Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 12th October 2009, 12:42   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
It may be to do with Mitsubishi's strict policy on One County One Price.
yeah i like the one country policy
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 17:21   #47
BHPian

Default finally did it!

Good news... I booked a Chicago White coloured Mitsubishi Cedia Sports with Asian Motors! Discount came to Rs30,000 plus cover, mats, tissues (!) and two 3M teflon coatings after future servicing. Car is expected to be delivered October 25. Can't wait to hit the road with it!
Car Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 18:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the Cedia club
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 23:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! I knew Asian Motors are doing whatever they can to sell HM Mitsubishi... Must be costing you abour 10.2 on road plus all those goodies.. Great offer!

I am sure you must be excited and waiting to hit the road. All the best

Will await snaps.

Did you talk about the smoked headlamps, thats the only thing missing in the new cedia sports. Although it has been reported here on T-bhp that prices of headlights of cedia have fallen to about 5.5k, I have always been quoted 16k + tax for the headlight from Asian as well as Excel Motors, Prices of remaining spares have certainly dropped.

If at all you really want it, you can get them in Karol Bagh for 5.5k (Originals) and 3.5k (some from thailand).

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 13th October 2009 at 23:58.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 01:50   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! I knew Asian Motors are doing whatever they can to sell HM Mitsubishi... Must be costing you abour 10.2 on road plus all those goodies.. Great offer!

I am sure you must be excited and waiting to hit the road. All the best

Will await snaps.

Did you talk about the smoked headlamps, thats the only thing missing in the new cedia sports. Although it has been reported here on T-bhp that prices of headlights of cedia have fallen to about 5.5k, I have always been quoted 16k + tax for the headlight from Asian as well as Excel Motors, Prices of remaining spares have certainly dropped.

If at all you really want it, you can get them in Karol Bagh for 5.5k (Originals) and 3.5k (some from thailand).
16K for headlamps. . i think even civic headlamps are cheaper.

@car_fan get the cedia without the stupid stickers man!! it will be whole lot better trust me. . and are you getting the momo steering and OZ alloys?

awaiting pics and congratulations. this is the best D segment drivers cars. no doubt.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 02:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Although it has been reported here on T-bhp that prices of headlights of cedia have fallen to about 5.5k, I have always been quoted 16k + tax for the headlight from Asian as well as Excel Motors,
Could it be that the smoked version costs 16K and the clear version 5.5k?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 10:01   #52
BHPian

Definitely getting the car without stickers! Don't feel need for smoked lamps - I think the clear look works particularly well with white.

But I do plan to mod the car once the three-year warranty period is over, particularly to lift up the horsepower of the engine. I have a rallying friend who has promised me various extra bits from his friends' Evolutions!

Someone recommended a K&N air filter to bump up the power a notch. But this seems to be a controversial issue judging from a scan of various discussions here. Opinions? Any other recommendations? My priority would be to bump up power without voiding any warranties at this stage.
Car Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 12:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
16K for headlamps. . i think even civic headlamps are cheaper.
I somewhere read that civic's headlights cost around 14k and that of altis cost around 23k (I may be wrong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Could it be that the smoked version costs 16K and the clear version 5.5k?
Dont know but this shouldnt be the case. the headlight is around 16,200 plus tax 10.5% VAT plus labour charges around 500 plus service charges. Makes it around 19K.
Old 15th October 2009, 15:47   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont know but this shouldnt be the case. the headlight is around 16,200 plus tax 10.5% VAT plus labour charges around 500 plus service charges. Makes it around 19K.
The thing is - there is/was a similar situation for the Baleno too. The EIII auto-levelling lamps cost 12-13k (imported SGP) whereas the EII non-levelling ones cost 3.5ish.

So I was wondering whether the smoked ones are imported and the clear lamps are localised. I need to hunt for a spare part price list I got from a HM showroom. If you visit a showroom, ask for one - they have a printed flyer with parts prices for all their cars.
Old 15th October 2009, 19:12   #55
Senior - BHPian

Smoked ones are 5.1k+VAT here in bangalore. Genuine Mitsubishi Japan part. I got my left one replaced earlier this year.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:18   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Smoked ones are 5.1k+VAT here in bangalore. Genuine Mitsubishi Japan part. I got my left one replaced earlier this year.
No idea.. only thing I can guess is that the service stations have the built up inventories of the headlights which they bought when it costed 16k and now they are sell it at then same price. I did check for the prices of other parts such as brake pads, bumper, skirting and all and they did drop. Only price I couldnt justify was headlights. I specifically confirmed this from the GM- operations of Asian Motors, so I am dead sure about the price.

@car_fan, when you go to take the delivery of your car, can you ask for the price list of parts. Also, if you can clarify about the price of headlight (16k). since you are to take delivery from asian motors, it will clarify my doubt as well.
Old 16th October 2009, 00:22   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need to hunt for a spare part price list I got from a HM showroom. If you visit a showroom, ask for one - they have a printed flyer with parts prices for all their cars.
Found it.

Headlight Assy (Elegance) : 11353 (old) ---> 5235 (new)
Headlight Assy (Sports) : 14047 (old) ---> 5975 (new)

It does not mention whether this if for a pair. But I suspect it is.

Last edited by shuvc : 16th October 2009 at 00:23.
Old 16th October 2009, 01:01   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Fan View Post
Definitely getting the car without stickers! Don't feel need for smoked lamps - I think the clear look works particularly well with white.

But I do plan to mod the car once the three-year warranty period is over, particularly to lift up the horsepower of the engine. I have a rallying friend who has promised me various extra bits from his friends' Evolutions!

Someone recommended a K&N air filter to bump up the power a notch. But this seems to be a controversial issue judging from a scan of various discussions here. Opinions? Any other recommendations? My priority would be to bump up power without voiding any warranties at this stage.

Useless it is. Cedia has a really nice cold air intake setup which you would not want to mess up with.
Old 16th October 2009, 02:01   #59
BHPian

Congrats carfan, wise decision
Chat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 07:56   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Found it.

Headlight Assy (Elegance) : 11353 (old) ---> 5235 (new)
Headlight Assy (Sports) : 14047 (old) ---> 5975 (new)

It does not mention whether this if for a pair. But I suspect it is.
yes thats what the new price list uploaded on team bhp quoted. I remember to have seen list quoting both old and new prices of all lancer, cedia and pajero. I think the talegate price of pajero dropped from some 80-90k to some 15-20k. massive it was.

and this is exactly what I said to to the GM-operations of asian motors and he said. Sir 5.5k ki to lancer ki hai. Cedia's light is for 16k. When I said that it is priced at 5.5k in banglore (as ROC got it changed), I was told that prices are same across the country.

anyways, I dont need a replacement right now and hope wont need it in future..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th October 2009 at 07:57.