Team-BHP > What Car?

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 13:06   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Hunt for Skoda Laura L&K replacement - will it be BMW X1? No! It's the Mercedes S350!

The mother of all upgrades!!!
Old 29th March 2012, 13:30   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hunt for Skoda Laura L&K replacement - will it be BMW X1? No! It's the Mercedes S350!

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Going to pull the trigger today on a S350 petrol. Bit of an old stock (but new) being offered at a reasonable discount - on road 92.5L with 2.5L petro card thrown in. Waiting beyond Mar-31 will kill me, so pulling the trigger (sic!) before Mar-31.

androdev, thats not a upgrade.Thats a quadragrade!!LOL. Seriously, no one here would have ever imagined an upgrade from Laura to the S! Its like going for shopping and buying the shop itself instead!

Congrats!! waiting for your purchase and ownership review soon.!I think yours would be the first S-Class here in TBHP!

Fire the canon!! As Ajmat rightly said!
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 13:37   #93
Senior - BHPian

Was gonna check your thread and tell you to change title to E class instead of X1, lol.
Congrats!

What color?
Old 29th March 2012, 13:42   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks guys for the encouraging words - I thought someone will say "dude, don't waste money and the world really is not ending in 2012!". I hope I don't get cold feet in the last minute. I must confess though it will be the 520D that will become the daily driver - the real upgrade car of the Laura. I felt 5 series is all joy for the driver and rest of the folks got nothing going for them. And this white elephant will be the family carrier - won't see a lot of mileage so decided to live with petrol for what it is worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Daamn, from where to where have you gone? Congrats though, the S is the ultimate when it comes to comfort, and the 350 isn't that bad when you decide to drive too.
After driving S, I didn't feel like spending ~65 big ones on E. It is quite unfortunate that no car below S class range has creature comforts for rear passengers. I hope Hyundai/Honda people address the rear bench properly at 30L - this is a huge opportunity in India. For the very first time, I felt nice sitting in the back and didn't envy the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Pulling a trigger? I think you are firing a cannon!!!
Was really hard to decide. I got tired of doing the math. But just the thought of a long drive with family in this car vs any other car made me justify the difference. The rear seat is unbelievably special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Wow I could never imagine that an upgrade to a Skoda Laura would be a S350!!!

That is one helluva upgrade man.
It is fair to say it was a wrong decision to buy 520D as the 2nd car while we had Laura. I was too driver-focused at that time. This is a way of correcting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The mother of all upgrades!!!
Thanks. Not an easy decision though!
Old 29th March 2012, 14:13   #95
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

All I can say is WOW!

But heck, ZNMD so might as well enjoy while life is going well!

All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Going to pull the trigger today on a S350 petrol. Bit of an old stock (but new) being offered at a reasonable discount - on road 92.5L with 2.5L petro card thrown in. Waiting beyond Mar-31 will kill me, so pulling the trigger (sic!) before Mar-31.
Old 29th March 2012, 15:16   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quite an upgrade. Congratulations!
But... I am not ruling out another twist in the story
Old 29th March 2012, 15:39   #97
Senior - BHPian

You've not merely upgraded, nor pulled a trigger. You've gone and hit the button on a ballistic missile.

You devil, you.

What. An. Upgrade. You can't call it an upgrade though, seriously. Can you? Anyhow, congrats and enjoy the luxury barge you will now have parked in your garage/driveway/yacht/spaceship (please cross off options as needed).

Congrats once again, all jokes aside
Old 29th March 2012, 15:46   #98
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, hunting for an upgrade for Laura, and choosing S speaks a lot about quality of the Laura as you were finally satisfied only by S.

When is the car going to arrive, or it already has? The week is already ending with 2 more days to go. Awaiting pictures and ownership thread.
Old 29th March 2012, 15:51   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hunt for Skoda Laura L&K replacement - will it be BMW X1? No! It's the Mercedes S

Congrats androdev. I felt sad to read your Laura accident but now I feel something better was in store for you.It would be offending to call it better, its the best.

Looking forward to update from you.
Old 29th March 2012, 18:56   #100
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hunt for Skoda Laura L&K replacement - will it be BMW X1? No! It's the Mercedes S

Oh man.. 2 months of search for a Laura replacement and you have reached an S-Class! Read the entire thread and guess what, it sounds a lot of fun. I wish I had that kind of money ! Congratulations on the S, it is a special car and a huge one at that!
Old 29th March 2012, 19:46   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

The new title of the thread really drew me here. A Skoda Laura to an S class! Incredible upgrade!

Cngrats and keep us posted!

Just to clarify, this S class is a slightly used model right? 8,000 kms and less than a year old?
Old 29th March 2012, 20:53   #102
Senior - BHPian

One of a kind upgrade. Period!.

Androdev this is not ballistic, this is nuclear. I had initially read your thread and was looking forward to it but never expected this. Have read threads of bhpians upgrading from D-segment to BMW E90 but ending up with BMW F10. But your upgrade is just awesome, who thought from a Laura to an S-Class.

Congrats! Which color is it and do put up the pictures & ownership review of it quickly. Waiting for it.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 29th March 2012 at 20:55.
Old 29th March 2012, 20:55   #103
BHPian

Is this thread a joke or what
Started reading this thread as I was also looking for an upgrade from the safari and was considering the superb and was trying to follow your test drives of the various vehicles and then Bamm!!! you land with a S350 and I am caught with my pants down

I never felt so jealous.Man you are living life king size.
Just bowled me over.Wont get sleep tonight.

Super upgrade.Tuned into this thread for the S350 arrival and the initial ownership reviews.Congrats!!!!
Alter_Ego is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 20:57   #104
Senior - BHPian

Holy smoke, that is one serious upgrade considering the X1 was the intended buy. Congrats on it though.

Am sure you will enjoy the car.

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't you looking for a vehicle that had a bit of GC, which was why the X1 was considered.
Old 29th March 2012, 21:22   #105
BHPian

Firstly congratulations androdev. The S is truly a special car. Secondly i'm feeling happy about the happiness surrounding your S class purchase. God bless your new acquisition from bad roads. Congrats again!
Ford5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed