Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 2nd September 2014, 23:16   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Xcent S(O) AT has ABS but no airbags and it it priced at around 7.55 Lakh as per the price list I have from one dealer near my home. It misses some good to have features like reverse camera, automatic climate control, push button start and few others.
All these are available in SX(O) AT along with 2 airbags and that price is 8.6Lakh.

Sorry if I am sounding irresponsible but I as of now am feeling grand i10 to be a better option. I actually do not really need a very big sedan boot and I can do with a decent boot that any usual hatchback gives.

Being first time car buyer, I want to be least bothered about getting car services and availability of parts and such and hence I am sort of inclined towards Hyundai. Also I have no intention to sell car in like couple of years but want to keep for decent amount of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
I'd suggest a car that has ABS in the least, since you have a decent budget.
It comes into play everyday on our roads irrespective whether you drive 100 kms or 1000 kms.

As some one suggested earlier, why not consider the Dzire AT, it has ABS as he mentioned, any reason for you to give it a miss, with Maruti you'd enjoy a hassle free ownership experience too, alternately look at the Xcent with ABS, an able competitor.

If Grand does not have ABS I wouldn't vote for it, reverse camera can easily be fitted at an accessory shop for about 10k without much complications and regarding start stop button, it is a good to have feature but quite fancy at that, I mean not mandatory, a twist with the key does equally well.
Okay ACC, but ABS is infinitely more important than ACC.
s_pphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2014, 17:15   #137

Quote:
Please try posting an Initial ownership review (with lots of pics :P). I am also at crossroads of which automatic hatchback to buy and am thoroughly confused. Mine is gonna be city driving but my heart doesn't want to exclude safety features from the car.

Hi,

Its been 2 weeks and am quite happy with my Nissan Mirca. My wife uses it mostly and must say, it fits the bill in terms of what we wanted for. You cannot expect it to take off in a big way given the CVT so no matter how hard you hit the pedal, it will move at its pace. The mileage also seems to be low (7.7 kmpl - but its only been 200 odd kms so thats an early judgement). Otherwise, for stop and go traffic, its fantastic. Also, its feature backed and everything you can expect from a C segment car is surely here. Last but not least, its safe...so I recommend it positively
mvkrishnan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2014, 20:09   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry guys for doing a complete U Turn. We talked within the family and have dropped plan to buy a second hand car. We are all new to cars and don't really want to take any chances. Also since being novice drivers, we want to go for a hatchback or maximum a small sedan (under 4 meter ones).
So yes we are back to square one.

The following are being considered for now...

1. Honda Brio VX AT

2. Nissan Micra CVT

3. Grand i10 AT Asta
Had I read this earlier, I would've pitched in much sooner. If you are not a hardcore enthusiast, go for the Nissan Micra CVT. Absolute gem of a car, loaded with features, space, character in its design, and safety. Most importantly, it is the easiest car I have ever had the privilege to drive. As long as you can figure out Nissan A.S.S., the Micra is the car for you. Mileage will soon begin to astound you once you learn how to drive the CVT (ease into it instead of stomping on the pedal)
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2014, 20:20   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Had I read this earlier, I would've pitched in much sooner. If you are not a hardcore enthusiast, go for the Nissan Micra CVT. Absolute gem of a car, loaded with features, space, character in its design, and safety. Most importantly, it is the easiest car I have ever had the privilege to drive. As long as you can figure out Nissan A.S.S., the Micra is the car for you. Mileage will soon begin to astound you once you learn how to drive the CVT (ease into it instead of stomping on the pedal)
Thanks for the reply. We did TD the Micra CVT and yes it is a good car. But I am super concerned about the A.S.S. Although I am in a metro like Mumbai, I am still having doubts. Also the Indian in me somethings thinks..
At 7.6 Lakh I can get a micra hatchback and at the same price I can get a small sedan like Hyundai Xcent S(AT).
Yes I understand that I lose out of the airbags part and some "nice to have" features. But being first time car owner, I want totally tension free ownership and at this point I feel it is Maruti, Hyundai and probably Honda which can provide me that.
But Brio VX AT is already ruled out by family and amaze is like a lot expensive for what it offers.
We are in no hurry so I am just absorbing information.
Also I read something on economic times that by this year end, we can expect some usual cars to come with AMT or automatics.
Any idea about this ?
raksrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2014, 21:16   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. We did TD the Micra CVT and yes it is a good car. But I am super concerned about the A.S.S. Although I am in a metro like Mumbai, I am still having doubts. Also the Indian in me somethings thinks..
I have heard some bad stories about Nissan A.S.S. in other cities too. However, from my personal experience, they were okay to deal with in Hyderabad. I'm sure you have a car enthusiast buddy; find the best nissan dealership, and have it serviced there. Besides, the car itself is extremely reliable
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 11:55   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post

Greetings to all!!

I currently own a fluidic Verna and need a second car in the household. Below are my requirements:

Must have:
  • The car will be used primarily by my wife for city runs in Bangalore with occasional highway trips. Hence it should be nimble, easy to drive, park etc.
  • Good mileage - "kitna deti hai" is a key criteria

With the above set of requirements, I could shortlist only 3 candidates: A-star automatic, Celerio AMT & Grand i10 automatic.
Hi Guys,

An update from my side. Things have changed a lot since I started looking for a new car. We moved to new house 4 months back where we have just 1 car park. I started looking for an additional car based on the communication from the builder that we should be able to get an additional car park slot after paying an amount. We have been trying to get the additional slot for 3-4 months now but it looks difficult at the moment due to a sudden surge in demand for second car park slot in my apartment.

So, now I am left with no choice but to drop my hunt for the new car for time being. Thanks a lot for all your valuable comments.

Wish others all the best in their car search

Last edited by champ27 : 10th September 2014 at 12:02. Reason: fixed typos
champ27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 16:22   #142

I have been using my new Nissan Micra AT CVT for the last 45-60 days and must say it is a very comfortable car.

Positives:
1 SAFE (with 2 Airbags and ABS)
2 Very very very easy to drive. My wife is very comfortable thanks to this
3 Feature packed with all possible bells and whistles

Negatives
1 While the gear (thanks to CVT) is butter smooth and you never feel the gear shigts (unlike most other ATs), it can be a bit boring for the enthusiastic lot. So if you are looking for fun-to-drive factor, stay away. But for people who want a comfortable hassle free drive, I think it works perfect
2 Bit on the expensive side but again, no car which is priced cheaper has all the features that it boasts of

Full marks from me and am happy with the buy
mvkrishnan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 19:47   #143
BHPian

Default Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

We too drove the Nissan Micra CVT and loved it but I always keep reading about not so good ASS and hence we stopped considering it. I know it is loaded and has safety features too.
I am talking about Mumbai here.
Anyways with a baby in family now, we may drop plan of a hatch and go for a pseudo sedan like Xcent or something whenever we decide to buy one.
Really feel crappy that automatic car seekers have so less options.

Last edited by raksrules : 15th October 2014 at 19:48.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 18:26   #144
BHPian

I am looking to buy a automatic car for my dad.
Trying to decide between Grand i10 AT vs Celerio AMT .

can someone tell me if i10 AT has really bad mileage?

celerio AMT mileage shd be equal to Manual mileage I assume.

Any other car that you can recommend other than these two?
Requirement is a hatchback, easy to maintain and drive in city .... hence looking at automatic hatchbacks.

Last edited by neotraveller : 16th August 2016 at 18:30.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 09:51   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I am looking to buy a automatic car for my dad.
Trying to decide between Grand i10 AT vs Celerio AMT .

can someone tell me if i10 AT has really bad mileage?

celerio AMT mileage shd be equal to Manual mileage I assume.

Any other car that you can recommend other than these two?
Requirement is a hatchback, easy to maintain and drive in city .... hence looking at automatic hatchbacks.
With the recent reduction in prices, I would strongly suggest you to take a serious look at the Ford Figo. Loaded to the brim with safety and features, you wont go wrong on this one if you plan to own it for a long time.
an_and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 09:54   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
With the recent reduction in prices, I would strongly suggest you to take a serious look at the Ford Figo.
There was no drop in the AT prices.
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 10:02   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
There was no drop in the AT prices.
Oh! I was unaware of that. Thank you for pointing out. When I was looking to buy an AT, I was quoted total discounts close to 50K on the AT. Price cuts or not, I believe that discounts are there to be negotiated.

But the on road might still be higher than a lakh against the Grand i10.
an_and is offline   Reply With Quote