Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2011, 19:50   #286
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,610
Thanked: 198 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

Been silently watching this thread and would like to congratulate Pavan ji for the superb work on the car.
Really liked the way engine bay has shaped up. Keep that brilliant stuff on, i am learning a lot from this thread.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 19:43   #287
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Been silently watching this thread and would like to congratulate Pavan ji for the superb work on the car.
Really liked the way engine bay has shaped up. Keep that brilliant stuff on, i am learning a lot from this thread.
Thank you very much Sagar.

I am trying to be as meticulous as possible with the process now.

Coz, this is the time, its done for ONE FINAL TIME. I am not ready to take any lapses.

Checking for correction, INCH by INCH.

Still the painter is working on the front end, 3 more days and i might finish it. Its taking longer than what i had anticipated.
Attached Thumbnails
Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2796.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2797.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 20:54   #288
BHPian
 
Karthik1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 575
Thanked: 364 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Thank you very much Sagar.

I am trying to be as meticulous as possible with the process now.

Coz, this is the time, its done for ONE FINAL TIME. I am not ready to take any lapses.

Checking for correction, INCH by INCH.

Still the painter is working on the front end, 3 more days and i might finish it. Its taking longer than what i had anticipated.

Nice going PK

And, what is this that i am hearing from Aanji about the Topolino Head.

Why is that you are keeping quite? Will wait for you to break the happy news.

One more thing. Where is Mr. Joy....???????

Have'nt heard from him in a looooooooong time..........!
Karthik1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 16:52   #289
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Nice going PK

And, what is this that i am hearing from Aanji about the Topolino Head.

Why is that you are keeping quite? Will wait for you to break the happy news.

One more thing. Where is Mr. Joy....???????

Have'nt heard from him in a looooooooong time..........!
Engine..........

Joy...... I myself have not seen him after Christmas

Work is happening at a slow pace, but lot of attention is given into the detailed finishing.
Attached Thumbnails
Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2827.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2828.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 21:36   #290
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

Finally the Bonnet is ready.

Actually not upto my expected levels, Making him re-do it tomorrow, just a little bit of attention here and there, and it should be done finally.
Attached Thumbnails
Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2848.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2849.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 08:49   #291
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,610
Thanked: 198 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

Its come out really well. The air fins on the Bonnet are looking really nice and parallel to each other apart from a few fins on the right side of the upper part of picture . The line and level is just perfect. I must admit that this Bug is going to be among the best restored ones due to the attention to detail of yours.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 16:02   #292
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Its come out really well. The air fins on the Bonnet are looking really nice and parallel to each other apart from a few fins on the right side of the upper part of picture . The line and level is just perfect. I must admit that this Bug is going to be among the best restored ones due to the attention to detail of yours.
Thank you Sagar,

The car is more or less coming together well.

Lots and lots of things to be UNDONE and Lots more detailing needs to be done, to get the body back to period shape.

Work on the rest of the Body is started and slated to complete by end of this week as comitted, but i know, my painters will need atleast 15 days to get the body ready in prisitine condition.
Attached Thumbnails
Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2882.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2883.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2884.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2885.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2886.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2887.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2888.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 22:33   #293
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

Some more bondo work happening today.

I want these guys to finish the surfacer work by tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2908.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_2909.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 23:04   #294
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 82
Thanked: 14 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

Great to see the Topolino come back to shape Any teaser shots for the colour shade?
ruthvikmagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 22:13   #295
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthvikmagal View Post
Great to see the Topolino come back to shape Any teaser shots for the colour shade?
Will surely put it once i spray the first overcoat.

Scrape.... Scrape...... and some more Scrape........ I can see almost 20 A4 size sand papers go waste since last 2 days, looks like this mouse will eat some more of it in the coming days.

The bondo job and the primer job is completed , the painter is working on the doors and some more body parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0007.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0012.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0011.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0010.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0009.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0008.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0006.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0005.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0004.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0003.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0002.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0001.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 23:05   #296
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,332
Thanked: 1,542 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

ChannagidhE, pavan! I like the way the mouse is looking! The bodyshell seems to have come out too good to be true, what a smooth finish!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 18:06   #297
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
ChannagidhE, pavan! I like the way the mouse is looking! The bodyshell seems to have come out too good to be true, what a smooth finish!
Still lot of work Shyam Bhai...

The base preparation itself is going to get a lot of juice out from me.

This is a very special car, and its really hard to instill this in my painters head. But slowly he's getting it.

By weekend, the exterior will be done upto base coat, and later the interiors will be worked on.

I could again see some traces of the ORIGINAL SHADE on the doors, not still able to make up my mind about the color, while Joy still wants it to be Off-White. Lets see as the days progress.
Attached Thumbnails
Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0015.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0016.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0017.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0018.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 18:22   #298
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,332
Thanked: 1,542 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I could again see some traces of the ORIGINAL SHADE on the doors, not still able to make up my mind about the color, while Joy still wants it to be Off-White. Lets see as the days progress.
The bottle green (that was the shade on the doors), Black and Maroon look great on the topolinos. But, its upto the owner to decide.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 21:32   #299
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
The bottle green (that was the shade on the doors), Black and Maroon look great on the topolinos. But, its upto the owner to decide.

Thats a long way to go from here

Anyways, both the doors are tapped and bondo applied.

Tomorrow we are sanding it down and applying primer.

Next 2 days will be focussed on the rear fenders and the rear bumper.

Today the mechanic took out some time, came over and fitted the fabricated suspension clamps and the rear shock absorber.
Attached Thumbnails
Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0049.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0050.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0051.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0052.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2011, 18:58   #300
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Thats a long way to go from here

Anyways, both the doors are tapped and bondo applied.

Tomorrow we are sanding it down and applying primer.

Next 2 days will be focussed on the rear fenders and the rear bumper.

Today the mechanic took out some time, came over and fitted the fabricated suspension clamps and the rear shock absorber.

Well, sanding down is a BIG process, its taking more time than what i had thought. The painter will be working on Competing the Doors fully inside-out. And looks like its a week more before i can see the surfacer sprayed.
Attached Thumbnails
Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0095.jpg  

Pilots & his 1950 Mouse Restoration - Fiat Topolino Delivered-imag_0096.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Restoration: 1950 Morris Minor Convertible PAVAN KADAM Post-War 113 10th June 2016 09:49
A 1934 Fiat & other Pre-1950 Fiats GTO Pre-War 101 31st October 2015 05:00
Restoration of a NOMAD's 1954 Fiat Millecento- DELIVERED PAVAN KADAM Post-War 117 15th March 2013 13:58
New SuperSmall FIAT TOPOLINO Cyrus43 The International Automotive Scene 13 26th July 2008 01:23
1936 Fiat 500 A Topolino nevertouchme Pre-War 9 9th July 2007 15:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks