Old 8th July 2010, 19:50   #16
Team-BHP Support

chances are the same pics will be found on a google search
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 23:17   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
chances are the same pics will be found on a google search
I did Google and what I found has lead me to say out loud what I thought and hence my question, which models of Mustangs were offered?
I fear that they were offering the current Mustang. That is legal, provided it is not more than 3 years old and RHD. Yes, even under OGL it is allowed, duties will be stiff, but who cares.
Think about this. He only offers Mustangs, we assume it is pre 1969, a classic. Other cars offered are Hummer H2, Hummer H3, Land Cruiser,
Ferrari, Chrysler C300, Ford Mustang, Lamborghini, Lexus, Bentley, Rolls
Royce,Range Rover etc. This advert is of 2008, that time some of these marques had no dealers in India. He could very well offer Chargers and charge more!!
So, could those who have been in touch with the dealer kindly let us know which model was offered, which year? The price total range should be above 25L, surely more, so 3.5L advance is not asking too much.
Shady is the reason given that cars are stuck in US customs, maybe a misunderstanding?

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 13:26   #18
Default Re: Potential SCAM on importing Mustangs to India?

a few years back, 5 to be more precise, i spotted a 70s mustang convertible for sale in rajkot, gujarat i think

he wanted 3.5L for it, i jumped and told him i was definitely interested and would love to see it immediately.
This guy was a canadian, who claimed to have stayed in india for quite a few years, he had brought his car here with him and had no intention to take it back
He told me it was with ebay motors, i should pay him the money through ebay and then if i didnt like the car, i could return it to him and get a full refund.
there were a couple of things that bothered me
  • he had sent me detailed pictures of the car from every possible angle including the engine bay, the only thing was that none of the pictures seemed to be taken in india from the backdrop
  • I told him i had to see the car and then i would pay him anywhere in the world he wanted. He told me he had handed over the car to ebay and that i couldnt have a look unless i paid and took delivery
that is when i thought it would be best to drop the idea, attached are a few pictures he sent me, i later found pictures of the same car for sale in some US state by someone else
Attached Images
cmdalvi is offline   Reply With Quote