Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 6th January 2017, 06:20   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Which car for an Uber / Ola taxi?

Okay guys, since I am into this business since a couple of months and with a couple of cars (all Wagon R), so I can consider myself a but qualified for replying to this thread. The main point of consideration in this business is 'driver', only he can make or break the business.

None of my cars ply in Ola, nor I am interested in Ola any more. If your driver is working say 24*7, they simply start finding excuses for cutting your incentive.

Coming to Uber, it has a better set of customers, rides are lesser in uber as compared to Ola but earnings are going to be same, more or less.

Get good drivers and you can expect to save 15-20k a month after removing all the expenses. With a good driver, the daily average in my case is around 2k per day per car. Now deduct 400-500 per day of CNG, 1500 per month for MCD tax, 8000 per month per car as EMI, 16k a month for driver salary and an an average 3000 a month for maintenance. Calculate it and you are all good to go; only condition is that the driver is good and honest.
VKumar is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2017, 17:50   #62
BHPian

Post Re: Which car for an Uber / Ola taxi?

Does Ola/Uber have any CNG taxis in Bangalore? I haven't observed any WagonR CNG used as Ola or Uber Taxi in Bangalore yet. Maybe Maruti dealers are not allowing to register the car as a Taxi here.
Funny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Does Ola/Uber have any CNG taxis in Bangalore? I haven't observed any WagonR CNG used as Ola or Uber Taxi in Bangalore yet. Maybe Maruti dealers are not allowing to register the car as a Taxi here.
You are right of course. Currently, only the swift Dzire Tour is what the dealers offer for commercial registration from the Maruti stable, Amaze Diesel from Honda, Etios(a particular variant, not all) from Toyota(sedan, cross and hatch) and every car except the Tiago, Safari and Hexa from the Tata lineup.
TrailBlazer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 16:29   #64
BHPian

Smile Re: Which car for an Uber / Ola taxi?

Ya, that's the scene in Bangalore. I had been to a Maruti Dealership few days back and was enquiring about the taxi market and found out that they had the Celerio Diesel which was also available for the Taxi Market which is now discontinued for unknown reasons. Also the Ritz as we know is no longer available but there are speculations about the Ritz tour being launched for Taxi segment but they haven't got any official communication from MSIL about the dates though. Also asked them about CNG variants and they said that they don't have CNG variants coming in for Karnataka again for unknown reasons. So right now they are cashing-in with the Dzire Tour mainly in the taxi market.
Funny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2017, 14:04   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post

As per google , only one CNG outlet is available in Bangalore. This might be the main reason that cab aggregators are not interested in CNG variants and dealers are not stocking. Moreover the Karnataka state government is least concerned about pollution.

I took 10 uber rides ( 7 Hyundai xcent crdi, 1 dzire ddis,2 wagon R CNG ) in a week and was surprised by the number of xcent crdi plying on Mumbai roads. No wonder Hyundai Xcent sales are so high

Anyone knows how UBER driver registers diesel car in Mumbai ?
I was thinking that public transportation inside Mumbai should be registered as petrol/CNG.

Thanks,
Rahul
rahulskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 16:59   #66
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I'm looking for an AUTOMATIC diesel SEDAN to replace a Swift Dezire diesel which completed 2 years with Uber. The monthly usage would be about 8k kms. The incentives in my city are at an all time low so not looking for anything very expensive.

Please advise.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 19:23   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Guys, I'm looking for an AUTOMATIC diesel SEDAN to replace a Swift Dezire diesel which completed 2 years with Uber. The monthly usage would be about 8k kms. The incentives in my city are at an all time low so not looking for anything very expensive.

Please advise.
IMHO, you can go for Dzire automatic. Other than that you don't have much choice in compact diesel sedan except for Tata Zest.

One question though. Why are you replacing your existing car? Is it because of manual transmission or is it because the car is proving to be expensive to maintain or is there some other reason to it?

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 13th March 2017 at 19:24.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 10:55   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
IMHO, you can go for Dzire automatic. Other than that you don't have much choice in compact diesel sedan except for Tata Zest.

One question though. Why are you replacing your existing car? Is it because of manual transmission or is it because the car is proving to be expensive to maintain or is there some other reason to it?
Thank you for your advise.

Uber has come up with a new earnings scheme and the vehicle age also matters now.

The car is cheap to maintain compared to any other vehicle.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote