Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 29th November 2012, 15:13   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Looking for a "Vehicle" that'll make us happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Its not going to be the THAR.

It may not be the Laura TSI also.

Watch this space for googlie!
hmm should be interesting. I was banking on you deciding on a Laura Petrol. Lets see what you've come up with that's better! Incidentally I've owned one for 3 years and its got 4XXXX klicks on it. So if you have any questions about the car shoot me a pm and I'll be happy to talk to you about it.
imp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 14:58   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Its not going to be the THAR.

It may not be the Laura TSI also.

Watch this space for googlie!
Saar,

What was the outcome ? which car did you buy ?
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 16:32   #63
Senior - BHPian

After a lot of hard thinking, wifey and me decided that we will buy the new car on her company lease so as to derive some tax benefits.

Then we discussed further and zeroed in on the "need" to have a sedan /hatch for practical reasons. As per her a Pick Up Truck is not exactly an ideal vehicle to roll-in to a starred hotel for some function. While I have been doing exactly that, I think she does have a point. So THAR went out of the window, equation even though both of us like it and tugs at our heart strings.

While the Laura TSI was liked by me, wifey refused as the discounted ones were available only in white colour. Plus the TSI prices were raised so that made it slightly more expensive. After a lot of discussions, searching around for cars with individuality, we zeroed in on the Punto Sports 90HP. The car is about 8.9 Lakhs on road in Hyderabad.

All set, colour decided, deal done with the dealer, we give it to the lease guys for quote and this is what we get:
Rs 31,000 for 36 Months + 30% RV+VAT to be paid at the end of 36 months.

While the tax benefits would have accrued, but paying the above amount for 8.9Lakh car just didn't make sense. And on top of that the Nano which the Punto was going to replace has done around 6300Kms in 20 months.

Add to that very hectic schedule with both wifey and me, the "project" of buying a new car has been put on the back burner for the time being.

Thanks again for all the advices everyone!

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote