Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 25th May 2017, 10:01   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Used Car based on safety for 5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I would recommend a Corolla. Bulletproof engine, low maintenance and a pretty safe car.
I thought corolla could be a bit expensive to maintain. I can vouch for the toyota safety and build quality, but I heard old corolla's are a bit expensive to maintain.
girimajiananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 17:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I thought corolla could be a bit expensive to maintain. I can vouch for the toyota safety and build quality, but I heard old corolla's are a bit expensive to maintain.
Depends on how you look at it. Rarely anything would go wrong with the car so recurring expense will be pretty less compared to other pre-worshipped cars. Parts will be at par with ones of the same segment.
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 10:04   #18
BHPian

Hello Folks,
Need your valuable suggestions.
We are in the hunt of a second car and we already have a Ciaz ZDi+ May 2017 model. Intend to use the second one for 3 ~ 4 years
The second one needs to be an Automatic, Sedan and a used one with a budget up-to 8 lakhs
On our hunt in recent one week the most available ones in Bangalore are
2009 ~ 2012 Cruze LTZ
2010 ~ 2012 Honda City V CVT
2010 ~ 2013 Hyundai Verna 1.6 pertol / diesel

Looks like it is the best time to buy used Cruze but then we are worried on maintenance, is it worth the risk? Will serviceability be a problem even if Mahindra takes over.

On City - we haven't used a petrol car in our family yet, what will be the real mileage in Bangalore considering the fact we need to travel close to 40 Kms a day in Outer Ring Road? No doubt on reliability here.

On Verna - Both me and wife didn't really like the way the Transmission behaved. But is has a good refined engine though.

Please suggest what to pick or should we consider something else as well?
Thank you in advance.
Cheers!
treadmark is online now   Reply With Quote