Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 6th October 2009, 16:02   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Should have no second thoughts for the Cedia.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 16:36   #17
VMG
BHPian

Go for Cedia Sports! it is VFM.

If you are going to keep it for long term(4-5 years) resale value should not be an issue.
VMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 20:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

If you are willing to bear the depreciation, I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Even after 33000km and more than 2.5 years, most people mistake my car as brand new.
It has not aged at all and I'm sure that most other owners feel the same way.

Brilliant car to drive and brilliant car to live with on a daily basis as well.
You'd be thanking yourself for buying it over the jelly bean cart rivals for years!

Last edited by reignofchaos : 6th October 2009 at 21:00.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 21:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Your stars are pointing to the Cedia bro (the CRV deal not working out )
Go for it.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 21:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Fan View Post
Sadly, my friend decided to keep the CR-V, calculating that it was worth more hanging on to it given the low mileage than to sell it.

So that leaves me with the Cedia Sports and Honda alternatives (Jazz and City). I have been offered the Cedia at Rs9.7L ex showroom, which is a Rs20,000 discount. Apparently there is one ready for delivery in the colour that I want. Is that a decent discount or have others received better ones?

Any advice is welcome!
If resale isnt a problem, Cedia is the one for you, cant compare it to jazz or city (Highly overpriced, Honda it is Right!). Plus cedia is sheer driving pleasure and 9.7 is good. Thats exactly what the sales guy told me, last time I visited Asian motors. In between did you check the car at Asian motors. The sales guys there are very helpful. Insist on third year warrenty which costs 7.5K, and may be plastic floor mats costing about 2.5k and car cover costing about 2.5k again. Even if you get any one of them it should be good. Rest the features one get at around 10.5lac on road is sheer VFM. only thing you can change in this car is tyres that too if you corner hard. Plus they are a bit noisy. Still can manage.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 6th October 2009 at 21:42.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 23:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sadly, my friend decided to keep the CR-V, calculating that it was worth more hanging on to it given the low mileage than to sell it.

So that leaves me with the Cedia Sports and Honda alternatives (Jazz and City). I have been offered the Cedia at Rs9.7L ex showroom, which is a Rs20,000 discount. Apparently there is one ready for delivery in the colour that I want. Is that a decent discount or have others received better ones?

Any advice is welcome!
Car Fan which dealer are you talking to?
I went to excel last week and the sales manager said there is 'corporate' discount of 40K on the sports. Later in the day one of his subordinates called up to say that I cannot avail of the same level of discount as it is only for Pvt. Ltd. or Ltd. companies but since I would be purchasing as an individual they can give me max 10K. I told him to keep the money. The guy called up a couple of hours later and said that 40K was never mentioned, I must have heard wrong (Ya I forgot to use ear buds that morning) and raised the level to 15K. So with all this drama it is clear that your dealer is a better guy to talk to.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 00:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Car Fan which dealer are you talking to?
I went to excel last week and the sales manager said there is 'corporate' discount of 40K on the sports. Later in the day one of his subordinates called up to say that I cannot avail of the same level of discount as it is only for Pvt. Ltd. or Ltd. companies but since I would be purchasing as an individual they can give me max 10K. I told him to keep the money. The guy called up a couple of hours later and said that 40K was never mentioned, I must have heard wrong (Ya I forgot to use ear buds that morning) and raised the level to 15K. So with all this drama it is clear that your dealer is a better guy to talk to.
There are only two dealerships in Delhi, Excel motors, mathura road and Asian motors, moti nagar and there is another one in Gurgaon. Check with asian motors and talk to Sujoy (nice and curtious sales person). He should be able to help..When I had a word with him a couple of weeks back, he said we are giving about 20k discounts.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 7th October 2009 at 00:31.
Old 7th October 2009, 09:17   #23
BHPian

Same one, Khoj.

So what colour should I go for? I think the Cedia Sports looks pretty good in white which is also the best for Delhi since it does not show the inevitable scratches and marks that New Delhi's finest motorcylists and drivers will leave on it.

But it is admittedly a boring colour. My sister recommends the blue one and my mother and brother in law think yellow looks good. I have seen pics of the yellow Cedia but never any of the blue one - can anyone guide me here?
Car Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 12:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Same one, Khoj.

So what colour should I go for? I think the Cedia Sports looks pretty good in white which is also the best for Delhi since it does not show the inevitable scratches and marks that New Delhi's finest motorcylists and drivers will leave on it.
Black Cedia with the 'old nose' looked really graceful with some kind mystic aura to it. I am not sure how the redesigned grill looks on black. But yes, it will be extremely difficult to maintain.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 16:32   #25
BHPian

Update: I now have a Rs30,000 discount from one of the dealers (plus car cover and floor mats). Hmm, need to decide on a colour.
Old 7th October 2009, 17:21   #26
BHPian

Default RE: Colour

Red, and you would join the small group of red Cedia car owners in delhi.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 17:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: I now have a Rs30,000 discount from one of the dealers (plus car cover and floor mats). Hmm, need to decide on a colour.
30k plus cover and mats!
hmm.. I thought so..

White according to me is best suited for delhi. The only colour in which I personally feel cedia looks better than white is Black. Though, its very hard to maintain a car in back but it looks wicked!

Yellow and red looks good initially for 2-3 years after which it starts looking blad. I would say go for white or black..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 7th October 2009 at 17:28.
Old 7th October 2009, 18:01   #28
BHPian

I agree that white is the best after black, and that the maintenance angle makes white win in Delhi. The grey Cedia Sports also looks pretty good except from the rear where I think the silver and red light cluster clashes with it.

Toyed with the idea of yellow and red but it's not really me.
Old 7th October 2009, 18:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Same one, Khoj.

But it is admittedly a boring colour. My sister recommends the blue one and my mother and brother in law think yellow looks good. I have seen pics of the yellow Cedia but never any of the blue one - can anyone guide me here?
Between my query and Gaurav's recommendation I take it same one means Excel and the 30K from one of is from Asian/Chanakya?

As for the color besides it's own colours you can get the Cedia sports in warm silver & Nordic Blue(I asked & they confirmed) from the Cedia, and the Granite(dealer informed me) from the Pajero palettes. You can check with the dealer regarding other colours too. Of course you will have to wait for the car, on the flip side the car will be pretty much untouched(I was offered a test drive in a brand new car from the dealers stock). Of course this might have an effect on the discount better check on that one.

By the way what are your views on the sticker job on the current cars. Are you going ahead with those on or are you going to have the same removed.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 18:44   #30
BHPian

Everyone is buying a White Cedia.

Nice Discount with Free Stuff.
Good Luck.

Last edited by supercars : 7th October 2009 at 18:50. Reason: Forgot to add something.
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote