Team-BHP - Looking for an automatic car or SUV
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   Looking for an automatic car or SUV (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/68359-looking-automatic-car-suv.html)

Dear all, I am looking for something in automatic, don't know which one, quite puzzled.
It could be in the range of Rs. 5 to 11 lakh.
I want to know utility of different cars or SUVs as well.
mostly drive in the city but can go for long drive also.
please:help me.

On SUV with your budget, Scorpio AT might fit. Exshowroom is 10L+

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbhp (Post 1557012)
On SUV with your budget, Scorpio AT might fit. Exshowroom is 10L+

It does fit and I also cosidering but one thing is missing in this SUV is Air bags, Why Mahindra :Frustrati

quite a few options in that budget:

i10 kappa 1.2 magna/sportz/asta A/T - around 4.5 to 5.5 Lakhs

i20 gamma 1.4 asta/asta O A/T- around 7 to 8 lakhs

sx4 zxi/zxi leather A/T- around 8 - 8.4 lakhs

verna sx crdi vgt A/T- around 8.6 lakhs

scorpio A/T - just around 10 lakhs

only i10 kappa asta , i20 asta/asta O and SX4 have both ABS and airbag fiited.

ANHC A/T falls just outside your budget

You need to narrow down here.
5-11 is a very open range ! You can get 2 new automatics for 11L.

How many kms do you expect to clock monthly ? If it is high usage, Verna CRDi AT.

Do you prefer a hatch (why), sedan (why), or SUV (again why).

Reasons can vary between ease of city driving in a hatch (i10 AT), comfort of a sedan (SX4 AT or City AT) or to take on rough / bad roads in an SUV (Scorpio AT).

Sometimes I feel small hatch is good for city driving then I feel why not big car or SUV so can go on highways also because I like to wander around.
Isn't it better to buy two of them one for city other for highway and discard all others I am driving at the moment ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksons (Post 1557353)
Isn't it better to buy two of them one for city other for highway and discard all others I am driving at the moment ?

If one can afford and have a parking space for 2 cars, I feel it is better to go for 2 cars. You can buy single supposedly alrounder ca, but still it will have some compromises on both the occassions.

Test drive the i20 AT. It should be good in the city and highway as well. Not sure if they offer test drives on that though.

^^ +1 to that (if you want just one car).

If you had the space and the money, i10 AT + City/SX4 AT should do well.

City AT should be a good bet. Trouble free and well rounded car.

Thanks all,
I currently have two cars, one sedan and hatch back and would like to replace both, one by one.
Think I should replace frist Hatch with Hatch (i10 Auto) and later Sedan with SUV (Scorpio)
What do you guys think ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksons (Post 1558883)
Thanks all,
I currently have two cars, one sedan and hatch back and would like to replace both, one by one.
Think I should replace frist Hatch with Hatch (i10 Auto) and later Sedan with SUV (Scorpio)
What do you guys think ?

Makes sense. Hatch + SUV.
Again depends on what the priority is.

I'd say yes, do the hatch first.

Quote:

Makes sense. Hatch + SUV.
Again depends on what the priority is.

I'd say yes, do the hatch first.
Thanks to reaffirm my decision, Which i10 model should I go for ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksons (Post 1559154)
Thanks to reaffirm my decision, Which i10 model should I go for ?

If you do exclusively, and I mean exclusively city roundabouts in the hatch, you might go for the i10 kappa magna or sportz (you DO NOT get ABS/AIRBAGS in them, though you get ICE/rear defogger+wiper/a few other small add ons with sportz). If you intend to do highway miles, consider the asta with ABS+AIRBAGS.

I think i10 sportz is good enough because for highways, I have Sturdy Sedan with Airbags and ABS
Now For color, I like dark blue, Is it OK ? or white ?. But in sportz The body kit comes for red and black only, want some clarification here.