Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2014, 23:44   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 118
Thanked: 64 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
Just to remind you that old i10 AT asta too have all the safety features you are looking out for. But then again it is a generation old with a boring 4 speed AT. I have a sportz At version of i10.
Yes, I am aware of old i10. Since it's been in the market for a while now, was looking for a relatively newer product.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
I do not agree with this statement, rather I would like to look the otherway round, when I was planing to buy an A/T hatchback for my wife in 2011, I had only two choices. One was an i10 and the other was A-star.

Today, we have moved forward and we have confusion on choices, which automatic to buy? We have Celerio, Grand i10, Nissan Micra, Honda Brio, Ford Ecosport to list a few.
I don't dispute the above fact. My comment was more from availability at a particular price point perspective. I know the options have increased in the AT space if one is willing to shell out more.

Quote:
It is 6.39 approx, I will send you the exact breakup tomorrow morning as the quotation is in my office.
Thanks! Appreciate that.
Quote:
My experience with Maruti dealers in Delhi is that arrogance rules them the moment a new model is launched and is seen in demand.

I had gone to a leading Maruti dealer in Delhi "Rohan Motors" for Celerio and it was too tough a task to get a test ride.
Well to be honest I haven't experienced any arrogance for the dealer here. Pratham Motors at Bellandur have always been very polite and sensitive to my requirements. Used to get my old Wagon R serviced at their center for close to 6 yrs without any hassle. I sensed a calm confidence rather than arrogance among their sales staff.I can imagine the dealers to get carried away with initial response as in your case in Delhi.
champ27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 00:16   #17
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,103
Thanked: 12,448 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

If you are OK with Used cars then have a look at the Hyundai i20 1.4P AT that ticks most of the boxes.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 10:34   #18
BHPian
 
mints21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: India
Posts: 726
Thanked: 1,069 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
What was the OTR for Grand i10 Asta in Delhi?
The Ex-showroom Price of Grand Asta 1.2A/T is Rs. 5,83,183.00

Registration and Road Tax in Delhi is Rs. 28,156.00

Logistic Charges Rs. 6290.00

It totals to Rs. 6,17,629.00

Add another Rs. 20,000 approximately for 0% depreciation insurance. We are getting insurance done from Tata AIG through Bajaj Capital which is much cheaper from the one that is available at the showroom.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 21:21   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 118
Thanked: 64 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If you are OK with Used cars then have a look at the Hyundai i20 1.4P AT that ticks most of the boxes.

Anurag.
Not looking at the pre owned cars at the moment. Just want explore all possible options among the new cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
The Ex-showroom Price of Grand Asta 1.2A/T is Rs. 5,83,183.00

Registration and Road Tax in Delhi is Rs. 28,156.00

Logistic Charges Rs. 6290.00

It totals to Rs. 6,17,629.00
Wow 6.17 for Asta AT on road!! I checked with the Hyundai folks regarding the price of Asta AT. It's 7.10 on road. This massive difference may be primarily because of the outrageous road tax in Bangalore.

Below are the latest OTR for the following cars. I got these figures from the respective dealers today:

- Celerio AMT Vxi - 5.5 Lakh, No Airbags/ABS
- Grand i10 Asta 1.2- 7.10 Lakh, No Airbags/ ABS, most of the nice to haves available
- Grand i10 Sportz - 6.80 Lakh, No Airbags/ ABS
- Micra CVT - 7.99 Lakh, with Airbags & ABS and other features
- Brio AT - 7.50 Lakh, With Airbags & ABS and other features

So it's pretty clear now, if I want ABS/ Airbags, I will have to shell out atleast 7.50 Lakh. That's a good 2 lakhs more than celerio, from where I started. Tough decision at hand.
champ27 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 23:34   #20
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,103
Thanked: 12,448 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post
So it's pretty clear now, if I want ABS/ Airbags, I will have to shell out atleast 7.50 Lakh. That's a good 2 lakhs more than celerio, from where I started. Tough decision at hand.
I know it is not easy but to gain something you have to loose something.

Paying money is better than a life! You can recover the premium paid (2 lakhs) over the years but not a life!

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 12:48   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 126 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post
So it's pretty clear now, if I want ABS/ Airbags, I will have to shell out atleast 7.50 Lakh. That's a good 2 lakhs more than celerio, from where I started. Tough decision at hand.
The other option would be to compromise on the AT requirement. I pretty much started from where you are right now and ended up with a Grand i10 Asta MT. I somehow convinced my wife to make do with an MT .
yosbert is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 15:15   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 869 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post
Wow 6.17 for Asta AT on road!! I checked with the Hyundai folks regarding the price of Asta AT. It's 7.10 on road. This massive difference may be primarily because of the outrageous road tax in Bangalore.

Below are the latest OTR for the following cars. I got these figures from the respective dealers today:

- Celerio AMT Vxi - 5.5 Lakh, No Airbags/ABS
- Grand i10 Asta 1.2- 7.10 Lakh, No Airbags/ ABS, most of the nice to haves available
- Grand i10 Sportz - 6.80 Lakh, No Airbags/ ABS
- Micra CVT - 7.99 Lakh, with Airbags & ABS and other features
- Brio AT - 7.50 Lakh, With Airbags & ABS and other features

So it's pretty clear now, if I want ABS/ Airbags, I will have to shell out atleast 7.50 Lakh. That's a good 2 lakhs more than celerio, from where I started. Tough decision at hand.
My vote would be on the Brio AT at this moment.
Although major cost cutting is evident on the Brio (especially inside), that's the cheapest AT hatchback with all safety features.

P.S - I got my i10 Asta AT with ABS, Airbags and sunroof for 5.65 Lakh on road in 2009 - it seems price has increased by leaps and bounds, forcing manufacturers to cut down safety features.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 15:36   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
StarScream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 1,243
Thanked: 627 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post
Yes, I am aware of old i10. Since it's been in the market for a while now, was looking for a relatively newer product.
A small point here, the i10 maybe old but its a tried and tested product that will last you years and the AT box, although old, is extremely reliable. So much so that Hyundai uses it in almost every car they sell/sold - Santro, i10, i20, Verna, Grand i10.

The long-term reliability of the Celerio AMT is unknown.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 20:06   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 118
Thanked: 64 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Thanks all for your suggestions to help bail me out of this dilemma. Really appreciate it. Based on the suggestions made, I have also started looking at the pre-owned segment in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Paying money is better than a life! You can recover the premium paid (2 lakhs) over the years but not a life!

Anurag.
That's a scary statement man . I am anyway inline with your opinion on safety features hence this dilemma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
The other option would be to compromise on the AT requirement. I pretty much started from where you are right now and ended up with a Grand i10 Asta MT. I somehow convinced my wife to make do with an MT .
Hmm..it would have taken some convincing. Well, if we decide to ditch AT then a lot more options will open up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
My vote would be on the Brio AT at this moment.

P.S - I got my i10 Asta AT with ABS, Airbags and sunroof for 5.65 Lakh on road in 2009 - it seems price has increased by leaps and bounds, forcing manufacturers to cut down safety features.
Brio AT does seem to be the best bet if I manage to cough up additional 2 Lakh. Yes, the prices have easily gone up by a lakh or so from 2009.The same car is 6.32 ex-showroom in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
A small point here, the i10 maybe old but its a tried and tested product that will last you years and the AT box, although old, is extremely reliable.

The long-term reliability of the Celerio AMT is unknown.
Agreed, Celerio AMT reliability is unknown but that's the same with any new product.

Regarding i10, I am somehow not able to convince myself to go for an old product. Things have moved on since the i10 days. no?

Last edited by champ27 : 25th February 2014 at 20:13.
champ27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 20:14   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,365
Thanked: 517 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post

Regarding i10, I am somehow not able to convince myself to go for an old product . BTW does old i10 come with the basic safety features like abs/airbags?
i10 AT Asta came with 2 airbags and ABS. It even had a sunroof . It may be a good idea to check if any unsold stock is still available.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 20:19   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 9,246
Thanked: 13,695 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
i10 AT Asta came with 2 airbags and ABS.
From NCAP crash test results the Indian built i10 is not structurally sound and scored Zero in rating.


Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 20:27   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,365
Thanked: 517 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
From NCAP crash test results the Indian built i10 is not structurally sound and scored Zero in rating.


Cheers!
Isn't that the case with all other hatches tested (Polo, Figo etc)? In that case the safety rating of Celerio (which doesn't even have ABS/airbags) and i10 grand is also unknown.

Last edited by Guna : 25th February 2014 at 20:37.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 20:35   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 9,246
Thanked: 13,695 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Isn't that the case with all hatches other tested (Polo, Figo etc)? In that case the safety rating of Celerio (which doesn't even have ABS/airbags) and i10 grand is also unknown.
Nope, Figo and Polo were structurally sound and failed due to lack of airbags only.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 20:41   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
StarScream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 1,243
Thanked: 627 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post
Regarding i10, I am somehow not able to convince myself to go for an old product. Things have moved on since the i10 days. no?
Well yes and no as far as things moving on is concerned. Sure you get DSGs and CVTs in hatches now but the reliability of a torque converter is still hard to beat. Don't forget that BMW and Mercedes cars still use torque converters, albeit 8- and 7-speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
From NCAP crash test results the Indian built i10 is not structurally sound and scored Zero in rating.


Cheers!
That was a base version without airbags. And as Guna said, it'll still be miles ahead of the Celerio.
StarScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 20:51   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 9,246
Thanked: 13,695 Times
Default re: Maruti Celerio AMT or Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
That was a base version without airbags. And as Guna said, it'll still be miles ahead of the Celerio.

Base version of i10 does'nt differ structurally from the higher variant. even with aitbags it would get the Zero rating (NCAP)

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMT Failure in my Maruti Celerio! EDIT: Issue resolved sandeep_vgl Technical Stuff 68 15th July 2017 03:16
Maruti Swift vs Hyundai Grand i10 Sherlocked Hatchbacks 185 6th July 2016 12:23
Maruti: Alto K10 AMT vs Celerio AMT pahwa Hatchbacks 54 5th October 2015 22:49
Maruti to offer Automated Manual ("EZdrive") in small cars*EDIT: Celerio AMT launched tj123 The Indian Car Scene 491 28th March 2014 20:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks