| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|27th July 2017, 14:22||#256|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked: 939 Times
Re: What was your car's actual resale?
Had booked an Alto, but when I heard a relative selling his santro, cancelled the Alto booking.
1. Car (with version): Santro 1999 model (without PS) bought in 2005 from a relative
2. Approx Kms run while selling: 72k (35k when bought)
3. Car's overall condition as per you: Poor. Excellent engine, lots of dings and scratches, water dripping from the roof during rains.
4. No. of Owners while selling: 4 (First car )
5. City of Selling: Mumbai
6. Sell Price: Rs. 65,000 (bought for 125k)
7. Sold to Individual. Sold in 2008
Was my first car, bought from a close relative and condition was good. Only problem, I did not check anything. Fact that my uncle himself was taken for a ride and he never realized. Lot of work was done on the car before he bought and he did not know. During my usage, lot of POP or lambi started coming off and I realized the extent of work that was done on its exteriors.
But the car that it was, it never gave any problems as such. Quite a workhorse.
1. Car (with version): Palio GTX 2002 (bought in 2008)
2. Approx Kms run while selling: 49k (15k when bought)
3. Car's overall condition as per you: Good. Excellent engine, one dent on the bonnet, hardly any scratches, chiller of an AC
4. No. of Owners while selling: 2
5. City of Selling: Pune
6. Sell Price: Rs. 55,000 (bought for 160k)
7. Sold to Individual. Sold in Dec 2016
Was difficult to sell it but had to let it go due to its age.
Above two posts also show how beneficial it is to buy used cars. Unfortunately my family had only one condition this time. Whatever you buy, buy new. So I ended up buying a new i20 in Jan 2017.
Last edited by vinit.merchant : 27th July 2017 at 14:47.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?||normally_crazy||The Indian Car Scene||5138||1st July 2018 18:03|
|Tyre Size and the actual meaning behind it||dhananjay||Tyre & Alloy wheel Section||1||24th August 2006 11:06|