Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?


View Poll Results: EcoSport Titanium TDCI vs New Fiesta Style TDCI
EcoSport Titanium TDCI 71 52.21%
New Fiesta Style TDCI 65 47.79%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2013, 22:07   #1
BHPian
 
Apple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Need experts advise to clear my confusion over EcoSport Titanium vs New Fiesta Style.

I've booked EcoSport Trend TDCI on 21 Oct but after seeing some of the recent threads and posts in team-bhp I seriously thought of having safety features in my first car. Since Trend doesn't have airbags upgraded my booking to Titanium TDCI. Waiting period quoted for Titanium TDCI is 8 months but SA confirmed that my waiting period will be considered from original date of booking even though I've upgraded to higher variant. Hope that is true.

Coming to the point, when I visited showroom today to upgrade my booking got to know that new Fiesta TDCI Style is selling for INR 9.42 L OTR (Hyderabad) + some scratch card offer. I'm now contemplating to go with new Fiesta as the engine is same in both EcoSport and Fiesta. Below are the key differentiators:

EcoSport Titanium over New Fiesta Style

1. Bluetooth (Must have)
2. USB Audio (Must have)(Glaring omission by Ford, I would have preferred USB & Bluetooth instead of Cruise control)
3. Voice commands
4. Alloy wheels
5. 200mm GC
6. SUV stance

New Fiesta Style over EcoSport Titanium

1. Ready delivery vs odd 6 more months waiting
2. 9.42 L OTR vs 10.7 L OTR. EcoSport price may further increase by 50K
3. Cruise control
4. Better handling (Yet to test drive Fiesta but this is what I can make from the reviews)
5. 23.5 Kmpl 22.7 Kmpl
6. 78 BHP/Ton vs 72 BHP/Ton & 177 NM/Ton vs 163 NM/Ton (Negligible)
7. 430 litre boot vs 362 litre boot

This will be my first car and will be used mostly for daily office commute and occasional weekend getaways.

I'm not able to decide so requesting the experts here to bail me out

Last edited by Apple : 4th December 2013 at 22:15. Reason: Corrections
Apple is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 23:48   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
IshaanIan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,434
Thanked: 3,131 Times
Default re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

If you can, please go in for the Titanium + model of the Fiesta
Comes with Alloys, Electrically foldable ORVMs and Voice Commands.

No regrets eh
IshaanIan is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 00:03   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

If you require massive Ground Clearance, the Ecosport makes sense. Otherwise, I feel the fiesta is better. It has even scored better in the safety crash ratings as per a report in our forum.
jvm_1986 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 00:40   #4
BHPian
 
Apple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
If you can, please go in for the Titanium + model of the Fiesta Comes with Alloys, Electrically foldable ORVMs and Voice Commands. No regrets eh
Thank you IshaanIan for the suggestion. I feel Fiesta Titanium + is not VFM as the price difference between Style and Titanium + is almost INR 1.4 L. And the extra features offered in Titanium + are not really needed for me except for the Bluetooth. For the missing Bluetooth, I've just found some alternatives like Jabra Tour/Drive which can be clipped to sun visor and can also be controlled by voice.
Apple is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 00:41   #5
BHPian
 
vinya_jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 342
Thanked: 163 Times
Default re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Do you see a reason why you would need the ecosport over the Fiesta, other than the feature set?
Do you like driving a taller vehicle?

If not, do go with the Fiesta, which handles better, rides better, has similar luggage space, has decent ground clearance, all features, and really looks awesome in white.

If anything, an update is on the cards, but would not harm the spare prices as the new Fiesta would share a lot of the parts with the older one.
vinya_jag is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 00:51   #6
BHPian
 
satan's_valet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: TN09/KA04
Posts: 313
Thanked: 171 Times
Default re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Go with the Fiesta. If you are going to use your car for office drives and family outings, the wide back seat and bigger boot of Fiesta will definitely come in handy.

But if your heart is set on Ecosport and you don't mind the waiting period, then I'll suggest you wait. I'd rather wait than regret later.
satan's_valet is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 00:59   #7
BHPian
 
Apple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
Do you see a reason why you would need the ecosport over the Fiesta, other than the feature set?
Thank you vinya_jag for the valuable suggestion.

That's a tough question that you asked . The reason might be - relatively new vehicle and the SUV fever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
Do you like driving a taller vehicle? If not, do go with the Fiesta, which handles better, rides better, has similar luggage space, has decent ground clearance, all features, and really looks awesome in white. If anything, an update is on the cards, but would not harm the spare prices as the new Fiesta would share a lot of the parts with the older one.
There is no particular preference for taller vehicles, like I mentioned it's just the SUV fever.
I'm taking the Fiesta test drive tomorrow and will confirm it if the steering feel is similar to what I've noticed in EcoSport. Regarding colour I'm more inclined towards Red. Personally checked red, Gray and chill colours and liked red the most. White is not available in stockyard.

Thanks again for your inputs.
Apple is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 01:02   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
IshaanIan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,434
Thanked: 3,131 Times
Default re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
Thank you IshaanIan for the suggestion. I feel Fiesta Titanium + is not VFM as the price difference between Style and Titanium + is almost INR 1.4 L. And the extra features offered in Titanium + are not really needed for me except for the Bluetooth. For the missing Bluetooth, I've just found some alternatives like Jabra Tour/Drive which can be clipped to sun visor and can also be controlled by voice.
True. If you don't mind the lack of small things like leather seats, getting a Sun Visor mounted Bluetooth alternative (might I suggest the Jabra Freeway, best sound quality you will get from such a device), and the Style doesn't skimp on safety kit, then go for it! You can install bluetooth and alloys later for a third of 1.4L

The Fiesta is afterall, less claustrophobic on the inside, handles better (one of the best eps units), rides better, has no GC issues and also is innately safer being a sedan.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 5th December 2013 at 01:03.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 01:08   #9
BHPian
 
Apple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Go with the Fiesta. If you are going to use your car for office drives and family outings, the wide back seat and bigger boot of Fiesta will definitely come in handy. But if your heart is set on Ecosport and you don't mind the waiting period, then I'll suggest you wait. I'd rather wait than regret later.
Thanks satan's_valet for your inputs. Until yesterday my heart and mind were fixed to EcoSport. But the price advantage (₹ 1.5 L) and immediate delivery offered on Fiesta style variant changed my decision. I'm sure I will not regret my decision if at all I go with Fiesta, because I'm not making a compromise on the features I'm looking for
Apple is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 01:31   #10
BHPian
 
Apple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
True. If you don't mind the lack of small things like leather seats, getting a Sun Visor mounted Bluetooth alternative (might I suggest the Jabra Freeway, best sound quality you will get from such a device), and the Style doesn't skimp on safety kit, then go for it! You can install bluetooth and alloys later for a third of 1.4L The Fiesta is afterall, less claustrophobic on the inside, handles better (one of the best eps units), rides better, has no GC issues and also is innately safer being a sedan.
Thank you IshaanIan for more inputs. Your suggestions are definitely going to make my decision easy. I'll update the thread tomorrow with my final decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvm_1986 View Post
If you require massive Ground Clearance, the Ecosport makes sense. Otherwise, I feel the fiesta is better. It has even scored better in the safety crash ratings as per a report in our forum.
Thank you jvm_1986 for your inputs. Hyderabad roads are bad but I guess Fiesta GC can handle the potholes without any effort.

Last edited by GTO : 5th December 2013 at 15:13. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Apple is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 07:40   #11
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,691
Thanked: 3,865 Times
Default re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
EcoSport Titanium over New Fiesta Style
The Fiesta is due for a facelift, it looks much better than the current one, and probably would have ironed out some of the deficiencies of the current model.

I would say, stay on with the Ecosport booking and if the facelifted Fiesta comes through during your wait for Ecosport, you can probably make the switch then.
vb-san is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 09:09   #12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,479
Thanked: 3,623 Times
Default re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

The new Fiesta has been a market dud and so whatever discount you are getting will be offset by the extremely poor resale value that the car will have. If you are ready to live with that then without a doubt the Fiesta would be much more fun to drive and probably more spacious too. Afterall the Ecosport is just a hatch designed to look otherwise.
Also if you decide to pick up the Fiesta then do so in January since the discounts will be much higher. The dealers will have ample stock of the Fiesta and would be more than willing to offer you an even better deal.
drmohitg is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 09:52   #13
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 4,043
Thanked: 7,367 Times
Default re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Apple, I urge you to drive both cars before taking a decision.

The underpinning of both cars are the same. But I found the new Fiesta TDCi to be more fun to drive compared to the EcoSport TDCi. The steering and the low center of gravity clearly helps here. Between the two, I would buy the Fiesta, in black. Also, if you can wait a little longer, the face lifted Fiesta will be a better choice as vb-san points out.

Also, please note the Fiesta will fetch you much less than the EcoSport in the used car market in near term. I don't know how long are you intending to keep the car. Happy shopping!
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 11:25   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

My vote goes to EcoSport for its practicality. It ticks both of your needs, daily commuter and weekend getaway. Plus reasonably good resale value considering the current scene. Main let down according to me is the boot space, budget for a Thule carrier for your weekend getaways if 5 passengers are there .

Last edited by GTO : 5th December 2013 at 15:15. Reason: Please do NOT use acronyms when referring to cars
jacs is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 11:45   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,120
Thanked: 862 Times
Default re: Ford: EcoSport vs Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I would say, stay on with the Ecosport booking and if the facelifted Fiesta comes through during your wait for Ecosport, you can probably make the switch then.
I think this would be the best thing to do. That way you hedge your bets. If the facelift comes during your wait and is to your liking you could go in for the Fiesta. In any case you won't be going wrong if you take the Ecosport - it will retain its market value better plus you get all the features you need.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXi 60,000 kms. review / Still fida over the fiesta Sugeeta Long-Term Ownership Reviews 60 29th September 2015 12:18
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford Fiesta 1.4D ZXi Ownership Woes. EDIT : REPLACEMENT FIESTA. Pics on Pg. 5 Mad Monkey Long-Term Ownership Reviews 105 3rd March 2010 15:26
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:58.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks