Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2017, 14:30   #241
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,390
Thanked: 19,150 Times
Default Re: Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Yes Viddy, the S cross and Aspire are in the top of my list too. What would you recommend if I was going for a pre-worshiped one?
If Aspire then why bother with used. Get a new one, it's under 10L on road.

If S-cross you can look at used but the 1.6L used will be rare infact very rare.

VW Jetta close to 15L used is a decent option but the 15L ones will be out of warranty for sure. The max warranty on the Jetta is 4 years.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 14:37   #242
BHPian
 
superutp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 409
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If Aspire then why bother with used. Get a new one, it's under 10L on road.

If S-cross you can look at used but the 1.6L used will be rare infact very rare.

VW Jetta close to 15L used is a decent option but the 15L ones will be out of warranty for sure. The max warranty on the Jetta is 4 years.
Yes Aspire would be the top end one- new- The recent safety rating has got me a bit concerned though
I have been searching around for a used 1.6 S cross since sometime now..never found one. probably time to find some owners (which also is rare) and convince them to change cars

Probably can get a 1.4TSI jetta for cheaper which may be under warranty.
superutp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 16:08   #243
BHPian
 
Waspune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 287
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post



Probably can get a 1.4TSI jetta for cheaper which may be under warranty.

If it's the 1.4 TSI then look at Octavia as it comes in a more powerful tune. The same engine in Jetta is just adequate. Also the Jetta is heavier.

Why aren't you considering the Ameo D? It comes with a 108 bhp/ 250 NM engine, handles well with stiffer suspension, is loaded with features, has a slick gearbox, rides better than the petrol counterpart. It's also available in DSG if that's your cup of tea. IMO the sound insulation is also better when compared to polo diesel.

Last edited by Waspune : 8th March 2017 at 16:09.
Waspune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 23:25   #244
BHPian
 
superutp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 409
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
If it's the 1.4 TSI then look at Octavia as it comes in a more powerful tune. The same engine in Jetta is just adequate. Also the Jetta is heavier.

Why aren't you considering the Ameo D? It comes with a 108 bhp/ 250 NM engine, handles well with stiffer suspension, is loaded with features, has a slick gearbox, rides better than the petrol counterpart. It's also available in DSG if that's your cup of tea. IMO the sound insulation is also better when compared to polo diesel.
Unfortunately none of the Octavias come within my budget.
Yes I should start considering the Ameo..The top end manual comes to around ~10.7 on road and DSG 11.7 on road so just fits within my budget range.

Only problem is that the a new aspire D is almost a lakh cheaper than the manual one and 2 lakhs less than the DSG which makes decision making difficult
superutp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 11:20   #245
BHPian
 
Waspune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 287
Thanked: 262 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Unfortunately none of the Octavias come within my budget.

Yes I should start considering the Ameo..The top end manual comes to around ~10.7 on road and DSG 11.7 on road so just fits within my budget range.



Only problem is that the a new aspire D is almost a lakh cheaper than the manual one and 2 lakhs less than the DSG which makes decision making difficult

I have seen some 2014 Octavia 1.4 TSI for just under 10 lakhs.

Regarding the Ameo, IMO it's the more FTD vehicle when compared to Aspire. Aspire scores better only in rear space. On other aspects the Ameo is the clear winner. It has a free revving motor, better handler, even the steering is better weighed and the ride is also slightly better in the Ameo D.
Waspune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 11:51   #246
Distinguished - BHPian
 
smartcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,839
Thanked: 10,878 Times
Default Re: Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

The only problem with Aspire & Ameo are the aesthetics. Go for the hatchback variants (Figo or Polo) - since boot space is not high priority for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Unfortunately none of the Octavias come within my budget.
This one might be for sale -

Name:  Octavia.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  131.8 KB

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4160360 (Skoda Octavia : Official Review)
smartcat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2017, 15:24   #247
BHPian
 
superutp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 409
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
I have seen some 2014 Octavia 1.4 TSI for just under 10 lakhs.

Regarding the Ameo, IMO it's the more FTD vehicle when compared to Aspire. Aspire scores better only in rear space. On other aspects the Ameo is the clear winner. It has a free revving motor, better handler, even the steering is better weighed and the ride is also slightly better in the Ameo D.
The Ameo DSG is at the top of my list- however, I did go an test drive both the manual and DSG version- I found the lag very prominent and definitely more than my optra (I wonder what the complaints about the Optra Lag was about). The DSG had slightly more lag than the manual. Engine felt just OK- I am sure it was fast enough and maybe the slightly more linear nature of the power/torque delivery made me feel it was slower/unexciting than it actually was (since I am used to the push back effect on the optra post 2k RPM)
I wasn't completely impressed by the interiors/nor the space- just didnt feel like ~12 lakhs (DSG HL)


Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
The only problem with Aspire & Ameo are the aesthetics. Go for the hatchback variants (Figo or Polo) - since boot space is not high priority for you.

This one might be for sale -

Attachment 1617119

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4160360 (Skoda Octavia : Official Review)
Haha that has another 2 DP (Donkeypower)


So guys, I went and test drove the Ameo and S cross one fine day and Aspire I have driven before. Not completely impressed by both the Ameo and Aspire though I am sure I am just comparing with my Optra too much and since I am inclining towards autobox's the Ameo trumphs the Aspire.

But S cross 1.6 was a totally different experience. I know in 0-100 times etc. the Ameo and the Aspire are faster than the S Cross- but everything about the S cross appealed to me. Definitely a class above the Ameo/Aspire interior wise and engine so well reminded me of the Optra's engine.

If it wasn't almost 16 lakhs on road BLR I would definitely buy it.

Confusion still remains- psychologically compromise and get the ameo D or rob a bank and get the S Cross 1.6 or buy polo tsi which makes me forgot I am used to drive a 2.0 diesel rocket or search around for 2 yr old Cruze/Octavia/Jetta's which will cost atleast 14 lakhs.
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2017, 23:51   #248
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,251 Times
Default Re: Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

Take off the SX4's badging and what you have is the Fiat Sedici. A properly designed, built and put together Global product available to discerning buyers with the back up of Maruti's nation wide network.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Sedici


Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
But S cross 1.6 was a totally different experience. I know in 0-100 times etc. the Ameo and the Aspire are faster than the S Cross- but everything about the S cross appealed to me. Definitely a class above the Ameo/Aspire interior wise and engine so well reminded me of the Optra's engine.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 18:44   #249
BHPian
 
superutp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 409
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Take off the SX4's badging and what you have is the Fiat Sedici. A properly designed, built and put together Global product available to discerning buyers with the back up of Maruti's nation wide network.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Sedici
Hmmm, now I am wondering if I should wait for the updated S Cross which hopefully should come with an autobox mated to the 320DDIS
superutp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 22:43   #250
BHPian
 
superutp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 409
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

What do you guys think of the Linea 125? Is it still relevant? Its big like the optra...of course not a turbo diesel but atleast a Turbo petrol ..decently quick and at the same price as the Ameo DSG.

Edit: yes i know the abarth punto is faster at the same cost but I am inclining towards a sedan rather than a hatchback- never know when that boot space and extra legroom comes to good use

Last edited by superutp : 21st April 2017 at 22:47.
superutp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 00:28   #251
BHPian
 
Waspune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 287
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
What do you guys think of the Linea 125? Is it still relevant? Its big like the optra...of course not a turbo diesel but atleast a Turbo petrol ..decently quick and at the same price as the Ameo DSG.

Edit: yes i know the abarth punto is faster at the same cost but I am inclining towards a sedan rather than a hatchback- never know when that boot space and extra legroom comes to good use

Well if you get the linea 125 into picture then you get the best ride, handling, power, torque, brakes, GC in the segment and 500 litres of boot. It comes in top trim and will have some discounts as well which will eventually prove to be quite VFM.

Better take a test drive for yourself and then decide as when Fiat comes into picture people either love it or hate it. I belong to the former category.

Last edited by Waspune : 22nd April 2017 at 00:29.
Waspune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 00:32   #252
BHPian
 
superutp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 409
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

Yup, exactly..It has many things going for it and with its fellow class cars touching >14l for the same range of features, I suddenly found it to be a VFM option.

Will be test driving it tomorrow. Not very sure about the FIAT A.S.S aspect though
superutp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 00:38   #253
BHPian
 
Waspune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 287
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Yup, exactly..It has many things going for it and with its fellow class cars touching >14l for the same range of features, I suddenly found it to be a VFM option.



Will be test driving it tomorrow. Not very sure about the FIAT A.S.S aspect though

The A.S.S is not that great and requires some patience from your side, but eventually the work gets done. The service interval is 1 year/15000 kms.The best part is that it provides European traits in Maruti prices so the upkeep isn't expensive at all. Also Fiat is one of the better manufacturers that honors warranty claims without any fuss.

In fact even Skoda / VAG / Ford aren't great as far as A.S.S is concerned but they do make driver oriented cars. The choice is yours.

PS: I recently completed 2 years (36k kms) with my Punto Evo 90 HP and it has been a fun ride throughout.

Last edited by Waspune : 22nd April 2017 at 00:44.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 17:28   #254
BHPian
 
superutp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 409
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

Test drove the Linea 125 and the Abarth.

Started of with the Linea- did not really feel that much slower than the optra but of course its relative- Loved the handling, the ride.

Interiors are smaller than I expected. Main problem was the footwell- with my shoe size being 11 the clutch and dead pedal can interfere a lot. Seating position viz a viz the steering may take some time getting used. Overall liked it

Next drove the abarth and it was explosive, torque steer even in 3rd gear!! With that power other aspects of ergonomics didnt matter.

They are selling 2015 Nov/Dec manufactured abarth's for a discount of 1.2 lakhs and the Linea comes at ~11.9..More confusion now

Last edited by khan_sultan : 26th April 2017 at 10:26. Reason: Please do not type.... like.... this....
superutp is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 17:42   #255
BHPian
 
sriramv.iyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 825
Thanked: 683 Times
Default Re: Fiesta 1.6S...what next? Fun-to-drive car upto 10 lakhs

A quick question for the experts here - I recently test drove a Vento (DSG / TDI) and SCross 1.6 -

For the SCross, the engine was really rough on the 1.6 (had close to 10K kms) and it sounded *really* gruff. I appreciated the torque and the build quality. Is this an anomaly or is the engine really this gruff?

The Vento's pedals were vibrating! I had the same issue many years back when I evaluated it and I am surprised it is not fixed yet.

I had no issues whatsoever with the Linea 125S and it seems to be a great choice (esp practical because of a huge boot!) - I am yet to take a test drive of Abarth. I am hoping I can remap the Linea (or the SCross) for maximum fun.

I am also going to try the Ford Figo Sport. Haven't found time yet for that. I had the 2012 Fiesta Titanium+ (White) and I only have great memories of it. (Recently gave it to my friend since I picked another car)


Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post

They are selling 2015 Nov/Dec manufactured abarth's for a discount of 1.2 lakhs and the Linea comes at ~11.9..More confusion now
@superutp - My 0.02c - Pick up the Linea. It is slightly less powerful than the Abarth, it is newer (compared to 2015 manufactured Abarth) and later, you can remap it for better performance. But you can never add a boot to Abarth (esp since you are coming from Optra)

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 22nd April 2017 at 17:45.
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Hand car in Calcutta upto 3.5 Lakhs Amartya Sedans 15 25th October 2009 23:03
Budget upto 8 Lakhs On Road - What car? prskumar Sedans 3 30th March 2008 09:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks