Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 11:29   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 36
Thanked: 5 Times
Default VIDEO : My Vintage Motorcycles on NDTV India

A recent show came on NDTV India on vintage motorcycles.
thetjatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 20:03   #2
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Great to see those Motorcycles on TV. your collection is just amazing. Keep up the good work!!!!!!
lockheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 21:45   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 36
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed View Post
Great to see those Motorcycles on TV. your collection is just amazing. Keep up the good work!!!!!!
Thank you very much
thetjatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 18:23   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pondicherry, London
Posts: 64
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: VIDEO : My Vintage Motorcycles on NDTV India

Looks like excellent renovation work- congratulations.

Tell me: is the chroming work lllocally done-- and do you know anyone who can make spokes for the wheels?

I've picked up a few bikes 3 Speed twins- one of them a 50's track racer - 30's Norton and a couple of 50's BSA's..
All the renovation is hung up because I jus't can't find anyone who does proper (three part: copper, Nickle, Chrome) plating.
kulvinder singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2010, 11:16   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 36
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: VIDEO : My Vintage Motorcycles on NDTV India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulvinder singh View Post
Looks like excellent renovation work- congratulations.

Tell me: is the chroming work lllocally done-- and do you know anyone who can make spokes for the wheels?

I've picked up a few bikes 3 Speed twins- one of them a 50's track racer - 30's Norton and a couple of 50's BSA's..
All the renovation is hung up because I jus't can't find anyone who does proper (three part: copper, Nickle, Chrome) plating.
Thank you
Yes it is done by the same process as you said first copper than nickle than chrome.
I can make spokes.For which bike you are looking for?
thetjatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2011, 23:47   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pondicherry, London
Posts: 64
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: VIDEO : My Vintage Motorcycles on NDTV India

Initailly I need spokes which are straight ended as opposed to L ended- the speed twins have front drums, where the spokes go straight into the drum as opposed to side lips on the drums. Can you make them out of Stainless Steel?
As to the chroming- who does it- do you do i9t yourself?

Would be great to meet you and see your work- perhaps we can speak on the phone- please let me have the contact details-

Rgds, Kulvinder.
kulvinder singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 11:26   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 36
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: VIDEO : My Vintage Motorcycles on NDTV India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulvinder singh View Post
Initailly I need spokes which are straight ended as opposed to L ended- the speed twins have front drums, where the spokes go straight into the drum as opposed to side lips on the drums. Can you make them out of Stainless Steel?
As to the chroming- who does it- do you do i9t yourself?

Would be great to meet you and see your work- perhaps we can speak on the phone- please let me have the contact details-

Rgds, Kulvinder.
If you have the sample of spoke sent it to me with the hub I'll get it done all here.You just have to fit in your bike.I can get you the stainless steel rim also.
This is my no. 9717147996
thetjatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NDTV feature on leisure biking in India outofthebox Motorbikes 2 30th November 2015 17:37
Modified Indian Cars on NDTV India autopsyche Shifting gears 7 12th April 2012 17:15
A tribute to a Vintage Man : similar to a vintage car or vintage wine StarVegabond Shifting gears 3 12th October 2009 14:49
JBL products - misconstrued by NDTV? rocksterraghu In-Car Entertainment 37 19th October 2007 11:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks