Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 4th February 2009, 11:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ashish, you can't fit in the rear seat of the Linea so forget about it. Your head will otherwise cause a permanent dent in the roof!!

And before you decide to move on, can we have a list of worthy contenders?? Is there anything on the market that you like enough to replace the Optra with?
rightly pointed so - what would be the replacement that you are looking at?

also are you prepared for the resale price that your optra is likely to go at?
abhijit 2284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 12:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
And before you decide to move on, can we have a list of worthy contenders?? Is there anything on the market that you like enough to replace the Optra with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_dg View Post
Oopstra wont fetch you any money if you further delay it and it is the fact. Just try to sell it and you will see what I mean. So better sell it sooner the better, and there are many newer and better options in the market today explore the same. And be sure not to get in to something like an optra again. Other option is stay on till 1.5 lac kms range till the recession is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijit 2284 View Post
rightly pointed so - what would be the replacement that you are looking at?
Well, my next vehicle selection is another confusion where in i need to identify if i'll be moving for a automatic sedan or SUV. If it will sedan it will be either Altis, Civic or with a stretched budget Embera Transform (I know it will pain to drive in delhi trafffic). In SUV league it will be between Safari (tsk's safari thread scare me always), Scorpio or Innova.

Like i said it is another step which needs to be taken once i am confirmed that i need to sell off optra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_dg View Post
Oopstra wont fetch you any money if you further delay it and it is the fact. Just try to sell it and you will see what I mean. So better sell it sooner the better,
I understand i won't be getting more then 3-3.5 Lakh for a dealer maintained optra, if sold to a end-customer (Thanks to Carwale). 25-30K for CNG kit, In total i'll fetching around 3.5-3.75 in-all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijit 2284 View Post
also are you prepared for the resale price that your optra is likely to go at?
This is the biggest question banging in head, looking at the on-going recession i am hell scared of stepping forward with my decision.
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 12:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Ashish, you know these are unsure days. I would suggest wait for a year, look at what the market situation is like and then decide. Hang on to the car bro. Its one of the first tbhp cars I saw (remember the Auto expo meet ) and it sure suits u too. (pulling those emotional threads)
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 13:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Ashish, you know these are unsure days. I would suggest wait for a year, look at what the market situation is like and then decide. Hang on to the car bro. Its one of the first tbhp cars I saw (remember the Auto expo meet ) and it sure suits u too. (pulling those emotional threads)
Yup.. that chilling night one cannot forget easily, i never waited even for my wife so much in those conditions. But a company of you guys is a life time memory for me.

Even i am inclined towards holding it up but for a car which is nearing it's age i am not sure when it will start adding up my maintenance bills and un-necessary issues.

You know for me it's "Head over head" rather then "Heart over Head" or "Head or heart"
Old 5th February 2009, 15:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Just to check if car performance while running at 35-40km/hr and with a empty road stretch ahead, i floored the pedal and in no time it reached 110-120km odo.

Was quite happy to see the grunt. Still running faithfully around 140-150km on a tankful aka 10Kg CNG without any cough
Old 6th February 2009, 01:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Have a look at the Sonata CRDi AT Ashish but remember the resale is going to be peanuts.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 11:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

I have made up mind and finally decided to keep the car for another year. By the end of year i am expecting to complete atleast 18-20 kms.

The decision is taken purely on the fact that the car running smoothly till date without any sort of niggles and will go on easily for another 15-20K kms. Though I understand a 15-20K amount might need to be spent on 90-100K service, but still it will be far less then I need to invest for purchasing the new car.

Though i will keep my eyes on wide open and head ready for a AT Diesel + Airbags and ABS car/suv (I hope i ain't asking too much )

Thanks for your suggestions and kind words !!