Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?


View Poll Results: EcoSport Titanium TDCI vs New Fiesta Style TDCI
EcoSport Titanium TDCI 71 52.21%
New Fiesta Style TDCI 65 47.79%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2013, 09:18   #31
BHPian
 
Apple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
How long do you plan on keeping this car? Also, is very good resale value a key criteria for you? According to me 9.25L for a Fiesta with the full safety kit, leather seats, parking sensors, teflon coating, mud flaps and mats, is a damn good steal. You are getting a car better than the Ecosport in nearly every area (better ride, better to drive, better handling, quicker, more mileage, more roomy interior, boot, safer, exclusivity factor) excluding the unnecessary 200mm GC, for around 1.5 L less.

Before you make your decision, think about whether you actually like the Fiesta and are willing to throw it away after such a deal just for better resale value? This is what you are going to drive everyday. It is a car. Not an investment, there are plenty of safe bets you can make on shares

Ofcourse if your heart was always set on the ES, then this post is redundant.
I'm planning to keep the car at least for the next 5 years or may be more. Even I feel that this is a very good deal considering the segment Fiesta belongs to. To be frank I don't give a damn to resale value but had no choice but to walk away from the deal (read Uncle's involvement)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Cool. You can wait for the Fiesta facelift and make a decision then. All the best.
But the problem will be the budget then. It may be around 11 L OTR and slowly my budget is coming down to 9 L.

I don't know what I was thinking when I upgraded EcoSport Trend to Titanium, with all the price hike it will go beyond 11 L and EcoSport is not VFM anymore and there are better cars to buy with that money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
Are you sure that the resale value of new fiesta diesel is poor?

Firstly i hardly see any few fiesta for resale. Keep in mind that people who have purchased this car earlier have purchased it at a premium.

I would suggest you check the asking price for pre-owned 2 year old fiesta. I see dealer asking for 8.2L in Mumbai. i doubt if any other 2 year old sedan of the same category would command that price.
I even checked the used car price tool and 2012 Fiesta Style was fetching 5.33 L which is very low but as I mentioned above resale is not a problem for me. But its done and dusted not sure if I'll get the same deal today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
I feel that the resale should be a factor only if the buying price is same for the options you are looking at. You are already getting more than 1.5L savings upfront vs the Ecosport so your resale value is already taken care of.
Also i feel the Fiesta Interiors are superior to that of Ecosport and the Fiesta looks amazing in blue color.
Lastly, leaving aside all other rationale given by your head, what does your heart say?
You are correct. I liked every bit of Fiesta and the deal was mouthwatering too. My heart is still with Fiesta and because of budget constraints I may have to drop the EcoSport plan altogether. I don't want to buy EcoSport Trend as the safety features are the top most priority for me.

Yes, Fiesta came as an option because I booked EcoSport earlier. I'm getting good deal on it and immediate delivery too. I'm not sure if I would get the safety features for 10 L in the cars mentioned by you (Vento, Rapid, Linea). Honda City Diesel would be too out of budget.

I don't know what will happen next. May be Amaze!!

Last edited by GTO : 6th December 2013 at 15:32. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 09:31   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
IshaanIan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,439
Thanked: 3,138 Times
Default Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Buy the Fiesta then. Simply don't tell your uncle It is after all your money and you are the car enthusiast and this is what you want. I believe that when one is buying something major like this, one must always buy something he/she loves since then and only then will he/she feel proud of it and never regret it throughout the period of ownership.

Go fo it! You said it yourself. You might not have enough for the ES titanium, you love the Fiesta and think its a good deal too and you might end up buying an Amaze. Trust me you will sit in that Amaze every single day staring at the cheap, funky dashboard thinking of what could have been. You will step out of the Amaze at each destination and never turn behind to even look at it as you lock the car, all the while your uncles voice whispering in your head that it is still the right choice since you lose less money on it. What happens with the saved up money then? Will you get to spend it on something you like? Probably not. What if your uncle comes into the picture again and tells you to buy the car with better resale?

It really disheartened me to read you saying that you actually don't care about resale value, believe the Fiesta is a good deal and want to buy it but will not because of your uncle. :(

Just do it.
IshaanIan is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 09:45   #33
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 19
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post

I even checked the used car price tool and 2012 Fiesta Style was fetching 5.33 L which is very low but as I mentioned above resale is not a problem for me. But its done and dusted not sure if I'll get the deal today.
Don't know where you got your deal from but got SMS from Vibrant Ford that they have extended the scheme to 7th.

I am also looking for a diesel sedan. What do you think, can we get a better deal if we negotiate together? Let me know if interested.

Only hitch is I am still undecided between Linea 1.3 and fiesta. Any inputs please?
Dhanan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 10:16   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
kiku007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,610
Thanked: 1,223 Times
Default Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post

Now negotiating on freebies and more discount. Final price offered is 9.4 OTR, Hyderabad. The SA offered pickup and drop from my office few minutes back to seal the deal. A whole world of difference when I booked EcoSport and SA never replied to my messages
In an Auto Industry where even bare basic courtesy is lacking from Car Dealerships isn't it obvious why a Dealer would send a car to pick you up and drop? Dealers with Fiesta stock (Some YOM even dating back to 2012) are struggling hard to clear them before we get into 2014.

Check the month of manufacture for the Fiesta being offered. If it didn't sell for 6+ months (Now with a whopping 1.7+L discount + special customer service from the Dealer), it isn't going to sell in the next 3 weeks A friend got a Fiesta TDCi Style @ 9.06L On-road in Chennai in November. It was a March-2013 manufactured car.

Probably you might get it even cheaper in Jan-14. Or may use the time to make up your mind.
kiku007 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 10:20   #35
BHPian
 
satan's_valet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: TN09/KA04
Posts: 314
Thanked: 172 Times
Default

Yeah.. Why are you worrying about resale value before even buying the car? There are lot of things to think about buying a car and I feel resale value s not a reason to avoid buying a car you love.

Whatever we say, or whatever your uncle says, it's going to be you who is gonna drive the car everyday.

If you love the car and if it fits your budget, then don't think twice. Go ahead and book it.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 10:25   #36
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 799
Thanked: 456 Times
Default Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
Wooh.. quite a day I can say. Showroom guys sent a car of pickup to finalize the deal. The final offer was:

OTR: 9.25 L + Scratch guard (TV/Fridge/Washing Machine/Micro-Oven).
Freebies: Leather seats, Reverse Parking Sensor, Mud flaps, Car cover, floor mats, Teflon coating

Almost at the final second of the deal got call from my uncle who is having good knowledge on second hand car market and asked me not to go ahead with new Fiesta considering its sub-par resale value, so had to back out. Now I'm in for 6 months waiting queue for EcoSport Titanium.

Thank you all for the inputs you have provided
Other members might have already suggested but how long do you intend to retain the car? If its anything in excess of 6-7 yrs then resale value is hardly a big consideration because any good car by end of that period depreciates quite a bit and the price difference wont be as large to make you change your mind today. Consider you are saving 1.4L today on fiesta and selling it for 1L less 7 yrs later.

Only negative i see on fiesta would be the back seat comfort, I hardly find it the place to be in. Other than that its a competitive product despite the fact that it turned out to be market dud due to poor pricing.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 10:55   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
How long do you plan on keeping this car? Also, is very good resale value a key criteria for you? According to me 9.25L for a Fiesta with the full safety kit, leather seats, parking sensors, teflon coating, mud flaps and mats, is a damn good steal. You are getting a car better than the Ecosport in nearly every area (better ride, better to drive, better handling, quicker, more mileage, more roomy interior, boot, safer, exclusivity factor) excluding the unnecessary 200mm GC, for around 1.5 L less.

Before you make your decision, think about whether you actually like the Fiesta and are willing to throw it away after such a deal just for better resale value? This is what you are going to drive everyday. It is a car. Not an investment, there are plenty of safe bets you can make on shares

Ofcourse if your heart was always set on the ES, then this post is redundant.
I agree with Ishaan here. Why are you looking at re-sale when you have not already bought the product. Given the price and the freebeies, this is a steal and i would strongly recommend you go for it. Ecosport is new in the market and the re-sale values are just guesses at this point. 3-5 years down the lane, when you sell it, you may probably get 1.5l less for the fiesta - that should be ok but the fact is you are saving that 1.5 lac upfront here. My recommendation is go for the fiesta. You could probably squeeze a little more from the dealer since you are going back to him again.
Shiwik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 11:11   #38
BHPian
 
slamnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 156
Thanked: 372 Times
Default Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
I'm not able to decide so requesting the experts here to bail me out
If you are looking for a fun to drive car with enthusiastic handling then please go for a Fiesta eyes closed. It is way ahead of EcoSport in this division.

If your requirement is more of a family car with more GC and which can handle bad roads better then EcoSport is the one to look out for.
slamnos is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 11:20   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
sourabhzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GURGAON
Posts: 1,541
Thanked: 1,277 Times
Default Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
To be frank I don't give a damn to resale value but had no choice but to walk away from the deal (read Uncle's involvement)
....... but as I mentioned above resale is not a problem for me. But its done and dusted not sure if I'll get the same deal today.
If you go with your uncle (who obviously is not going to sit with you everyday in this car), then you should only think about a Maruti and nothing else.

On 'done and dusted' part, it is always better to approach the dealer again than assuming yourself. Of course, you must approach only if you really want to buy the car.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th December 2013 at 14:12. Reason: fixed quotes
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 11:26   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 161
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

I believe your original decision to go with Ford was since you wanted a SUV and the Ecosport was considered one of the hottest in that segment.
Now that you are contemplating a Sedan, why are you stuck with Ford? Why don't you look at others in that segment (the 2014 City/Verna/Rapid/Vento/Sunny/Scala). You would have lot more options thant just the Duster and Ecosport.
Bh.P is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 11:41   #41
BHPian
 
Deep Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Udupi
Posts: 594
Thanked: 231 Times
Default Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

To me, in the Figo, it is the excellent steering feel that makes Ford's dynamic abilities palpable and involving.
I hear, the Fiesta's steering has a much better feel than the Ecosport. Additionally a sedan would be better than a SUV in the handling dept.
So, if high GC and resale value weren't a bother for me, I would take the Fiesta.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 11:57   #42
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,698
Thanked: 3,890 Times
Default Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
I'm planning to keep the car at least for the next 5 years or may be more. Even I feel that this is a very good deal considering the segment Fiesta belongs to. To be frank I don't give a damn to resale value but had no choice but to walk away from the deal (read Uncle's involvement)
If the plan is to keep the car for 5 years or more, better don’t bother about the resale. I don’t think it will make any difference (between Ecosport or Fiesta). Infact you may stand a better chance of getting a good price of Fiesta – a section of the car buying public have the tendency to admire a car when it is gone. For e.g.; nowadays everyone talk so nicely about the Ford Fusion, but when it was in the market, not many gave it a second look. Infact, even my 10 year old Ikon 1.6 ZXi got a good price when I sold it earlier this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple
But the problem will be the budget then. It may be around 11 L OTR and slowly my budget is coming down to 9 L.
If you’re getting a good offer for the Fiesta, better go for it. For the Ecosport, in all possibilities, the price will only go up. I am expecting Ford to price the facelifted Fiesta competitively, but 9 lakhs OTR for a reasonably loaded model sounds unrealistic. So if price is a big concern, don’t wait for the facelift and bargain hard on the current Fiesta. Infact I would recommend to push hard for a better deal on Fiesta Titanium or Titanium+. You may actually get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple
My heart is still with Fiesta and because of budget constraints I may have to drop the EcoSport plan altogether. I don't want to buy EcoSport Trend as the safety features are the top most priority for me.
Happy that you’re holding strong on safety features. From a driver’s point of view, the Fiesta really delivers. It’s really a nice car to drive. In my opinion, its key negative is the rear seat. Otherwise nothing much wrong with the car.

Better listen to your heart, and don’t go a segment down with the likes of Amaze. And one more important point – keep the uncle out of the equation, until the deal is done. Happy shopping!
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 12:26   #43
BHPian
 
Apple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Buy the Fiesta then. Simply don't tell your uncle It is after all your money and you are the car enthusiast and this is what you want. I believe that when one is buying something major like this, one must always buy something he/she loves since then and only then will he/she feel proud of it and never regret it throughout the period of ownership.

Go fo it! You said it yourself. You might not have enough for the ES titanium, you love the Fiesta and think its a good deal too and you might end up buying an Amaze. Trust me you will sit in that Amaze every single day staring at the cheap, funky dashboard thinking of what could have been. You will step out of the Amaze at each destination and never turn behind to even look at it as you lock the car, all the while your uncles voice whispering in your head that it is still the right choice since you lose less money on it. What happens with the saved up money then? Will you get to spend it on something you like? Probably not. What if your uncle comes into the picture again and tells you to buy the car with better resale?

It really disheartened me to read you saying that you actually don't care about resale value, believe the Fiesta is a good deal and want to buy it but will not because of your uncle. :(

Just do it.
I agree about Amaze. When you are getting a higher segment vehicle for 9 L why settle for Amaze? I've already made up my mind now. Going to talk to dealer today or tomorrow and will try to bargain more and seal the deal. Enough of re-sale mantra for me, I'm now leaving that behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanan View Post
Don't know where you got your deal from but got SMS from Vibrant Ford that they have extended the scheme to 7th.

I am also looking for a diesel sedan. What do you think, can we get a better deal if we negotiate together? Let me know if interested.

Only hitch is I am still undecided between Linea 1.3 and fiesta. Any inputs please?
My dealer is Fortune Ford, Tolichowki. Good to hear that the scheme is extended till 7th. We can definitely get a better deal if we negotiate together, but since I have already paid 50K booking for EcoSport I will loose 3K if I want to cancel and negotiate with Vibrant Ford. If hope it is not the case with you.

Which specific variant and color are you looking for and what's the deal offered to you. My choice was Fiesta Style Diesel in Red color.

I'm unable to send private message to you. Please PM me your email/phone number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
In an Auto Industry where even bare basic courtesy is lacking from Car Dealerships isn't it obvious why a Dealer would send a car to pick you up and drop? Dealers with Fiesta stock (Some YOM even dating back to 2012) are struggling hard to clear them before we get into 2014.

Check the month of manufacture for the Fiesta being offered. If it didn't sell for 6+ months (Now with a whopping 1.7+L discount + special customer service from the Dealer), it isn't going to sell in the next 3 weeks A friend got a Fiesta TDCi Style @ 9.06L On-road in Chennai in November. It was a March-2013 manufactured car.

Probably you might get it even cheaper in Jan-14. Or may use the time to make up your mind.
It is manufactured in Aug 2013. The VIN number is starting with DGXXXX, I don't have the rest of the numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Other members might have already suggested but how long do you intend to retain the car? If its anything in excess of 6-7 yrs then resale value is hardly a big consideration because any good car by end of that period depreciates quite a bit and the price difference wont be as large to make you change your mind today. Consider you are saving 1.4L today on fiesta and selling it for 1L less 7 yrs later.

Only negative i see on fiesta would be the back seat comfort, I hardly find it the place to be in. Other than that its a competitive product despite the fact that it turned out to be market dud due to poor pricing.
The plan is to keep it for more than 5 years. I believe after 5 years it doesn't make a difference in resale of EcoSport/Fiesta. May be some little more for EcoSport but negligible(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
I believe your original decision to go with Ford was since you wanted a SUV and the Ecosport was considered one of the hottest in that segment.
Now that you are contemplating a Sedan, why are you stuck with Ford? Why don't you look at others in that segment (the 2014 City/Verna/Rapid/Vento/Sunny/Scala). You would have lot more options thant just the Duster and Ecosport.
All the models mentioned by you will shoot above my budget. I want a car with all the safety features, so considering that the above models may cost more than 10L and I'm not willing to spend more than 9 L now.
Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 12:37   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
IshaanIan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,439
Thanked: 3,138 Times
Default Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
I agree about Amaze. When you are getting a higher segment vehicle for 9 L why settle for Amaze? I've already made up my mind now. Going to talk to dealer today or tomorrow and will try to bargain more and seal the deal. Enough of re-sale mantra for me, I'm now leaving that behind
Great to know

It really does feel good; starting off my weekend, knowing that I (perhaps not solely) have helped someone make a major decision and make the right one at that.

Ciao!

Last edited by IshaanIan : 6th December 2013 at 12:39.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 13:52   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
W.A.G.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,096
Thanked: 731 Times
Arrow Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

For all practical purposes, I think the Fiesta would be a better choice for you as against the EcoSport. It's neck-to-neck contest between these two cars. In the end, just listen to what your mind says and what you like the most!
P.S: The Kinetic blue colour in the Fiesta looks really good!
W.A.G.7 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXi 60,000 kms. review / Still fida over the fiesta Sugeeta Long-Term Ownership Reviews 60 29th September 2015 12:18
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford Fiesta 1.4D ZXi Ownership Woes. EDIT : REPLACEMENT FIESTA. Pics on Pg. 5 Mad Monkey Long-Term Ownership Reviews 105 3rd March 2010 15:26
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:52.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks