Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 13th March 2018, 18:01   #241
Default Re: Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)

Originally Posted by AutoSphere View Post
How about the I10 automatic? Mileage is a bit low, but it drives very well. In any case it is way ahead of AMT.
Yes, a good option indeed. Low mileage can be a challenge though if your daily run is high. Comes with torque converter gearbox which has excellent drivability. The only issue I see with the grand i10 and Xcent is the annoying issues with the ac. Our Grand i10 (including Xcents) suffers from hissing noise and frequent ac tripping. HASS has no clue about it and often terms it 'normal' which, ofcourse, isn't. You may read more about this issue on Team-BHP and other forums.
Col Mehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 21:46   #242
Default Re: Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)

Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Are AMT's so bad in Swift? I am planning to buy my first Automatic car (its for wife) and was planning to book Swift VXI AMT. However after reading through some of the comments below, i am now confused. Yes test drive will help, but since its my first Auto car, i might not be able to make much comparison between AMT and CVT. Also this car will be used 2-3 times a week only as my wife works from home most of the time. Dont want to buy manual as my wife wants to get used of Auto as the primary car of the family would soon be a new XUV or Endy (both Auto).

I can stretch my budget a little and go for Baleno CVT, but i feel it looks OLD. Swift is fresh and saves me around 80K.

What to do?
Switching from a hatch to suv in the future, might not be a easy transition.
If you are not averse to take a preowned route, an AT sedan is an option.
Amt certainly is inferior compared to other forms of automatic.
As you TD swift amt and a Baleno cvt, you will immediately realise it.
Honda Brio if you still want a Hatch. Jazz if a bigger hatch.
greendream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2018, 23:06   #243
Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hopefully the above post would have given readers a good picture on the types of transmissions, the available cars and variants, and key technical specification.
Can we expect a 2018 version of Automatic Cars under Rs.10 Lakhs (ex-showroom) anytime soon? Would love to know how to Automatic car market has evolved in these past years compared to when you started this thread. With ever increasing vehicular numbers in many cities, automatics are the need of the hour, and many people including me are on a lookout for automatics as their next vehicle.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote