Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 16th February 2017, 11:28   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Keep My VW Polo 1.6 OR Upgrade To The 2017 VW Vento?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Oh no I was comparing them in terms of space, not power or build quality. In terms of power and build quality my Polo 1.6 is a stunner.
I am surprised why Scross 1.6 is not in your list? If you are looking at Jazz from space perspective then Scross1.3 should also be in your consideration as it offers both space and fantastic FE with the best build quality Maruti can offer in India?
SpoiledBratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 12:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
I am surprised why Scross 1.6 is not in your list? If you are looking at Jazz from space perspective then Scross1.3 should also be in your consideration as it offers both space and fantastic FE with the best build quality Maruti can offer in India?
Frankly, after moving on to the Germans, I have gotten so used to their stability that nothing else seems to match them in terms of quality. I have realized that if I want more space, I will need to look at the Jap or Korean brands. Hence my initial post did not mention any other car/brand but the Vento. Anyway, I will take a look at the S-Cross but is pretty under powered at 88 bhp.

After going through all the posts, I think I may just stick to my Polo 1.6 for at least another year.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 12:35   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Frankly, after moving on to the Germans, I have gotten so used to their stability that nothing else seems to match them in terms of quality. I have realized that if I want more space, I will need to look at the Jap or Korean brands. Hence my initial post did not mention any other car/brand but the Vento. Anyway, I will take a look at the S-Cross but is pretty under powered at 88 bhp.

After going through all the posts, I think I may just stick to my Polo 1.6 for at least another year.
I agree with you and would recommend a wait.

No doubts 1.3 version is under powered but good from a daily city office commute perspective. If you are looking at power you know what to TD (1.6)
SpoiledBratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 14:16   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your wishes. I would prefer the Europeans simply because of the build quality. I would also prefer a car with ISOFIX.

What abut the Honda Jazz?
Honda Jazz is by far the most spacious hatchback in segment. Practicality and flexibility wise, it trumps the competition. But is it a worthy replacement for the now nostalgic Polo 1.6? Not at all, atleast taking into account chasis, drive train etc. So if yes practicality and space is what you are gunning for, then Jazz is the best bet out there. As long as you can live with the tiny engine given that you have got used to the 1.6.

If you are going to find S Cross under powered and light in build quality, then you won't be happy with the Jazz at all. If not Vento, and you want a car which is a size smaller but big in space, you can consider Ford Aspire Diesel as well.

This is where a car like Golf would have been perfect, but alas

Last edited by rageshgr : 16th February 2017 at 14:21.
rageshgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 16:03   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just to clarify, yours is the petrol polo 1.6 right? Some responses seem to be based on the assumption that it is the diesel Polo 1.6 TDI( the GT TDI). For example the comparison with the GT TSI.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 16:14   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Just to clarify, yours is the petrol polo 1.6 right? Some responses seem to be based on the assumption that it is the diesel Polo 1.6 TDI( the GT TDI). For example the comparison with the GT TSI.
Hi Rajeevraj,

Yes my car is a 2011 VW Polo 1.6 Petrol.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 02:32   #67
BHPian

Default Re: Vento / Rapid or VW Polo GT TDI

Polo is not a bad car at all but Vento or the new Rapid would be far more better purchase in this case. Where Polo suffers is rear leg room and interior space. Doesn't have rear AC vents, neither comes with basic necessity like arm rest on front or rear seats. Vento / Rapid both have more VFM in this scenario. Although its not a difficult or very expensive job to get these features installed on the Polo. Plus you would get a proper sedans. And new Rapid looks much better. The only problem while sealing the deal here would be its after sale service. If you can manager to live with that, go with Rapid according to me.
navdeep.rana is offline   Reply With Quote