Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 11th March 2018, 01:01   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
With my needs and driving styles what do you recommend?

I'm not too fussed about space, honestly.
Well, your needs and driving style definitely points towards Ecosport Tdci.

You'll enjoy the low end grunt on the diesel and you're not going to revving the nuts out of your car so the i-vtec is not even going to get started waking up and starting to have fun. Personally I'm totally in love with the i-vtec though. Just saying.
pixantz is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 09:05   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Honda City vs Ford EcoSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Well, your needs and driving style definitely points towards Ecosport Tdci.

You'll enjoy the low end grunt on the diesel and you're not going to revving the nuts out of your car so the i-vtec is not even going to get started waking up and starting to have fun. Personally I'm totally in love with the i-vtec though. Just saying.
Thanks. Unfortunately the TDCI isn't available in an automatic version. I wonder how the Petrol AT fares w.r.t my requirements?
qaqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 10:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
With my needs and driving styles what do you recommend?
There isn't one particular need of yours that stands out and helps in taking a clear decision between the two.. off the top of my head these are two very different cars and the differences are :

Build (in general harder shell, better insulation, glass, door weight etc) - EcoSport
F.E - Honda
Easier to sell - Honda (not talking about prices here, just easier to sell)
Higher position (easier for taller folks) - Ford
Better backseat - Honda
Service - on par
Comfort - Honda, both front and back once you sit inside.
Divability in Bangalore - Ecosport (that Honda Vtec to me is overrated, plus CVT) Not sure what transmission Ford has.. (TC or DCT?) but given the height the view will be better and hence easier in peak traffic.

Test drive both.. no recommendation from me where a stand-out compulsory requirement isn't mentioned. Once you drive 4-5 kms in both, just go with the heart.. do NOT look at money or resale at this point.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 11:00   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
There isn't one particular need of yours that stands out and helps in taking a clear decision between the two
+1

Ultimately, it just boils down to your preference: compact SUV or sedan.

Quote:
Divability in Bangalore - Ecosport (that Honda Vtec to me is overrated, plus CVT) Not sure what transmission Ford has.. (TC or DCT?)
The facelift EcoSport has a TC.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 11:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
There isn't one particular need of yours that stands out and helps in taking a clear decision between the two.. off the top of my head these are two very different cars and the differences are :

Build (in general harder shell, better insulation, glass, door weight etc) - EcoSport
F.E - Honda
Easier to sell - Honda (not talking about prices here, just easier to sell)
Higher position (easier for taller folks) - Ford
Better backseat - Honda
Service - on par
Comfort - Honda, both front and back once you sit inside.
Divability in Bangalore - Ecosport (that Honda Vtec to me is overrated, plus CVT) Not sure what transmission Ford has.. (TC or DCT?) but given the height the view will be better and hence easier in peak traffic.

Test drive both.. no recommendation from me where a stand-out compulsory requirement isn't mentioned. Once you drive 4-5 kms in both, just go with the heart.. do NOT look at money or resale at this point.
You are in the same boat as mine except that I have different cars to compare. I am also looking for an AT diesel and the considerations are Ecosport tdci titanium (unfortunately no AT) and the other options are new verna diesel automatic and Creta diesel automatic. Creta is a lot of stretch for me and hence I am having a tough time making a decision between SUV and Sedan. I have almost zeroed down on Verna due to AT which i feel is a dire need of the hour considering i will be using it for atleast 6 years and God knows how the traffic situation would be 6 years down the line, when the demand of AT has grown too much in today's time.
SpoiledBratt is offline   Reply With Quote