. How could they leave the cars without security and what were the owners doing, perhaps too busy spotting stars. IMHO the organizers, should make arrangements for the proper security of the cars.

@ Ronny/President- Just love your signature
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote