Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

View Poll Results: EcoSport Titanium TDCI vs New Fiesta Style TDCI
EcoSport Titanium TDCI 71 52.21%
New Fiesta Style TDCI 65 47.79%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6th December 2013, 14:29   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
Yes, Fiesta came as an option because I booked EcoSport earlier. I'm getting good deal on it and immediate delivery too. I'm not sure if I would get the safety features for 10 L in the cars mentioned by you (Vento, Rapid, Linea). Honda City Diesel would be too out of budget.

I don't know what will happen next. May be Amaze!!
Well did not want to confuse you but you can get Rapid Ambition at 9,34,574 (Ex SHowroom), i believe after year end discounts you can get it in 10 Lac+-50k range.

I know choosing a car especially first one is not easy

Last edited by Passiautonate : 6th December 2013 at 14:42.
Passiautonate is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 15:16   #47
BHPian

God has other plans.. My preferred colors Red and Sea grey are out. White/Blue/Chill are available which are not to my liking. Checked with other dealers and they are saying forget about the color, the variant itself is sold out.

So with a heavy heart I'm keeping Fiesta aside and will look for other options :(
Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 15:36   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So with a heavy heart I'm keeping Fiesta aside and will look for other options :(
May be thats nature's way of telling you to stick to your Ecosport booking.

BTW if you are that keen on the Fiesta then you can try picking up the car from a neighbouring state/cities perhaps. There must be plenty lying around. Also are you sure you wanna give up on the car you like just one the basis of colour?
drmohitg is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 15:41   #49

Quote:
God has other plans.. My preferred colors Red and Sea grey are out. White/Blue/Chill are available which are not to my liking. Checked with other dealers and they are saying forget about the color, the variant itself is sold out.

Modi ford dealer says he has sea grey with him. Red he can't confirm right now. So if you are interested give me a call.
Dhanan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 15:49   #50
BHPian

Lightbulb Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

If I were you, I would wait for the fiesta face lift to come in. Considering that the new Fiesta is a terrible failure and the good-selling-classic is a dying model, Ford does not have a credible sedan offering to take on the competitors. In my expectation, Ford guys would have dried their brain out to make the Fiesta face lift a blockbuster hit. So have patience, it's coming! It will be well worth the wait.
ganeshsp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 15:54   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Other members might have already suggested but how long do you intend to retain the car? If its anything in excess of 6-7 yrs then resale value is hardly a big consideration because any good car by end of that period depreciates quite a bit and the price difference wont be as large to make you change your mind today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
If the plan is to keep the car for 5 years or more, better don’t bother about the resale.
Guys, honestly, I find this line of thought ridiculous. Resale is resale; however old the car, a market success will always enjoy greater residual than a flop.

Try selling a Honda City vs Maruti Baleno in the market today and you'll see a difference of 1.2 - 1.5 lakhs. The difference between a Corolla and the old Elantra can work more than that.

Plus, selling a car no one wants entails a LOT more effort & time. My '05 Indigo sold in 24 hours, with multiple interested parties. My brother's 05 Ikon 1.6 took close to 6 weeks, and you could count the number of interested buyers on one hand.

Don't know about you, but more money even at the end of 7 years does make a difference to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Now that you are contemplating a Sedan, why are you stuck with Ford? Why don't you look at others in that segment (the 2014 City/Verna/Rapid/Vento/Sunny/Scala). You would have lot more options thant just the Duster and Ecosport.
Very good point! If diesel, I'd put the Vento / Rapid TDIs at the top of the list, though the City diesel might just be worth the wait.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 15:59   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
May be thats nature's way of telling you to stick to your Ecosport booking.

BTW if you are that keen on the Fiesta then you can try picking up the car from a neighbouring state/cities perhaps. There must be plenty lying around. Also are you sure you wanna give up on the car you like just one the basis of colour?
I'm not willing to go that far and get disappointed if color of my choice is not available. And I think if I'm not getting a choice of my color then I cannot compromise on having a color that I don't like as it is going to stay with me for another 5-6 years. Hence the decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanan View Post
Modi ford dealer says he has sea grey with him. Red he can't confirm right now. So if you are interested give me a call.
Strange that Mody is saying Sea Gray is available. I hope it is Style Diesel 2013 variant. Sorry, but I cannot find your previous post with your number. My number is 9885073532, please SMS me your number

Last edited by Apple : 6th December 2013 at 16:01. Reason: Typo
Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 17:52   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, honestly, I find this line of thought ridiculous. Resale is resale; however old the car, a market success will always enjoy greater residual than a flop.

Try selling a Honda City vs Maruti Baleno in the market today and you'll see a difference of 1.2 - 1.5 lakhs. The difference between a Corolla and the old Elantra can work more than that.

Plus, selling a car no one wants entails a LOT more effort & time. My '05 Indigo sold in 24 hours, with multiple interested parties. My brother's 05 Ikon 1.6 took close to 6 weeks, and you could count the number of interested buyers on one hand.
GTO I dont agree with you on this particular case. The decision point is comparing fiesta vs Ecosport in which case buying a Ecosport means a higher investment of 1.5 lacs upfront which would pretty much negate the resale benefit that you get 7 years down the line. In another line of thinking, 1.5 lacs saved today well invested will result in more output 7 years down the line and reduce the resale loss.

Another point to consider is connected to a purchaser requirement. An example, I bought a Ikon in 2004 when my main decision was Ikon vs Accent. Everyone discouraged me from buying Ikon primarily due to lower fuel avg and poor resale compared to an accent. But I connected to Ikon as a driver instantly and didnt enjoy accent much. Knowing I would own the car for 7+ yrs I chose the car that would be more fun to drive rather than compromising on what I love just for some money gained on resale 7yrs down the line. That's another perspective to think about.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 18:10   #54
BHPian

Arrow Re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

I was the one that voted the equalizer the 41st vote for the Ford Fiesta TCDi Style.
You ask why well:
1. This is your first car so go in for a sedan as this is the age you can enjoy a low slung sedan.That's what my dad keeps telling me. (P.S.I'm not old,just 19!!)
2. The Fiesta is definitely better than the Ecosport with respect to ride ,handling & Steering feel. After all whats the use of spending a Million bucks on a Ford that does'nt drive or feel like a Ford?
3. The new fiesta is a ridiculously exclusive car on the roads, so go on be different. PLEASE!!

EDIT: Just noticed you had/have decided on the Fiesta.

Last edited by Shanksta : 6th December 2013 at 18:12.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 18:34   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Don't know about you, but more money even at the end of 7 years does make a difference to me.
Valid points indeed. You mentioned your brother’s Ikon 1.6 took close to 6 weeks to get a buyer, infact for my 9 year old Ikon 1.6, I waited for 6 months+ to get a buyer who could match the price which I was looking for

It’s not to say that money is not important. Good resale value is nice to have, but it’s a choice to make a car which makes you happy every time you drive it v/s something which can fetch you a good resale price after 5-6 years. Unfortunately, we don’t have many choices which fulfill both the criteria. An i20 or a Liva may fetch better resale than the Polo GT TDI/TSI twins, and it always get to that head v/s heart debate
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 19:08   #56
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Suggest you wait for the EcoSport or go for another vehicle but not the Fiesta

1) Bluetooth and USB are indeed essential today. For me at least in a new vehicle where the integrated HU will be retained.
2) EcoSport is more practical
3) EcoSport will retain value much much better than the Fiesta
4) A new Fiesta is expected next year with a face lift and a much better price point to start off with (should be better than the EcoSport then). Also the booking rush should be much lesser so would make sense getting that one when it comes out if one likes the fiesta.- But again in Titanium or better trim.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 20:48   #57
BHPian

If you are in Ford's camp, given numerous other options, I guess you must like to drive.

Given that, Fiesta's handling is stellar, and has brilliant ride quality.

I have a Fiesta TDCi Titanium+ (also the new Honda City (for my parents, mostly)). Fiesta gives me a great drive everytime I take it, and is beautiful in corners. The only car within 12-13L range which is more fun is Tjet.

I haven't driven an EcoSport, but the universal gripe is that steering is Hyundai'esque.

So, if you don't need the SUV look or big ground clearance, you'll be happier in a Fiesta. I am.
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 22:41   #58
Senior - BHPian

My take is that Ford is pushing fiesta to the Ecosport aspirants who can not wait. The mouth watering discounts and promptness in serving fiesta can be seen in any dealership.

I wont be surprised the car is discontinued soon enough once the delivery period of the car reduces.

BTW buying a popular car not only means better resale but also better availability of spares and after sales. A discontinued product will have problems in these aspects. Although I don't see much problem in this particular case as the Ecosports sales will ensure continued spares availability.

Be practical and make a sensible decision. As it is there is no deal breaking differences between the two.
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 23:01   #59
BHPian

I have driven both, the new fiesta's scores in term of ride quality and handling, cruise control (it may seem useless, but its really useful) and a larger boot. That grey plastic on the fiesta is terrible. Stick with the Ecosport for now for rest of the features and a practical city car.
sansvk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 23:19   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

GTO, you do know that you just compared the resale value of a Maruti vs Honda and Hyundai vs Toyota yeah? I don't think there will be such a major difference in the resale value of the two definitely not enough to offset the discount he is getting right now
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote