Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2010, 17:09   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine has found 2 mopeds lying somewhere. I couldn't identify what mopeds these are. So where else better to ask people about them ? Would be awaiting all views and feedbacks.

Warm Regards

Indrojit Sircar


MODS- I have not posted in the pre or Post War section yet since these are unknown models. Kindly bare with me. I will notify once i have details on it.
Attached Images
          

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 15th December 2010 at 17:10.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 17:47   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
rajeev k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Emerging Metro
Posts: 3,306
Thanked: 1,730 Times
Default re: Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

It appears to me as Lambretta 48. During late 70s there was a identical one known as Laxmi 48 made in Tamil Nadu. As the speedo is in MPH it definitely is the Lambretta 48.

see the pic from net.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by rajeev k : 15th December 2010 at 17:52.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 18:51   #3
BHPian
 
pradipk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 216
Thanked: 21 Times
Default re: Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

As mentioned by rajeev, it can be Lambretta. Laxmi & Suvega both were quite similar to the one there in the snaps.
pradipk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 21:47   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: thrissur
Posts: 50
Thanked: Once
Default re: Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

i am sure it is innocenti lambretta 48. i had one
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine has found 2 mopeds lying somewhere. I couldn't identify what mopeds these are. So where else better to ask people about them ? Would be awaiting all views and feedbacks.

Warm Regards

Indrojit Sircar


MODS- I have not posted in the pre or Post War section yet since these are unknown models. Kindly bare with me. I will notify once i have details on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped-image149.jpg  

Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped-image150.jpg  

Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped-image153.jpg  

Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped-image154.jpg  

vipinmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 22:39   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N Delhi/Pune/Kolkata/Schwarzenfeld
Posts: 884
Thanked: 276 Times
Default re: Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

From what I can recollect, the Hitodi moped looked like this as well.
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 22:40   #6
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,333
Thanked: 1,545 Times
Default re: Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

Those 2 indeed appear to be Innocenti LAmbretta 48 mopeds!

What's the story on them??
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 23:47   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 307
Thanked: 182 Times
Default re: Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

Who has found these treasures Indrojit? , is this a collectors place or are they for sale.
wbd8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 23:47   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default re: Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
It appears to me as Lambretta 48. During late 70s there was a identical one known as Laxmi 48 made in Tamil Nadu. As the speedo is in MPH it definitely is the Lambretta 48.

see the pic from net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
As mentioned by rajeev, it can be Lambretta. Laxmi & Suvega both were quite similar to the one there in the snaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinmohan View Post
i am sure it is innocenti lambretta 48. i had one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
From what I can recollect, the Hitodi moped looked like this as well.
Thank you everyone for your inputs and help in finding out what moped this is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Those 2 indeed appear to be Innocenti LAmbretta 48 mopeds!

What's the story on them??
Well to be short and precise, it was discovered by a very close friend of mine somewhere. Apparently, they are being exported to the U.K. for £1,000 each. We should try and do something about these, what say ?

What should be the approx value of these in the condition they are and what would the value be once they are restored?


Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Who has found these treasures Indrojit? , is this a collectors place or are they for sale.
They have been found by a friend of mine. No details as of now. Pictures have just been sent for identification purposes.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 15th December 2010 at 23:49.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 00:11   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: calcutta
Posts: 49
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

Guess this is the time to modify the rules for exporting vintage and classic cars out of India. Currently perhaps the rule says one cannot export cars pre 1950 and motorcycles pre 1940. We should appoint Ms Radia or some one to lobby this cause. Priceless treasures must be stopped from being exported.

Last edited by sbanerjee : 16th December 2010 at 00:12. Reason: spelling correction
sbanerjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 10:15   #10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: thrissur
Posts: 50
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

some months ago,this restored innocenti 48 was for sale.the owner was quoting around 50K
Attached Thumbnails
Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped-l1.jpg  

Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped-l5.jpg  

vipinmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 10:26   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
the mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,154
Thanked: 707 Times
Default Re: Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

Guys dont fall for this exporting to UK for 1000 pounds scam. They have better stuff there cheaper. This is the story every Dalal in India gives to people. What they disclose is that they want 1000 pounds for it, what they dont disclose is they dont have any customers for 1000 pounds for it in the uk or anywhere else. There is tons and tons of such junk lying around various open plot of land near JNPT in mumbai. In anycase I would not pay more than Rs 5000 for this stuff.

Dont ban exports, allow imports this will get up the quality of ordinary classics that our collectors have here today. The same thinking happened in Socialist India with vintage watches. Watches like Omega Rolexes and other makes fled the country through such scams, but today the scenario is different the best of vintage watches are available globally cheaper and in better condition then in India. So who would pay twice the price and buy watches here? That got down the value of Classic watches and slowed down the export of watches from here as well.

In our country we have lopsided economics and thats the problem!

Last edited by the mole : 16th December 2010 at 10:32.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 18:56   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,402
Thanked: 932 Times
Default Re: Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Guys dont fall for this exporting to UK for 1000 pounds scam. They have better stuff there cheaper. This is the story every Dalal in India gives to people. What they disclose is that they want 1000 pounds for it, what they dont disclose is they dont have any customers for 1000 pounds for it in the uk or anywhere else. There is tons and tons of such junk lying around various open plot of land near JNPT in mumbai. In anycase I would not pay more than Rs 5000 for this stuff.

Dont ban exports, allow imports this will get up the quality of ordinary classics that our collectors have here today. The same thinking happened in Socialist India with vintage watches. Watches like Omega Rolexes and other makes fled the country through such scams, but today the scenario is different the best of vintage watches are available globally cheaper and in better condition then in India. So who would pay twice the price and buy watches here? That got down the value of Classic watches and slowed down the export of watches from here as well.

In our country we have lopsided economics and thats the problem!
One cannot agree with Amol regarding allowing exports of classic and vintage cars.There are many ''special '' cars which may be of interest to international buyers and so allowing that is definitely retrograde
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 13:24   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
the mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,154
Thanked: 707 Times
Default Re: Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
One cannot agree with Amol regarding allowing exports of classic and vintage cars.There are many ''special '' cars which may be of interest to international buyers and so allowing that is definitely retrograde
Hi Ajay, this can make up for a very interesting topic of discussion why not start a seperate thread for this, where better than to discuss this in this forum.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 18:47   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,402
Thanked: 932 Times
Default Re: Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Hi Ajay, this can make up for a very interesting topic of discussion why not start a seperate thread for this, where better than to discuss this in this forum.
Definitely, go ahead with the moderators blessings,it could turn out to be an active thread
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 01:03   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: Un-identified Moped EDIT - Its an Innocenti Lambretta 48 Moped

Today, I got to know from a very reliable source that apparently these are being sold for Rs.15,000 over here. Maybe people who are interested in two wheelers should pickup at least one of these so that some part of the nations heritage could be preserved. Apart from that restoration cost on these shouldn't be very high also. What does everyone think about this ? Workable idea ?
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parts catalog for Suvega, Innocenti and Enfield Prince alok_balsekar Motorbikes 11 16th December 2012 00:49
Can anyone identify this moped? EDIT - more obscure mopeds here. powertwin Post-War 46 4th July 2012 06:32
3 recent acquisitions - A Lambretta & 2 Vespas. Update: restoration of 1973 Lambretta wbd8779 Post-War 44 8th January 2012 07:33
2011 i10 Asta A/T - its Korean, its new, its fast, its red, and its coming. nirupesh Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1 8th January 2011 10:45
Culprit Identified - Tyre Sanitized ramkya1 Technical Stuff 4 30th November 2008 16:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:08.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks