Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 22:31   #61
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,846
Thanked: 3,213 Times
Default Re: Vintage and Classic Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartikeyaL View Post
The car featured in your post is Rover P4 95/110 , probably from 1964.
cheers
Kartik
The article says Rover P3 1954 and confirms Ajmat's post that this was owned by Dr. Thomas who lived in Frazer Town.
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 09:37   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
the mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 685 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartikeyaL

The car featured in your post is Rover P4 95/110 , probably from 1964.

cheers

Kartik
Indeed so! it is a series end p4 just before they were replaced by the p6, now why would the reporter misquote in the article?
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 10:03   #63
BHPian
 
KartikeyaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 757
Thanked: 2,218 Times
Default Re: Vintage and Classic Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
The article says Rover P3 1954 and confirms Ajmat's post that this was owned by Dr. Thomas who lived in Frazer Town.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Indeed so! it is a series end p4 just before they were replaced by the p6, now why would the reporter misquote in the article?
So many times the articles published all over including National newspapers have so much wrong information. Facts are not confirmed
and just published.

A Rover P3 has to be from 1948 to 1949, after 1949 it was P4.
here is a link to a fantastic site about cars.

Has the entire rover range with pictures and details. very informative.

Simon Cars - Rover Cars#

regards
Kartik
KartikeyaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 20:42   #64
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,846
Thanked: 3,213 Times
Default Re: Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India

I particularly like this 1947 Rover owned by a Bhpian. Very nice looking car

Name:  1947 Rover.JPG
Views: 2303
Size:  94.2 KB

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 21:12   #65
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOMBAY
Posts: 1,765
Thanked: 1,806 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS
I particularly like this 1947 Rover owned by a Bhpian. Very nice looking car

Cheers

KPS
Is this at Durai cars coimbatore

Cheers
kasli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 21:14   #66
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 27
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Vintage and Classic Rovers

Hi, Thanks for your comments and you will be glad to know that the car is very much in Calcutta, as it has been since 1948! In fact, I take it out frequently (relatively speaking!) ~ once in a week or so. It is just too much work to have the car maintained at rally-winning condition (it won the Statesman Cup in the year in which it participated) for which I don't take it to the Statesman Rally. Cheers, Sarojesh Mukerjee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
This car was really lovely. I remember the sliding metal sunroof was also functional and with the spare tire cover at the back and the light tan interiors the car stood out. In fact, my father actually made and offer to Mr.Mukherjee to buy the car though he declined. This was about 10 years or more ago.

Thereafter, the car was never seen in the Kolkata Rally, so I presume that it left the city.

mbz180
sarojesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 12:27   #67
BHPian
 
KartikeyaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 757
Thanked: 2,218 Times
Default Re: Vintage and Classic Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarojesh View Post
Hi, Thanks for your comments and you will be glad to know that the car is very much in Calcutta, as it has been since 1948! In fact, I take it out frequently (relatively speaking!) ~ once in a week or so. It is just too much work to have the car maintained at rally-winning condition (it won the Statesman Cup in the year in which it participated) for which I don't take it to the Statesman Rally. Cheers, Sarojesh Mukerjee
I have been a fan of your car and would one day like to see it up close,
please if you could upload some pictures of the engine bay and the interiors.

regards
Kartik
KartikeyaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 12:47   #68
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 27
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Vintage and Classic Rovers

Thanks, and you can see it anytime when you are in Calcutta. I don't have pictures handy, but you could see some towards the bottom of the page at this link: Rover Club of Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartikeyaL View Post
I have been a fan of your car and would one day like to see it up close,
please if you could upload some pictures of the engine bay and the interiors.

regards
Kartik
sarojesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 14:14   #69
BHPian
 
KartikeyaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 757
Thanked: 2,218 Times
Default Re: Vintage and Classic Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarojesh View Post
Thanks, and you can see it anytime when you are in Calcutta. I don't have pictures handy, but you could see some towards the bottom of the page at this link: Rover Club of Sweden

Thank you, whenever I plan to come to Calcutta I will get in touch with you.

one Mr. Matthew who lives in UK has the same car as yours and had earlier guided me to the Rover club of sweden website,

here is what he told me :

" I 've a 1948 example that was exported to Calcutta when new to a garage by the name of Dewars (a small plaque remains on the dash panel). I have read of another P3 in Calcutta which belongs to a Mr. Mukerjee but have not been able to establish contact with him. Please see the following link: http://www.roverklubben.se/en/p3.html , Matthew "

Please let me know your email Id, so I can pass it to Mr. Matthew too,
thanks

Kartik

Last edited by KartikeyaL : 18th July 2012 at 14:15.
KartikeyaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 15:15   #70
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 27
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Vintage and Classic Rovers

It is sarojesh@gmail.com - thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KartikeyaL View Post
Thank you, whenever I plan to come to Calcutta I will get in touch with you.

one Mr. Matthew who lives in UK has the same car as yours and had earlier guided me to the Rover club of sweden website,

here is what he told me :

" I 've a 1948 example that was exported to Calcutta when new to a garage by the name of Dewars (a small plaque remains on the dash panel). I have read of another P3 in Calcutta which belongs to a Mr. Mukerjee but have not been able to establish contact with him. Please see the following link: Rover Club of Sweden , Matthew "

Please let me know your email Id, so I can pass it to Mr. Matthew too,
thanks

Kartik
sarojesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 16:16   #71
BHPian
 
mbz180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 800
Thanked: 449 Times
Default Re: Vintage and Classic Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarojesh View Post
Hi, Thanks for your comments and you will be glad to know that the car is very much in Calcutta, as it has been since 1948! In fact, I take it out frequently (relatively speaking!) ~ once in a week or so. It is just too much work to have the car maintained at rally-winning condition (it won the Statesman Cup in the year in which it participated) for which I don't take it to the Statesman Rally. Cheers, Sarojesh Mukerjee
Hello Sir,

Quite a coincidence that you happen to be on this forum as well! Am very happy to know that the car is still with you and very much in Calcutta. I though it had disappeared.

I can fully understand the problems of maintaining a classic in show condition in Calcutta if one uses it, as you do. Those that are are usually kept in careful storage until it's time for the rally. Personally, I believe that a vintage or classic car should be used every now and then and sometimes in regular traffic as well. That way, you'll really get to know if there are faults and can have them repaired.

I'd love to see your car again sometime if that is possible.

Regards
Prithvi
mbz180 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 16:49   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
the mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 685 Times
Default Re: Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
I particularly like this 1947 Rover owned by a Bhpian. Very nice looking car

Attachment 953393

Cheers

KPS
Is this the Rover which was making appearance in some Movies from the South in the early 80's.

How many such cars survive?
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 17:31   #73
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 27
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Vintage and Classic Rovers

Yes, certainly but maybe after the rains (as I dont want to get the car wet)? You can just drop a mail to me at sarojesh@gmail.com and we can fix a date and time when you can come over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
Hello Sir,

Quite a coincidence that you happen to be on this forum as well! Am very happy to know that the car is still with you and very much in Calcutta. I though it had disappeared.

I can fully understand the problems of maintaining a classic in show condition in Calcutta if one uses it, as you do. Those that are are usually kept in careful storage until it's time for the rally. Personally, I believe that a vintage or classic car should be used every now and then and sometimes in regular traffic as well. That way, you'll really get to know if there are faults and can have them repaired.

I'd love to see your car again sometime if that is possible.

Regards
Prithvi
sarojesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 21:00   #74
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,846
Thanked: 3,213 Times
Default Re: Vintage and Classic Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Is this the Rover which was making appearance in some Movies from the South in the early 80's.
The one in the movies seems to be a different car as seen in the post from Stanher. The movie car is MSP registered

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post2833182 (Old Bollywood & Indian Films : The Best Archives for Old Cars)
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 11:10   #75
BHPian
 
KartikeyaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 757
Thanked: 2,218 Times
Default Re: Vintage and Classic Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
2 cars advertised in OLX priced not to SELL!!
http://pune.olx.in/rover-10-antique-...-iid-540219833
A previously unseen Rover!!
Attached Images
 

Last edited by KartikeyaL : 28th August 2013 at 11:18.
KartikeyaL is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Off-Roading with Land Rovers & Range Rovers at Eastnor Castle, UK khan_sultan 4x4 Excursions 46 4th April 2015 22:32
Range rovers and Jaguars used by UK government rihan01234 The International Automotive Scene 12 7th June 2011 18:33
A tribute to a Vintage Man : similar to a vintage car or vintage wine StarVegabond Shifting gears 3 12th October 2009 14:49
BBC News article on Land Rovers aah78 Super-Cars & Imports in India 12 15th August 2006 21:49
bmws rovers rolls all come here DX-RULZ Super-Cars & Imports in India 1 2nd May 2006 23:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks