Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2012, 02:29   #76
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 18
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Swift Dzire or Hyundai i20 ???

Hi,

Even I was in a dilema whether to go in for Swift or i20. But the moment when I took i20 diesel for a test drive, I was impressed with it soft clutch and soft steering (though many of them say its a dead steering I personally like it for city drive), I was amazed by its pulling power when it reaches 1900-2100 RPM. In 3rd gear at around 2100 rpm it pulls like a jet. In top gear it reaches 80 to 130 with ease and I was stunned when the gorgeous took me at 160 KMPH. It was full of thrill in the test drive. Where I booked my i20 at spot imdtly without any thought after the test drive.

My car was delivered on the 10th day of booking and i have driven 5500 kms in 45 days.

On the negative note:
Above 120 - 130 kmph, car is less stable on applying brakes (especially you have to very careful on braking on curves/turns on these speeds literally lost balance once, it was a lucky escape for me)

Soft suspensions crank with loud noise on sharp bumps.

On the Positive Note: Apart from the points mentioned above, i20 is a fabulous car to drive in all conditions.

Though the model is hatch, it is of sedan class and that is what it will be printed in RC.

My suggestion is to go for i20 which will be released with facelift in April 2012.
danychris is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 09:45   #77
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: AHMEDABAD
Posts: 3
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Swift Dzire or Hyundai i20 ???

I agree with danychris.... i20 feels nothing less than a hatch..jet... I have done 5,500 Kms on my i20 CRDi Sportz.... in terms of speed and performance, i guess, none can beat it (hatchback segment). Same applies for the interiors. Complete European design with plush and comfort.... Only one drawback.... Jealous neighbors and other hatchback owners....


Quote:
Originally Posted by danychris View Post
Hi,

Even I was in a dilema whether to go in for Swift or i20. But the moment when I took i20 diesel for a test drive, I was impressed with it soft clutch and soft steering (though many of them say its a dead steering I personally like it for city drive), I was amazed by its pulling power when it reaches 1900-2100 RPM. In 3rd gear at around 2100 rpm it pulls like a jet. In top gear it reaches 80 to 130 with ease and I was stunned when the gorgeous took me at 160 KMPH. It was full of thrill in the test drive. Where I booked my i20 at spot imdtly without any thought after the test drive.

My car was delivered on the 10th day of booking and i have driven 5500 kms in 45 days.

On the negative note:
Above 120 - 130 kmph, car is less stable on applying brakes (especially you have to very careful on braking on curves/turns on these speeds literally lost balance once, it was a lucky escape for me)

Soft suspensions crank with loud noise on sharp bumps.

On the Positive Note: Apart from the points mentioned above, i20 is a fabulous car to drive in all conditions.

Though the model is hatch, it is of sedan class and that is what it will be printed in RC.

My suggestion is to go for i20 which will be released with facelift in April 2012.
baxikunal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 18:20   #78
BHPian
 
akshay380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Goa
Posts: 735
Thanked: 560 Times
Default Re: Swift Dzire or Hyundai i20 ???

Guys,

A friend has shortlisted i20 Sport Petrol over Swift ZXi. Good decision? He is happy with i20 package, I was just concerned about petrol motor of i20.
akshay380 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 01:46   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
IshaanIan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,439
Thanked: 3,136 Times
Default Re: Swift Dzire or Hyundai i20 ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Guys,

A friend has shortlisted i20 Sport Petrol over Swift ZXi. Good decision? He is happy with i20 package, I was just concerned about petrol motor of i20.
The only reason that one might buy an i20 over the Swift ZXi, is if he/she is attracted to the host of features and extra space There is no problem with the petrol mill in the i20 offers decent driveability in the city too.

Do note that the facelifted Swift will be launched in March and the ZXi variant is said to have an updated map (let's see how it changes the performance/driveability/efficiency), DRLs, cruise control, keyless entry, start/stop ignition, bluetooth and, though I'd take this one with a pinch of salt; 16inch wheels!

Now with all those added features, cheaper bills at the service center and brilliant dynamics, perhaps it would be worth a rematch to your friend?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 13th December 2013 at 01:48.
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 06:57   #80
BHPian
 
mints21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: India
Posts: 735
Thanked: 1,181 Times
Default Re: Swift Dzire or Hyundai i20 ???

I had driven Swift Dezire for three years and then bought an i20 Asta(o). Between the two of them, I feel i20 is anyway a better choice. Not only in terms of features but also in terms of quality. The build is also solid and fit and finish is excellent. While, in Swift routine rattles come like a package. I20 is a soundproof car.
mints21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 07:30   #81
BHPian
 
akshay380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Goa
Posts: 735
Thanked: 560 Times
Default Re: Swift Dzire or Hyundai i20 ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
The only reason that one might buy an i20 over the Swift ZXi, is if he/she is attracted to the host of features and extra space There is no problem with the petrol mill in the i20 offers decent driveability in the city too.

Do note that the facelifted Swift will be launched in March and the ZXi variant is said to have an updated map (let's see how it changes the performance/driveability/efficiency), DRLs, cruise control, keyless entry, start/stop ignition, bluetooth and, though I'd take this one with a pinch of salt; 16inch wheels!

Now with all those added features, cheaper bills at the service center and brilliant dynamics, perhaps it would be worth a rematch to your friend?
Thanks. However he booked i20. Was supposed to take delivery in Jan 14, but being his first car, he became restless and is taking delivery next week itself.
akshay380 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2014, 18:43   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,326 Times
Default

I endorse this view. We needed to change my parents Indica DLG Turbo V2 this year after 8 years and around 52k kms.
The main reason was that we wanted a modern petrol driven vehicle with first class safety features and general driveability etc.

The choices were narrowed down to Swift Dzire Zxi and I 20 Asta 1.2 Petrol.
The I 20 has won, simply on account of its quality, class, space, versatility, comfort and class-leading convenience feature list.

The Swift Dzire is a great car yes. But that stuck on boot and non-foldable rear seats just do not quite cut it from our requirement perspective.

We will take delivery of a brand new I 20 in the third week of Jan 2014.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Figo TDCi v/s Hyundai i20 CRDi v/s Hyundai i20 1.2 v/s Honda Jazz lamborghini Hatchbacks 24 18th December 2010 15:54
Suspension upgrade for Dzire (Maruti Swift Dzire) Murugan Modifications & Accessories 15 12th September 2010 12:34
Swift Dzire Petrol Vs. Swift Dzire Diesel reveal_da_zeal The Indian Car Scene 2 4th April 2008 21:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks