Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Closed Thread
Old 2nd November 2008, 11:24   #16

Also slated to be launched are

Chevy Captiva with A/T

Aveo U-VA (A cosmetic upgrade for the current model)

Spark 800 (smaller engine)

Mitsu Lancer (mid-09 launch)

Renault Sandero(1.5 diesel hatchback)

Renault Magane (end 09)

Fabia 1.9 Tdi

Facelifted Laura (and hopefully the Tfsi RS version!)

Facelifted Octavia (why??)

Tata Xenon (pick-up truck)

Tata Indicruz (Compes with the Innova)
Old 2nd November 2008, 17:03   #17

Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
Fellow Members, Please let me know which are the new cars which might be launched in the next 6 months. I am keen on buying a new car and your answers will help me a great deal in making up my mind ( and finances, too) about what car which will be worth waiting for. My budget is around 6 lakhs.
I think the following models might fall within your budget (some definitely would, some will stretch it) - presuming that you are looking for an absolutely entry level sedan or a "better" hatchback.

Chevy U-VA
Ford Ikon Diesel
Maruti A-Star
Maruti Splash
Hyundai i20 - Petrol
Hyundai i10 - Diesel
Fiat Grande Punto
Facelifted Mahindra Logan
Entry Level variant of the Honda Jazz

You haven't mentioned your engine preference - Petrol or Diesel. If it's Petrol then in my personal opinion from the above the Hyundai i20 would be a great buy if they power it with a 1400cc, 100bHp engine. The 1200cc, 80bHp Kappa would make it a bit underpowered. If you would want a fully loaded i20 (provided Hyundai India oblige, as we know from the past that they are known to shortchange the Indian consumer), I feel it would cost Rs.7 lacs. The Fiat Grande Punto would be my next choice and though the Honda Jazz seems to be a great car, I feel price wise, it would be more on the lines of the Skoda Fabia - too much money for a hatchback.

A great car as on date with an OTR, Mumbai price of Rs.5 lacs is the Hyundai i10, Sportz manual variant. The Asta manual variant minus the Sunroof would be Rs.5.70 lacs. You can buy the Sportz variant and then spend some more on it to make it even better - alloys, upgrade the tyres, upgrade the sound system etc.

P.S. - Buy the November'2008 issue of Autocar India to get an insight of which cars are slated for release in 2009
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:37   #18

Thanks for all your replies.
@freddie : I am infact looking at an entrly level sedan and hoping that someone would come out with a good car in the 6 lakhs bracket.
But I doubt if that would happen. I am also hoping that Indigo CS will come out with the 1.3 MJD, which might make it a more desirable buy.
Old 6th October 2009, 13:52   #19
Default New Car Launches

The Indian auto sector has been bustling with new launches every now and then... A lot of international players are finding INdia as a lucrative market for higher invvestments.

Its Diwali time.. one of the peak seasons for car launches. any idea on the upcoming car launches in INdia? I came across this teaser website of new car getting launched. seems to to be a decent looking car (by the looks of it). wondering what price bracket would it fall into. Any Ideas?

Manza - Look forward to a new level of indulgence
Old 12th April 2010, 14:19   #20
Default New Launches

I have an odd request. What are the possible car/bike launches that could happen this year.

I am ok even if they are only rumours. Confirmed launches? New variants?

Thanks for your time...

Note from Mod : Old thread, hence closing

Last edited by GTO : 13th April 2010 at 10:04. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread