Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 21st May 2009, 16:02   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this GV interiors also built like swift.
Engine may be capable what I disliked was the interiors looked like their cheaper siblings like swift.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 16:17   #32
Team-BHP Support

Swift interior is a cheap copy of Grand Vitara interior. At first look many people mistake it to be same as Swift. Closer look will reveal a much cleaner fit and finish. Next time you are in a GV, take a closer look.
Attached Images

Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 16:23   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

@Samurai - Oh man!!. Each to his own.

@ mwzd - Which model of civic did you test drive? Am interested because of the FE counter. My 2007 model did not have it.

Innova seems quite capable.

Last edited by laluks : 21st May 2009 at 16:29.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 08:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
MWZD,if you want a car within 14L,I would recommend Civic with eyes closed...Its a brilliant car with a punchy engine,futuristic interiors and awesome looks(now thats subjective) and a whole host of safety features.....My Dad owns one and I can assure you that FE is much more than 6kmpl...Infact,its closer to around 9(always AC on)..
Its 15L now in Mumbai, but well worth it and I took your advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
@ mwzd - Which model of civic did you test drive? Am interested because of the FE counter. My 2007 model did not have it.
The one I TDed was a 2008 model I think.

I finally went w/ the New Civic - of all the cars, its the most luxurious and powerful. Thank you one and all for your advice and inputs, they are really appreciated. Cheers!
mwzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 12:38   #35

The All New Civic would be the right choice.

You can give a thought for it.

Thanks,
Vivek
vivekhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 03:13   #36
BHPian

Ok, sorry for disappearing after all the feedback and info received and not posting pics and short term ownership info, things have been quite hectic.

I got the car on Dussehra, pretty auspicious day. She's a beaut. But haven't really driven much, just done about 350kms since then. It took a little getting used to the extra inches in the front and sides (as compared to the OHC), but I quite like the feel at the moment.

And now for the main reason for the delay in posting again - just brought home our new baby from the hospital yesterday.

He was born earlier this week, believe me the car comes a distant second to the joy of a newborn.

Will post pics of the car, including close-ups of the interiors and exteriors just as soon as the baby formalities are over.

Just wondering whether I should post these in this thread or in this section - Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports - Team-BHP - also, could one of the mods pretty please edit the title to include Civic? Would make more sense.
mwzd is offline   Reply With Quote