Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 9th July 2009, 13:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

I thought you already finalised on a fiesta. Not a single recommendation on ford !! If you are not in a hurry, this might be what you get for your budget in few months !
Name:  fiesta2010.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  171.1 KB
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 13:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Within the Sedan category, I would say Fiesta1.6 S or SXi, Linea Emotion Pk, Verna.

In the hatch category
i20, Jazz, Punto Emotion Pk
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 14:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

I would pick SX4 for sheer value of money, gadgets and value provided in the price offered is indeed best in the segment.
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 16:35   #19

Thanks to all for your response. A short description about my TDs and my observations.

Fiesta - I have eyed Fiesta for a long time (May be couple of years). But the recent test drive was a major put off for me.

1. I didn't like the seats. It is not holding me well. Same is the case with rear seat. I personally felt my Santro has a wider and larger seats which holds me well.
2. Even after driving cautiously, it scrapped badly in 2 out of 3 humps, and you know of Bangalore humps. Recently it is renamed as Hump City from Garden city (OT, In my 12 KM daily drive I had counted 16 humps and still growing)

So as of now, Fiesta is out of list.

Jazz - Close to 8.5 L OTR, I don't think it is a value for money, didn't even TD.

Grand Punto - No offence to Fiat lovers, I didn't feel anything special about it from outside. I saw one parked in my company parking lot, felt very ordinary. (Is the GP looks better in pictures?) Moreover interior fit and finish is same as Linea as per reports and that is a concern + rear seat. Didn't TD it.

Linea - I still can't take eyes out of it. (My kid says I do exactly like in the Linea Advt.) Inspected the interiors when it launched, both me and wife felt fit and finish is not up to the mark. Now, with many fellow TBHPians reports on niggling issues, I don't want to take a chance.

Most importantly, Concorde and Prerana in Bangalore never cared to bring the vehicle for a TD. My car parking area is a bit cramped and would like to see how much effort I need, to park it and take it out everyday. I have followed up with them for almost 2 months including many calls to Fiat call center, mail to Mangesh etc.. but unfortunately no response. If the pre-sales response is like this, I can't trust them on A.S.S for another 5-6 years. If Fiat/Tata is not interested in selling Linea, it is their problem, I can't beg them for a TD.

Aveo - I did a drive long back and liked the interiors too, but with Aveo sales dropping MOM and GMs bad name, reluctant on going for this. However, KROPEX dealership is close to my house and they are following up with me every week religiously. That's positive. Yet to get a vehicle for TD though.

i20 - Typical Indian mindset, I too wanted to upgrade from hatchback to Sedan, hence didn't consider i20 till recently. But, when I TD it, loved the comfort it provides including features. It is not underpowered, but some more horses will make it much much better.

SX4 - Perception, I never considerd SX4 in my search so far. But positive feedback from 3 real owners inspired me to TD it. Yet to do it.

So in the final lap, I have SX4, i20 and may be Aveo. Hope to close on it soon.
marathp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 10:31   #20

I'd say limit yourself to a choice between the SX4 and the i20. If you can go a little easy on the fit and finish aspect of your requirements then your best bet is the SX4 as you get a lot of stuff and the Maruti reliability (albeit with a few cheap interior parts).

If not, go for the i20 where the only downside is that you don't have much of a boot and it isn't as spacious as the SX4 but it comes fully loaded as well and might be easier to park and maneuver than the SX4. Engine power (or lack of it) isn't a problem for you so the one major downside of the i20 shouldn't affect you at all.
adithyav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 22:42   #21

List the cars as our members suggested,surf the net,our forums-short the list to two.Get test drive to make your final move.
Personally,I prefer SX4.
abhishek_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 23:31   #22

From SX4, Aveo & i20, if you love comfirt & dosent have any prob with Hatch, then i20 is the way to go.

Other wise, for mainly city driving, & if you love the interiors, aveo is better than SX4.
loving_alaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 20:12   #23

Check out Jazz & I20, they would meet all your expectations and good service, economy etc. If your outstation travel/4 to 5 adults traveling with lots of luggage then you must look at city, Verna!
Gany is offline   Reply With Quote